caribou unban
(03-31-2024, 06:27 PM)proper Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:25 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I will just go and say this. I said I was AFK because MOST of that time I was. If you notice I do not start joking around with them till way later in the video. Once I die or even when I am alive I am listening to music and doing whatever.

I also have a clip of me going through rounds 1-4 in the logs and watching death scenes to show that you were NOT AFK the entire time you were alive. Just a heads up!

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe you just make me uncomfortable and I am genuinely concerned by your conduct? No? Just clique stuff? Got it

Then show them cause like I said in my post I have music BLASTING most of the time. I could care less about your clips cause you do not know what I am doing on my screen. I barely listen to in-game chats when I am alive unless there is an issue I need to attend to. Once I die I am normally not even at my PC as I go off to do other things either on my PC or IRL.
The amount of info on skullfire is detracting this into an abuse thread, if there is enough evidence for the warning can that be supplemented here by other staff at all?
It's clear that Skullfire wanted to take the matters into his own hands before consulting the rest of the staff team.
I feel like you shouldn't be able to make warns which you are the victim of "harassment" of if there are other staff which can handle it.

Also, should you really be a moderator if you are "normally not even at your PC" while playing? You clearly don't like interacting with the community, so it feels to me like you are being a moderator out of spite to people who wrong you rather than trying to support the community.
Just to be clear, he got direct permission from an admin, and multiple staff agreed.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-31-2024, 06:25 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I will just go and say this. I said I was AFK because MOST of that time I was. If you notice I do not start joking around with them till way later in the video. Once I die or even when I am alive I am listening to music and doing whatever. Once @murl hit me up and said someone was uncomfortable I spoke to the guy and told him we needa drop the convo because it is making someone on the server uncomfortable. To say I was "in on it the whole time" which is what I am gathering from this is an untrue statement. To be honest i have seen worse conversations with other people on and nobody say a thing. I am just astounded you turn a harassment ban into this. On top of that you got banned for harassment and then harass me even more with the comments you made saying that I am a shitty personal basically. You have no idea who I really am and if the small part of that conversation I took place in makes you think I am a horrible human then you need to take a break from the internet cause there is WAY worse. Out of everyone I feel I try to keep the community safe as much as I can. I can't even make a joke without people recording it and trying to get me in trouble. Have you seen what other staff members have said? You and proper are obviously trying to turn this into I am the issue. Always the same clique bullshit and this is what I can't stand about being on this server. I love most of the community but this is crazy I can't make a few jokes and when I actually play without thinking about everything I say being turned into an issue. Honestly, you are a shitty person. I am tired of holding back. You have harassed others and myself and always try to deflect anything wrong with you in order to make others look bad. I haven't done anything to you EVER. You have been an asshole since you have came back, nobody else will say it but I don't give a fuck. You haven't changed since your original ban. I tried to be friendly and everyone who knows me knows I am one of the most chillest people on the server. I try to make friends with everyone. You have had an issue with me since the beginning. I just want to make one last point clear. The video proper shows does nothing to say caribou isn't guilty of harassment and as I said all it does it prove he is trying to deflect what he does to make me seem like that bad guy. For your information I asked MULTIPLE other staff members before issuing your warn and ban and they all agreed some punishment was needed. Lastly, we were all joking around until the Pedo stuff happened. It is not like it was early during the day where children were on. We were all adults and were chilling but again once murl messaged me I most definitely turned the conversation down and messaged people privately. I want to stress the fact that I immediately took action once murl messaged me. You wouldn't know that because you can't see what I am typing but I shut the conversation off very fast once he said someone was uncomfortable. The only reason I even messaged you was cause I was basically AFK for the first half and wanted to see if you had anymore information on the conversation. I know most of you don't like me cause I don't give a fuck about what I say or who I hang around with and treat everyone the same. I am sorry I am not bias like many of you and don't make friends just to have the upper hand on the server. Harassment is a very serious issue that should be taken seriously no matter who is being harassed or who the harasser may be. Obviously, cause I was the one getting harassed along with others I will not name this is not an issue but if it was someone you all liked it would be a big problem right? I am done with my rant and really starting to become done with this "community". I enjoy playing with a lot of people here but the people who are toxic really ruin it for me.
+1, adding to the conversation part, there have indeed been worse topics of discussion on the server without someone batting an eye or pulling up a thread, from what can be gathered from the video this whole thing happened on vc where someone could either request a mute or tell people they dont feel comfortable with whats being said (adding to the fact that people were talking about dicks in a server thats supossed to be child friendly in some ways, which jokes are okay? which aren´t? whose to say that ?). In regards of the harrasment part there have been other instances where it has been pretty obvious and it was brushed off as nothing or "didnt meant to" "was referring to other stuff" and other plethora of excuses used to brush off these situations as if they were nothing just because the people involved are "important" ( even when there was plenty of evidence ), so what kind of rule are we using to measure people´s wrong doings ? do people get a different treatment if they are a certain type of person/rank ?
I'm just gonna address the ban related stuff since this is posted in appeals. I was on for what happened on buttclown and I think you're underplaying how bad your comments were. People were discussing McDonalds orders and what not, then you just start roasting people pretty aggressively out of nowhere. It dies down a bit, then after about a map or two you make more comments about Skullfire because he reported you for RDM. That's about the extent of what I personally witnessed. Apparently the harassment continued the next day, but I won't speak on that since I didn't witness it. Overall I'm at a -1 just from what I personally witnessed.
[Image: FZxEbKr.gif]
Not related to TTT but Caribou did make the conscious decision to insinuate I was a predator on discord and I left because of that. I really doubt he has changed even if this evidence is not great. +/-0 or whatever.
(03-31-2024, 06:36 PM)Nelluc9 Wrote: It's clear that Skullfire wanted to take the matters into his own hands before consulting the rest of the staff team.
I feel like you shouldn't be able to make warns which you are the victim of "harassment" of if there are other staff which can handle it.

