caribou unban
I also hope to appeal the warn I received with this post.

Ingame Name:  caribou

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:54233698

Who Banned You: (DEMON) Skullfire

Reason For Ban: Warn threshold

Length of Ban: 1 Week

CONTEXT:

The first time (DEMON)Skullfire and I played post-unban was a few days ago on innomotel. I was in the locker room in the basement and caddy was at the door. I open the door after caddy gets shot and kill (DEMON)Skullfire. He then reports me because I did not see him do it. I ridicule the report, and (DEMON)Skullfire's reply to my remarks was: "It's okay caribou, I still love you".

Disgusted, I tell (DEMON)Skullfire to never say that to me again, he proceeds to send me a friend request. I announce to the server that I received a friend request and promptly DECLINE and BLOCK (DEMON)Skullfire. I then reinstate how serious I am about (DEMON)Skullfire being weird and to leave me alone. Prior to this interaction, before my ban was issued in 2022. (DEMON)Skullfire and I were never friends, I have and always will call them weird. (Before I even knew of how he interacts with other people in the community)

[Image: 4bVBvnN.png]

My "Harassment":

One night I joined ttt on buttclown_redux, I was tabbing in and out on the roof and barely hear the server conversing about food. Two things I heard were "fat person meal" and "40 Chicken McNuggets®" and 2 McDoubles®". I then go:
                                                                               [Image: 1174107980883578920.webp?size=96&quality=lossless] 

Ever since that day, (DEMON)Skullfire, for some reason decided to become the only fat person in the world?? and managed to twist my jokes into personal attacks. Calling it harassment is an extremely massive reach. I did not single (DEMON)Skullfire out, nor any other player. (DEMON)Skullfire recorded each time I mention weight, even when the jokes did not mention anyone. 
[Image: image.png?ex=661c46ab&is=6609d1ab&hm=129...1398e5b92&]

There has been a trend lately where staff only type !motd when they get spiteful. Staff only perform above and beyond whenever it's someone they deem a "problem player".

(DEMON)Skullfire. Not only did you engage in overly sexual gross conversation on the server, you even LIE about it. Yet staff by the book when your feelings are at stake.

[Image: image.png?ex=661b6025&is=6608eb25&hm=f62...93e5b6651&]

WARNING: a lot of "dick stuff"

I've been tired of the misogyny and gross players constantly saying weird things about women, I'm uncomfortable with it, and the players who take part in it. I do not want to interact with any of the weird players and fat misogynists on the server.

(DEMON)Skullfire, you never had and never will have a chance at admin, you bought your staff powers back when you could. Tiefling got it because she's a better staff member and probably person than you can ever hope to be, not because she's a woman.

MY DEMANDS:
  • Free me, and remove the warn.
  • (DEMON)Skullfire stands trial in front of a jury of Regulars. Or just any form of punishment.
+1 unban, there isn't enough evidence to support this warning. also, what the fuck is this video, skullfire? that's disgusting behavior.
In an effort to not leak staff chat, this is *not* just about the skullfire, there are other players that felt like this is an issue with Caribou so I think this is more of a blanket warn for general behavior.

I'm not gonna defend what was said in propers video, but i encourage a different thread if that's the case to keep this one on topic of the appeal :)
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+1, what was said was not weighted toward one person.
I made a joke about the weight limit of the eclipse space station as well as one about me weighing some insane amount, and witnessed a good few fat jokes that had pointed in nobody's direction. Lift this ban +1.

(03-31-2024, 05:27 PM)Foxka Wrote: In an effort to not leak staff chat, this is *not* just about the skullfire, there are other players that felt like this is an issue with Caribou so I think this is more of a blanket warn for general behavior.

I'm not gonna defend what was said in propers video, but i encourage a different thread if that's the case to keep this one on topic of the appeal :)
If there was a blanket issue what made skullfire so qualified to handle it? I expect to see these other players post evidence supporting a widespread harassment case by caribou if this is true. Otherwise, seems like hearsay and defamation over an undeserved ban.
[Image: fact_checked-1.gif]
yada yada rewatch value or whatever. not much to say about caribous ban appeal, but can confirm skullfire has a tendency to slap certain warns but allow other things to bypass, should be something thats heavily looked into or whateva
With heavy consideration of the large evidence posted in OP, I must say that there is no weight to the harassment warn that Caribou received and that it should be revoked, with an unban. Some of you need to really lighten up! Elevator jokes about weight are a classic. No need to have a cow.
A few things.

