Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
small incend loophole
So innocents are 100% responsible for any innocent deaths their incend causes right? This doesn't change if someone picks it up with a magneto stick apparently so theoretically if an inno threw an incend into a room they knew there was a t in and the t throws the incend out that inno is now responsible for the death of whoever died and can be slain for it. This is an extreme case that i'm not sure if it has happened or not. While I was playing ttt I was taking a pee and got rdmed at the beginning of the round. I'm not going to name any names as to not bring up any drama but for stories sake "Bob" threw a joke incend not intending to actually kill anyone and "Joe" picked it up and threw it at me. Bob is now responsible for my death even though Joe used his magneto stick to throw it at me. Coming back from a small bathroom break and not knowing the whole story I reported Bob and learned the truth. Both of them started talking about it so it was clear what happened. I then forgave the report I made against Bob and took a different course of action. I reported Joe asking for his side of the story and he called me quote on quote "genuinely stupid" for reporting him. Whoever handled the report as I forget the name now told me to report Bob instead. So nothing came out of it and against my better judgement when Joe was afk I held an incend until it exploded and killed us both. Appropriately I was slain for "revenge rdm". Wait did you read that too? revenge rdm. I'm not saying any rule change has to happen I just mostly want it out there that this can happen and don't ever throw an incend like ever as it can cause unwanted drama. Let me know if you agree that this rule is a little too loose and can be exploited.
nah, i'd incend
former admin2
yes
if you throw an incend you're responsible for deaths it causes

if you try to throw one anywhere, anything can cause it to bounce back, or it can be tossed back, this is the risk you run with throwing incends, most of the time throwing one as an inno is asking for problems anyway

not a loophole, just obvious
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Yeah so if you throw an incend as an inno you are responsible for it. Its no different from an inno planting a c4. Now that just means you report the person who threw the incend not thrown it with the magneto and they will get slain.
(03-13-2024, 08:26 PM)Nah, I'd Cum. Wrote: yes

if you try to throw one anywhere, anything can cause it to bounce back, or it can be tossed back, this is the risk you run with throwing incends, most of the time throwing one as an inno is asking for problems anyway

But it wasn't intended for me or thrown in a way that would really hurt anyone until it was thrown with the magneto stick. How is that fair that the other person gets blamed?

(03-13-2024, 08:27 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Yeah so if you throw an incend as an inno you are responsible for it. Its no different from an inno planting a c4. Now that just means you report the person who threw the incend not thrown it with the magneto and they will get slain.
I only report someone if they 100% intended to rdm me and have no remorse. This guy can throw insults at me and use an incend someone else threw to kill me and it shows he intended to do that shit. It just doesnt feel right.

yk I agree they should be responsible UNLESS it was interfered with by someone else.
(03-13-2024, 08:29 PM)Oreos™ Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 08:26 PM)Nah, I'd Cum. Wrote: yes

But it wasn't intended for me or thrown in a way that would really hurt anyone until it was thrown with the magneto stick. How is that fair that the other person gets blamed?
if someone cant get away from one, their only recourse is throwing it, why blame that person for saving themselves? 

if you throw an incend, you run the risk of it going not where you intend and killing people you dont intend, thats how objects with their own physics work, if you dont want someone to be blamed, dont report them

-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-13-2024, 08:32 PM)Nah, I'd Cum. Wrote: Oreos™

if someone cant get away from one, their only recourse is throwing it, why blame that person for saving themselves? 

if you throw an incend, you run the risk of it going not where you intend and killing people you dont intend, thats how objects with their own physics work, if you dont want someone to be blamed, dont report them
From what I was told they couldve easily avoided it and went out of their way. It feels like either trying to get someone slain or just plain rdm without any blame whatsoever. I get that it can go where you don't intend it but what happens when someone else intends for it to go somewhere? Why does the blame shift to you?
Player A threw the incend, and like what most people do, player B throws it away from themselves to avoid dying. That unfortunately went in your direction and killed you. I told you two separate times to report Player A for this because it was their fault and I would have slain them for you easily. 

You eventually hold an incend and it kills you and Player B like 1-2 rounds after the initial report you made on him. I slayed you for revenge rdm because to me, with the previous report in mind, made the most sense. He called you stupid or something and you kept going on in chat and I told you to chill out and just try to enjoy the game, you said something else and then I changed it to "you need to leave each other alone and vibe."

People throwing holy hand grenades or any explosive in general away from them is very common. To me this was just a mix up even after I tried clarifying.
(03-13-2024, 08:45 PM)dong Wrote: Player A threw the incend, and like what most people do, player B throws it away from themselves to avoid dying. That unfortunately went in your direction and killed you. I told you two separate times to report Player A for this because it was their fault and I would have slain them for you easily. 

You eventually hold an incend and it kills you and Player B like 1-2 rounds after the initial report you made on him. I slayed you for revenge rdm because to me, with the previous report in mind, made the most sense. He called you stupid or something and you kept going on in chat and I told you to chill out and just try to enjoy the game, you said something else and then I changed it to "you need to leave each other alone and vibe."

People throwing holy hand grenades or any explosive in general away from them is very common. To me this was just a mix up even after I tried clarifying.
From what they were both saying though the guy couldve easily avoided it. And I dont hold grudges but the guy started becoming extremely hostile as if he did it on purpose. Even if this isnt the case for this specific incident I still think purposeful redirection of a grenade should be slayable.
(03-13-2024, 08:50 PM)Oreos™ Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 08:45 PM)dong Wrote: Player A threw the incend, and like what most people do, player B throws it away from themselves to avoid dying. That unfortunately went in your direction and killed you. I told you two separate times to report Player A for this because it was their fault and I would have slain them for you easily. 

From what they were both saying though the guy couldve easily avoided it. And I dont hold grudges but the guy started becoming extremely hostile as if he did it on purpose. Even if this isnt the case for this specific incident I still think purposeful redirection of a grenade should be slayable.
if the 'purposeful redirection' becomes slayable then youre just saying people can't take an action to save themselves where theyd probably die/take a good chunk of damage, which is silly

-courtesy of milk(2)