Also, should you really be a moderator if you are "normally not even at your PC" while playing? You clearly don't like interacting with the community, so it feels to me like you are being a moderator out of spite to people who wrong you rather than trying to support the community.

And what proof do you have of this? I am not completely fond of Caribou so instead of issuing a warn and being bias I confronted MULTIPLE staff members about the issue and asked for a course of action. I was given ADMIN permission to issue the warn. Also, to add to your point about me being a Mod to spite people when have I ever abused my power and done something bias? You will not be able to give me an instance because I am not that type of person and whenever I am dealing with someone that I may have some bias towards I normally get others input or let another staff member handle it. For you to say I shouldn't be a Mod because I am trying to spite people sounds ridiculous because I have never given anyone a reason to believe that is why I wanted Mod. Lastly, do you sit at your PC the whole time your on Dinks? Sorry I have other things to do something, even if I do leave my desk while playing I interact a lot with the community. Being staff at Dinks is not a job and I do not get paid. I give my time away for free for the benefit of the server.
+1 for unban/warn removal, I truthfully do not think there is enough evidence to substantiate a harassment warning (yes, I saw it). Even if a warning was warranted, I think harassment is also wildly stretching it based on assumptions that it was targeted at Skullfire. The harassment warning requirements say specifically singling someone out and aggressively intimidating or bothering the person... I did not see either of these things to that extent. If anything, it should've been a trolling/flaming warning if a warning was going to be issued in my opinion if it continued. It seems to me that Caribou's comments were generalized and not targeted at anyone from what I see so I do not believe a warning was necessary. I was not on so there may be context I am missing, but the sentiment of the comments seems very generalized to me. I think Rand laid out a more appropriate process very well.

But for the video, very disappointing to see that from Skullfire. That whole conversation is extremely uncomfortable and pretty damning to participate in it and passively allowing it to continue for that long.
(03-31-2024, 06:25 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: To be honest i have seen worse conversations with other people on and nobody say a thing... snip blah blah... I can't even make a joke without people recording it and trying to get me in trouble. 

Imo, I don't think this erases the issue of the conversation being extremely inappropriate and uncomfortable. Listening to people talking about dicks and having dick-measuring contests for an absurd amount of time is just wild. If there are "worse conversations" that happened, then I think there is also an issue of selectively enforcing what constitutes a "worse" conversation. It does not matter if no one else said anything, inappropriateness is inappropriateness. Respectfully, I think saying "I can't even make a joke without people recording it and trying to get me in trouble" is a remarkable double standard here. 
(03-31-2024, 06:29 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:25 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I will just go and say this. I said I was AFK because MOST of that time I was. If you notice I do not start joking around with them till way later in the video. Once I die or even when I am alive I am listening to music and doing whatever

I also have a clip of me going through rounds 1-4 in the logs and watching death scenes to show that you were NOT AFK the entire time you were alive. Just a heads up!

