caribou unban
(03-31-2024, 06:37 PM)bunniey Wrote: Just to be clear, he got direct permission from an admin, and multiple staff agreed.

unless i'm misunderstanding what i'm reading, it looks like skullfire only received admin permission to issue a warn for trolling/flaming, not for harassment.
(03-31-2024, 07:17 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I shouldn't be expected to have to sit at my PC 24/7. Sorry sometimes I step away or am just scrolling the internet. Also, I normally ALWAYS let staff team know when I am away from my PC. Whenever I am the only staff on I have always handled everything that was brought to me or that I saw while I was on. Trying to say I need to be at my PC 24/7 on a virtual game where I am not getting paid but help because I want the community to be better than ever is crazy to me. You think all staff sit and stare at the screen all day when they are on?
That's not the point I was trying to make and never said you have to be at your PC 24/7. Not sure where I said that. You made it sound like you did that every round so I was saying it significantly decreases an ability to be situationally aware of what's happening or follow along with what's happening. Of course, not all staff sit and stare at their screen all day, that would be a wild expectation, which is why it is not one. But if you want to die on this hill with whatever this counter-argument is feel free lol
(03-31-2024, 07:19 PM)reina Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:37 PM)bunniey Wrote: Just to be clear, he got direct permission from an admin, and multiple staff agreed.

unless i'm misunderstanding what i'm reading, it looks like skullfire only received admin permission to issue a warn for trolling/flaming, not for harassment.

Going to chime in here, from my understanding, it was less direct permission / saying give either of the warns warn and more of a, yes, this warn is fine but if the situation requires the higher warn go a head and give the warn.

Making it sound like an admin directly said to give this warn instead of a trolling / flaming is showing the admin in bad faith.
(03-31-2024, 07:23 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 07:17 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I shouldn't be expected to have to sit at my PC 24/7. Sorry sometimes I step away or am just scrolling the internet. Also, I normally ALWAYS let staff team know when I am away from my PC. Whenever I am the only staff on I have always handled everything that was brought to me or that I saw while I was on. Trying to say I need to be at my PC 24/7 on a virtual game where I am not getting paid but help because I want the community to be better than ever is crazy to me. You think all staff sit and stare at the screen all day when they are on?
That's not the point I was trying to make and never said you have to be at your PC 24/7. Not sure where I said that. You made it sound like you did that every round so I was saying it significantly decreases an ability to be situationally aware of what's happening or follow along with what's happening. Of course, not all staff sit and stare at their screen all day, that would be a wild expectation, which is why it is not one. But if you want to die on this hill with whatever this counter-argument is feel free lol

The point you are trying to make is my staffing is hindered because I leave me desk or scroll my PC. You have any proof of that? Any time anyone has needed help I always handle it. I feel you saying that my staffing is hindered by not being on my PC once I die is crazy because even if I leave my PC for a minute or two doesn't mean I am not doing my job as staff.
You say that you aren't too fond of caribou, but I was watching him play when you added him on steam out of nowhere some nights ago. You did the same thing with murl. The pattern was you adding them and saying very mushy stuff using in-game pms, even when they didn't reciprocate. In caribou's case you became hostile towards him after he made it clear he wanted you to leave him alone. What gives with this pattern of behavior, and is it really a stretch to say it is related to the ban?
[Image: fact_checked-1.gif]

Want to know something crazy to me? You were so quick to defend Coco when she was getting harassed and were more than willing to see her harasser banned and called out anyone who may have said something against coco (even if it wasn't bad) but since I was the one getting harassed its not an issue. Just want to point that out because it just makes me sad how there is a difference depending on who gets harassed. I am literally getting harassed in caribous unban post and nobody is batting an eye towards the things he has said about me just within this post.

(03-31-2024, 07:32 PM)nico Wrote: You say that you aren't too fond of caribou, but I was watching him play when you added him on steam out of nowhere some nights ago. You did the same thing with murl. The pattern was you adding them and saying very mushy stuff using in-game pms, even when they didn't reciprocate. In caribou's case you became hostile towards him after he made it clear he wanted you to leave him alone. What gives with this pattern of behavior, and is it really a stretch to say it is related to the ban?

What have I ever done to murl? Also, I didn't even refer to caribou after he did all that crazy stuff about disliking me. I just left it alone. What proof you have that I became hostile towards caribou because that is not the truth.
Just a general bit of life advice not necessarily related to this situation. It's okay to take criticism and it's also okay to make counter points in a calm and concise manner. You're doing neither in this appeal, and I promise you it will not help your case. Every time somebody has called you out on this thread and you replied, you give off the impression that you're backed into a corner and trying to fight off a group of attackers. You're also flip-flopping your statements which is only going to lead to more confusion. In one post, you say that you don't pay attention to game chats and listen to music:

Quote:like I said in my post I have music BLASTING most of the time. I could care less about your clips cause you do not know what I am doing on my screen. I barely listen to in-game chats when I am alive unless there is an issue I need to attend to.

And then, when Gabe made a comment about that potentially leading to gaps in your situation awareness and cause you to mishandle issues, you jumped down their throat about not being expected to be at your PC 24/7 and stating that you don't get paid and it's not a job. You're right, it's not a job but it's what you signed up for and being aware of what is going on in the game is part of the role.

A harassment ban issued by the staff member feeling harassed is wild. You're naturally going to be biased against caribou because you're acting on emotion. The better way to handle this would be to present your evidence, statements, witnesses, etc. to someone above you or (if that isn't an immediate option) a neutral third party and allow them to make the decision/offer suggestions.
(03-31-2024, 07:36 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:

Want to know something crazy to me? You were so quick to defend Coco when she was getting harassed and were more than willing to see her harasser banned and called out anyone who may have said something against coco (even if it wasn't bad) but since I was the one getting harassed its not an issue. Just want to point that out because it just makes me sad how there is a difference depending on who gets harassed.

what's crazy to me is how disrespectful you're being to an admin in response to them making an unbiased observation on an appeal for a punishment you issued. you need to conduct yourself more appropriately on this thread.
(03-31-2024, 07:24 PM)chibill Wrote:

Going to chime in here, from my understanding, it was less direct permission / saying give either of the warns warn and more of a, yes, this warn is fine but if the situation requires the higher warn go a head and give the warn.

Making it sound like an admin directly said to give this warn instead of a trolling / flaming is showing the admin in bad faith.

Oh, I must have misunderstood what I read, my bad on that part.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-31-2024, 07:36 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:

Want to know something crazy to me? You were so quick to defend Coco when she was getting harassed and were more than willing to see her harasser banned and called out anyone who may have said something against coco (even if it wasn't bad) but since I was the one getting harassed its not an issue. Just want to point that out because it just makes me sad how there is a difference depending on who gets harassed.
This literally has nothing to do with the topic at hand and sounds like you are trying to deflect whenever someone brings up a mild criticism or observations. (like here). Honestly pretty crazy to me that you would try to equate these two situations and go after Reina for something completely unrelated, it is disrespectful. Also, this is not even what happened... Please keep the thread on topic and do not attack people for making their opinion or observation known. That, arguably, can be considered a form of harassment as well.