What Foxka, said, just categorically untrue, this is entirely about Skullfire, not a blanket thing, it's only being judged off evidence provided about their interactions. There were talks of other people, but aside from concerns being expressed, no actual evidence came up.

The video is entirely damning and has zero rewatch value. That the people online not comfortable with the conversation don't even feel comfortable approaching the mod that's online about it because they are engaging with it just can't happen, plain and simple.

But, that belongs on its own post, it shouldn't be being used as a reason to punish him and exonerate caribou.

The only real issues with all sides on this is there isn't really enough outright evidence, just circumstantial evidence and some he says/she says. I do believe caribou is almost definitely bringing things up in regards to skullfire, but if he says he's not, until there's more evidence, that's that. The right way to go about this would have been to tell caribiou that people are becoming uncomfortable with his talk of fat people (this shouldn't be happening anyway but that's a whole other thing since it's not clearly defined, it's a weird thing to harp on about), and then hit him with trolling/flaming if he continues to talk about them in a derogatory manner. Before the warn, if there's any deliberate skirting of the rules after that verbal, hit him with another before applying the big warn, to describe how he's skirting the rules and whatnot, and to stop giving him room to. Then it's all airtight.

+1 for unban and warn struck for now, just thin ice as always, though please chill. There are actually multiple people not wanting to get on right now when you're online because it's just too much. You act the same way you have in the past/have been banned for and it's actively making people not want to play, which isn't okay.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
+1 for the unban. I don’t think the jokes were targeted towards skullfire or anyone for that matter. Also pretty disgusting behavior on skullfire’s part. He should know better
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
I will just go and say this. I said I was AFK because MOST of that time I was. If you notice I do not start joking around with them till way later in the video. Once I die or even when I am alive I am listening to music and doing whatever. Once @murl hit me up and said someone was uncomfortable I spoke to the guy and told him we needa drop the convo because it is making someone on the server uncomfortable. To say I was "in on it the whole time" which is what I am gathering from this is an untrue statement. To be honest i have seen worse conversations with other people on and nobody say a thing. I am just astounded you turn a harassment ban into this. On top of that you got banned for harassment and then harass me even more with the comments you made saying that I am a shitty personal basically. You have no idea who I really am and if the small part of that conversation I took place in makes you think I am a horrible human then you need to take a break from the internet cause there is WAY worse. Out of everyone I feel I try to keep the community safe as much as I can. I can't even make a joke without people recording it and trying to get me in trouble. Have you seen what other staff members have said? You and proper are obviously trying to turn this into I am the issue. Always the same clique bullshit and this is what I can't stand about being on this server. I love most of the community but this is crazy I can't make a few jokes and when I actually play without thinking about everything I say being turned into an issue. Honestly, you are a shitty person. I am tired of holding back. You have harassed others and myself and always try to deflect anything wrong with you in order to make others look bad. I haven't done anything to you EVER. You have been an asshole since you have came back, nobody else will say it but I don't give a fuck. You haven't changed since your original ban. I tried to be friendly and everyone who knows me knows I am one of the most chillest people on the server. I try to make friends with everyone. You have had an issue with me since the beginning. I just want to make one last point clear. The video proper shows does nothing to say caribou isn't guilty of harassment and as I said all it does it prove he is trying to deflect what he does to make me seem like that bad guy. For your information I asked MULTIPLE other staff members before issuing your warn and ban and they all agreed some punishment was needed. Lastly, we were all joking around until the Pedo stuff happened. It is not like it was early during the day where children were on. We were all adults and were chilling but again once murl messaged me I most definitely turned the conversation down and messaged people privately. I want to stress the fact that I immediately took action once murl messaged me. You wouldn't know that because you can't see what I am typing but I shut the conversation off very fast once he said someone was uncomfortable. The only reason I even messaged you was cause I was basically AFK for the first half and wanted to see if you had anymore information on the conversation. I know most of you don't like me cause I don't give a fuck about what I say or who I hang around with and treat everyone the same. I am sorry I am not bias like many of you and don't make friends just to have the upper hand on the server. Harassment is a very serious issue that should be taken seriously no matter who is being harassed or who the harasser may be. Obviously, cause I was the one getting harassed along with others I will not name this is not an issue but if it was someone you all liked it would be a big problem right? I am done with my rant and really starting to become done with this "community". I enjoy playing with a lot of people here but the people who are toxic really ruin it for me.