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe you just make me uncomfortable and I am genuinely concerned by your conduct? No? Just clique stuff? Got it

Then show them cause like I said in my post I have music BLASTING most of the time. I could care less about your clips cause you do not know what I am doing on my screen. I barely listen to in-game chats when I am alive unless there is an issue I need to attend to. Once I die I am normally not even at my PC as I go off to do other things either on my PC or IRL.
I watched the entire video and I saw you talking at several points in the video throughout. Honestly, I think you dropped the ball here with this incident. This last part to me is a bit problematic for a Moderator. It hinders your ability to have situational awareness, which honestly seems like part of the issue here on your end. You only became "aware" when it was brought to you way later. If you selectively listen to in-game chats when you are alive, how will you know there is issue? There's a good chance you could miss it.

But that isn't as important as what you said next, which is honestly baffling to me. "Once I die I am normally not even at my PC." What if you're the only staff on? A lot of lower staff look to Moderators to handle situations as well and if you are not present without saying anything, they likely won't act either because they expect you (the Moderator) to act. I don't like that mindset from lower staff members since I think they are more than capable of handling it themselves, but this mindset exists. That is very problematic to just not pay attention to the chats. It causes you to either consciously or unconsciously overlook what is said, which can result in selective enforcement - especially if you focus on specific players rather than broader conversations. 

As your friendly Web Admin note, please keep it civil. I don't want to have to close this or a TTT Admin having to close it. Having separate threads is honestly probably better
(03-31-2024, 07:09 PM)Gabe Wrote: +1 for unban/warn removal, I truthfully do not think there is enough evidence to substantiate a harassment warning (yes, I saw it). Even if a warning was warranted, I think harassment is also wildly stretching it based on assumptions that it was targeted at Skullfire. The harassment warning requirements say specifically singling someone out and aggressively intimidating or bothering the person... I did not see either of these things to that extent. If anything, it should've been a trolling/flaming warning if a warning was going to be issued in my opinion if it continued. It seems to me that Caribou's comments were generalized and not targeted at anyone from what I see so I do not believe a warning was necessary. I was not on so there may be context I am missing, but the sentiment of the comments seems very generalized to me. I think Rand laid out a more appropriate process very well.

But for the video, very disappointing to see that from Skullfire. That whole conversation is extremely uncomfortable and pretty damning to participate in it and passively allowing it to continue for that long.

Imo, I don't think this erases the issue of the conversation being extremely inappropriate and uncomfortable. Listening to people talking about dicks and having dick-measuring contests for an absurd amount of time is just wild. If there are "worse conversations" that happened, then I think there is also an issue of selectively enforcing what constitutes a "worse" conversation. It does not matter if no one else said anything, inappropriateness is inappropriateness. Respectfully, I think saying "I can't even make a joke without people recording it and trying to get me in trouble" is a remarkable double standard here. 
(03-31-2024, 06:29 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:25 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I will just go and say this. I said I was AFK because MOST of that time I was. If you notice I do not start joking around with them till way later in the video. Once I die or even when I am alive I am listening to music and doing whatever

I watched the entire video and I saw you talking at several points in the video throughout. Honestly, I think you dropped the ball here with this incident. This last part to me is a bit problematic for a Moderator. It hinders your ability to have situational awareness, which honestly seems like part of the issue here on your end. You only became "aware" when it was brought to you way later. If you selectively listen to in-game chats when you are alive, how will you know there is issue? There's a good chance you could miss it.

But that isn't as important as what you said next, which is honestly baffling to me. "Once I die I am normally not even at my PC." What if you're the only staff on? A lot of lower staff look to Moderators to handle situations as well and if you are not present without saying anything, they likely won't act either because they expect you (the Moderator) to act. I don't like that mindset from lower staff members since I think they are more than capable of handling it themselves, but this mindset exists. That is very problematic to just not pay attention to the chats. It causes you to either consciously or unconsciously overlook what is said, which can result in selective enforcement - especially if you focus on specific players rather than broader conversations. 

As your friendly Web Admin note, please keep it civil. I don't want to have to close this or a TTT Admin having to close it. Having separate threads is honestly probably better

I shouldn't be expected to have to sit at my PC 24/7. Sorry sometimes I step away or am just scrolling the internet. Also, I normally ALWAYS let staff team know when I am away from my PC. Whenever I am the only staff on I have always handled everything that was brought to me or that I saw while I was on. Trying to say I need to be at my PC 24/7 on a virtual game where I am not getting paid but help because I want the community to be better than ever is crazy to me. You think all staff sit and stare at the screen all day when they are on?