Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_floodlights patch
Map patching the ability to not turn off the lights on floodlights takes away a core mechanic of the map. Being a T and causing chaos by keep turning off the lights is a feature that map has and anyone being able to turn it back one with just a simple interaction makes it pretty balanced. 

I know the lights can be turned off currently with an explosion but then they are off the whole round which I find to be worse then someone turning the off till someone heads down and turns them back on.

I think the best solution would be making it KOS/Killable to spam the lights since then it would be minging or something else.

also you cant get into the elevators anymore on stadium and I feel like this is also a dumbass map patch
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
dark maps suck ass + it's going to give someone a seizure
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(03-20-2024, 10:36 PM)YourMateMurph Wrote: Map patching the ability to not turn off the lights on floodlights takes away a core mechanic of the map. Being a T and causing chaos by keep turning off the lights is a feature that map has and anyone being able to turn it back one with just a simple interaction makes it pretty balanced. 

I know the lights can be turned off currently with an explosion but then they are off the whole round which I find to be worse then someone turning the off till someone heads down and turns them back on.

I think the best solution would be making it KOS/Killable to spam the lights since then it would be minging or something else.

also you cant get into the elevators anymore on stadium and I feel like this is also a dumbass map patch

Regarding Stadium, that map patch has existed since before I joined in 2022.  Its because you can get out of the map by exploiting them.  I may look into a better map patch next time I am on, on that map.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
those lights can't be flashed fast enough for it to cause a seizure, I've flashed them before and you can't break more then 1 a second https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/sheddin...r%20second.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

what in the god damn

imo just verbal warn and warn for trolling if they keep doing it. no need to remove it
Also bring back the ability for the merry go round to spin on richland, it was a fun part of the map that got removed for no reason.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

what in the god damn

(03-20-2024, 11:23 PM)YourMateMurph Wrote: Also bring back the ability for the merry go round to spin on richland, it was a fun part of the map that got removed for no reason.

Unless it crashes the map I see no reason for why this was removed.
(03-20-2024, 11:43 PM)Battons Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:23 PM)YourMateMurph Wrote: Also bring back the ability for the merry go round to spin on richland, it was a fun part of the map that got removed for no reason.

Unless it crashes the map I see no reason for why this was removed.

Would have to ask Dero why he removed it when he fixed the crashes.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
I think no warns for map mechanic usage, and no map patches either. We used to just ask permission to kill people who spammed doors and horns and then it stopped smh

I'd be on board for it being officially kosable instead, more small things to warn for bad

Also 90% sure the merry go round thing was an accident lol
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-20-2024, 10:59 PM)chibill Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 10:36 PM)YourMateMurph Wrote: Map patching the ability to not turn off the lights on floodlights takes away a core mechanic of the map. Being a T and causing chaos by keep turning off the lights is a feature that map has and anyone being able to turn it back one with just a simple interaction makes it pretty balanced. 

Regarding Stadium, that map patch has existed since before I joined in 2022.  Its because you can get out of the map by exploiting them.  I may look into a better map patch next time I am on, on that map.

For stadium just put a death layer inside, exploiting fixed ez.

For lights I don't understand why lights are map patched. Turning off lights are sus/KOS in OT if memory serves.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks