Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimag
+1 for strike or some sort of severe punishment. There are two very clear instances of command abuse. If you do not like someone just don’t interact with them. As staff you shouldn’t legitimately abuse commands that you were entrusted with.
From both Cimags responses it seems like he might have thought this was a kick done in mutual fun. However, as staff with specialty commands we need to be certain that any use of them outside of our official duties is done in a consensual and non-disruptive way.

+1 for strike
I had a guy's donator removed from a "joke" kick back in the day when it was actually more toxic. Everyone should be held accountable, and nobody is the same with how they're wanting to be treated versus another.

+1 for strike

Edit: the way staff are handling themselves in the comments shows that maybe even more than a strike should be added honestly. It doesn't matter if you like a person or not. Treat everyone the same, you're a "leader" of some sorts. But then again, it's gmod. You're all the same people who reinstated some questionable people in the past too.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-25-2024, 09:08 AM)Foxka Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 08:33 AM)Jammin Wrote: Amidst the shitposting there seems a clear verdict.
I also witnessed cimag kick someone (it may have been Kessler but I don't recall) when I was playing a few days ago, wasn't sure as to the context.
Joke kicks ruin your rounds score and karma, and sometimes crash the game. You only kick friends if you know they are ok, and you certainly don't kick random folks who are just trying to escape life for a day.

+1 strike
I agree completely with this, I've missed many motm rewards from joke kicks (which by the way monkeydog himself has done...)
As someone with a prebuilt desktop I bought from walmart in 2016, I resonate with the game crashing part very much, I cannot express how discouraging it is to enjoy playing and all of a sudden your game just closes and you have to wait 10-20 minutes to load back in.

+1 for a strike, although I will say I never saw this coming from cimag, then again I'm inactive here so I wouldn't know recent events
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
+1 for strike. Clearly not mutual and the responses here don’t help
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Seems pretty cut and dry to me tbh, the non serious replies are giving me the idea that you aren’t really understanding the consequences of doing this. If you had simply said sorry I’d feel differently but because of the lack of even an apology I am leaning towards a +1 for staff strike, and would also encourage admins to put a damper on these mid map kicks which have become more common lately.
A staff strike will be issued.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]