Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singe
Name - Singe 
SteamID - STEAM_0:1:46142695
Server - TTT
Rank - Donor
What - People were harrassing a player who on the server their name is JEFFREYonPC (ID - STEAM_0:1:74021869). They kept getting on him for ghosting when he wasnt actually doing anything to be accused of just what was on the forums currently. I constantly told everyone to stop starting drama on the server and leave it to the forums. I then spectated for a while and checked logs for multiple rounds to make sure he actually wasnt ghosting(I believe he wasn't) and that they were just giving him a hard time. Out of nowhere Singe kicked him for the reason of "ghosting" which I dont think he took very kindly because singe was heading the lyching mob.

Later on as I was still observing there is a newer player on by the name of Six Emberfree(ID - STEAM_0:0:563043556) with a foreign accent who some might find a bit "annoying" everyone elses words not mine I didnt mind it however singe gagged him when the guy was just trying to talk. This would not be a good experience for a new player to the server and luckily grif was on at the time and ungagged the guy afterwards.
When - 3/7/24 around 9:40pm-10:00pm, est 
Witnesses - grif but im not sure if he was on when everyone was harrassing jeffrey if further witnesses are needed I will look to see who was on that I trust to give an accurate and unbiased opinion of the situation
Proof - screenshots below
Other - Next time I will start recording instead of taking screenshots I just didnt expect something like that to transpire I thought they were just going to get on him and leave it at that.

If needed I will make a separate post for the jeffrey and ember incident I just thought they happened so close together something had to be said

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-07-2024, 10:09 PM)proper Wrote: Singe kicked the guy for ghosting right as grif got on so I don't think he was aware that staff were getting on. There was also PLENTY of reason to believe JEFFERYonPC was ghosting with ArcaicLion at the time (something we were trying to get evidence of), as @coco?? called out & is posting a ban request for at the moment. I don't think it was a lynch mob like you're making it out to be because this person got on and was immediately trolling and talking about inappropriate topics. I also don't know why you think JEFFERYonPC is the person you're talking about because they're a guest on the server while the person you're talking about has the rank of Donor.

I think him gagging Six was uncalled for and I support a warning/strike or whatever is warranted on that front, but I don't think the way you're painting this situation is accurate to what actually happened.
Okay well I wasnt watching him beforehand and I dont think I looked into logs well enough then because after that happened is when I was looking at him pretty close. He definitely couldve been scared into not doing it anymore. also I didnt mean to say nazu because nazu is the one who made the post on the guy idk im just tired but anyway is I just saw a recent post about them ghosting and assumed it was the same person because the day ban would be up about now and they talked about the guy living with them which is the exact same thing said in the server so sorry about the name thing ill change that. and the lynch mob I think is the perfect way to describe it. there was so much drama being started by more than one person overlapping voices as I told them to drop it and take it to the forums but they kept going until singe kicked the guy. I dont even think he gathered proof beforehand he was just going by what everyone said and nobody in chat had proof either they couldnt bring up exact scenarios they just said it.
(03-07-2024, 10:20 PM)proper Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 10:14 PM)Oreos™ Wrote: and the lynch mob I think is the perfect way to describe it. there was so much drama being started by more than one person overlapping voices as I told them to drop it and take it to the forums but they kept going until singe kicked the guy.

I'm not going to go back and forth on this thread but this just didn't happen, Jeffery kept saying, "wtf you guys think im actually ghosting??" every time it got dropped after coco initially accused him. She also had a specific situation that she explained in voice to all of us. I don't think Singe should have kicked him for ghosting, but the guy was trolling and trying to rile people up repeatedly.
I mustve been tabbed out when coco was talking because when I got there it was a bunch of overlapping voices fighting over it and it kept going. kinda just wanted to gag ^ but I let it play out because I wasnt sure. I just saw what singe did and didnt report it until I saw him gag ember then it led me to believe he might just be fucking around with the powers.
both the kick and the gag were wrong, but there was good reason to be keeping an eye on jeffrey (which kinda made it even worse that singe kicked him because it ruined attempts at getting evidence)

grif wasnt there for the first, was there for the second and ungagged the dude, def should get strikes

but the rest of the words on this post coulda just not been left in smh
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-07-2024, 10:32 PM)Nah, I'd Cum. Wrote: both the kick and the gag were wrong, but there was good reason to be keeping an eye on jeffrey (which kinda made it even worse that singe  kicked him because it ruined attempts at getting evidence)

grif wasnt there for the first, was there for the second and ungagged the dude, def should get strikes

but the rest of the words on this post coulda just not been left in smh
ill work on that in the future I didnt know it was a crime to be thorough
Last I remember, I wasn't the one "heading the lynch mob"

Also I seem to recall people like that everfree person using the mic to just make gagging noises, so I think that warrants a mute or whatever.
I'm not reading all those run-on sentences...

Based off what proper wrote, I'd say a +1 for a warning.
smh my head
+1 singe kicked him for a based reason and did nothing wrong at all and was thinking of the server with good intentions and is a great guy and is super cool and i want to be friends with him and and and and
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
-1 donor strike but maybe +1 a warning, based on what I can see here.
If no staff are on then it's kinda donor's domain in a way. It sounds like the mute/gag may have been warranted, and the ghosting has a follow-up ban request. Albeit, may be good for someone from staff to guide @Singe to the donor guidelines, as it would be better to ping/summon staff before resorting to donor kicking.
But, it sounds like the actions were for cause.

Now, if staff were actually online on server, that changes everything. But I am either blind or I see no evidence of that.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-09-2024, 09:17 PM)Singe Wrote: Last I remember, I wasn't the one "heading the lynch mob"

Also I seem to recall people like that everfree person using the mic to just make gagging noises, so I think that warrants a mute or whatever.
ember wasnt making any noises like that he was just talking around the time you gagged him. and then everyone was saying how annoying he was just because of his voice.

(03-09-2024, 10:24 PM)Jammin Wrote: -1 donor strike but maybe +1 a warning, based on what I can see here.
If no staff are on then it's kinda donor's domain in a way. It sounds like the mute/gag may have been warranted, and the ghosting has a follow-up ban request. Albeit, may be good for someone from staff to guide @Singe to the donor guidelines, as it would be better to ping/summon staff before resorting to donor kicking.
But, it sounds like the actions were for cause.

Now, if staff were actually online on server, that changes everything. But I am either blind or I see no evidence of that.
The kick was warranted I didnt see the evidence until after I made the post but the gag was honestly uncalled for. The guy was just being friendly and he had kinda a shitty mic and a weird accent.