Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Rand Tournaments in the Community
So, I know of all the issues yesterday, runtime was longer than I'd figured by a good bit, and trying to screw with the servers wasn't working. I've come to learn that there were some cloudflare issues yesterday, as it was affecting some other sites I use all night as well. It wasn't doing anything to the servers directly, just the portal that the integration is hosted on so I couldn't send console commands to get each game going. 

The reason why I was using a rented server vs just ingame dedicated was because I was told, and they tested it, that dedicated ones were basically being DDOS'd into the ground and it likely wouldn't work, especially midday on a Saturday. I also did not realize that L4D2 has been updated past a few common addons/plugins that make things I was trying to do easier, so certain things aren't possible like they were a few years ago. 

Runtime I just thought about an hour per campaign would have been plenty, and then sprinkle a few minutes in at the end for the final match. This was just me being lazy and not knowing enough about the game, I don't play much. 

There were a feeeew insinuations that some teams were stacked too much. The main one being towards the winners, anything I really say would come off as defensive, but ig I'll just say mini and I have like 30 hours in the game, I've never played the first one, and haven't played this one for over a year, and really just don't like it. Ace doesn't play much as well, he's just good a things. Quantum and derp played the most, and only one of them were on our team at a time. I thought damien and murphs teams were going to be the scary ones. 

This brings me to the main point. I still think that setup is better, most people who want to be involved in competitive settings here tend to want to play with their friends, but going forward I think I'll make one change, which will annoy the loners out there. 

For 4-player games, I'm going to  go ahead and have people enter as pairs and then pair off from there, unless they can't find another pair then I'll autoassign. This way there's some inherent team chemistry regardless. For 5-player games, same thing with team captains picking. Having at least one person on a team you have chemistry with will just alleviate most annoyances, I think. 

I am taking any suggestions on anything that hasn't been addressed, probably won't acknowledge much today as I'm still just worn out. 

I'm probably going to try a League of Legends tournament next, maybe sometime next month. It'll have a bit of a longer time between announcement and the actual game and will encompass a longer period of time, depending on quantity of people (idk if I can get enough), so there's that.

Oh and any accusations of me causing personal property damage are entirely true. I actually physically went to their house and beat their property with a hammer, anything else you may have heard has been fabricated to protect my interests.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
-1 for both. Cannot be trusted in staff due to history and personally I think any events should be run by someone better organized
former admin2
If you do League, please do a one-and-done on ARAM

I'll carry anybody as Garen top (I have maybe 5 hours of game time)
smh my head
(02-25-2024, 12:37 PM)chapman Wrote: If you do League, please do a one-and-done on ARAM

I'll carry anybody as Garen top (I have maybe 5 hours of game time)
no
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
league tournament would go crazy, sign me up!
Rocket League tourney!
???????? ??????
Biggest thing I’ve heard is that some people were being genuinely mean during the tournament, which directly affected the mood of a few people. A league tournament would be awesome though.
i think we can just do a team captain draft next time and people won't complain then

also to anyone hating on it, try and do better next time and give it a try before you judge :) some things go wrong very easily and rand randled it pretty well with some help.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
i am no league of legends player. however, my good friend, who is definitely not me, "little meow boy" would absolutely win those.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(02-25-2024, 03:28 PM)bab Wrote: i am no league of legends player. however, my good friend, who is definitely not me, "little meow boy" would absolutely win those.
little meow boy fucking sucks at lux support...