Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for stress about internet happenings
Heart 
Hello, this is my guide for how to deal with stress about internet happenings. 

This will apply to those who are directly involved with internet happenings, those having to mediate internet happenings, and those on the sidelines of internet happenings. It is supper important to have healthy coping mechanisms for trying times. Things have been really tense lately and I know some are really struggling with different things. Rather than being at each other's throats, it might be more beneficial to have other activities or things to do to calm us down or bring us back in touch with reality. These might not work for everyone, but I know I have absolutely benefited from these strategies. 

We are all here to enjoy a game, lets remember why we play. 

I really hope that these tips will help. Even if they just help one person, I would say it was a success. 

My tips for stress

1. Count to ten
2. Deep breaths
3. Yoga
4. Touch grass

Thank you.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
It is raining rn I don’t think I can
people arguing about irrelevant garbage on a gmod ttt forum's reaction when I turn off my computer and go do something else:
(i am a well adjusted member of society that does not derive all my social interaction from the internet)
(04-12-2024, 10:58 AM)dong Wrote: It is raining rn I don’t think I can
That is even better
you have to acknowledge that a lot of people in this community spend a considerable amount, if not most of their free time with or around other community members. its unfortunately inevitable that drama will happen, its bound to happen any time you stick more than two people together for any extended period of time. I feel like the sentiment of 'just go touch grass lul' is not only wildly overused and, at this point, unfunny, but also dismissive to the fact that a lot of the people involved in the drama on both sides were only involved because they wanted to stick up for what they believed was right and would make the community a better place. I don't think those people deserve to be grouped in with the 'chronically online' who need to touch grass just because they were trying to do what they thought was best for a community they spend a lot of time, effort, and energy on.

btw I don't mean this to be an attack on you at all misstie. every time after drama happens someone comes out and is like 'lul gmod drama stupid go touch grass' (which believe me I get it some people in this community would benefit from some vitamin D), I just dislike the 'high horse' for lack of a better term that they sit on, seemingly feeling superior to those involved in the drama as if they don't spend just as much time online as everyone else here lol.

basically I just think we should stop making fun of people who just care about the community and want it to be a better place :D
[Image: kirby.gif]
Gets called a predator:
“Go touch grass”
(04-12-2024, 11:43 AM)coco Wrote: you have to acknowledge that a lot of people in this community spend a considerable amount, if not most of their free time with or around other community members. its unfortunately inevitable that drama will happen, its bound to happen any time you stick more than two people together for any extended period of time. I feel like the sentiment of 'just go touch grass lul' is not only wildly overused and, at this point, unfunny, but also dismissive to the fact that a lot of the people involved in the drama on both sides were only involved because they wanted to stick up for what they believed was right and would make the community a better place. I don't think those people deserve to be grouped in with the 'chronically online' who need to touch grass just because they were trying to do what they thought was best for a community they spend a lot of time, effort, and energy on.

btw I don't mean this to be an attack on you at all misstie. every time after drama happens someone comes out and is like 'lul gmod drama stupid go touch grass' (which believe me I get it some people in this community would benefit from some vitamin D), I just dislike the 'high horse' for lack of a better term that they sit on, seemingly feeling superior to those involved in the drama as if they don't spend just as much time online as everyone else here lol.

basically I just think we should stop making fun of people who just care about the community and want it to be a better place :D
I am sorry, I didn't mean to put myself on a high horse there (thank you for the constructive criticism) I was truly just trying to be light hearted but i think a few people misinterpreted. Love you Coco frfr 

This was honestly for everyone even me, I can often find myself delving too deep into internet drama in my own circles.
(04-12-2024, 11:43 AM)coco Wrote: basically I just think we should stop making fun of people who just care about the community and want it to be a better place :D

I wholeheartedly believe everyone wants the community to be a better place, but there’s extreme disagreement on how and an overall lack of people willing to put in the work necessary for that to happen. Not the first time it’s happened here
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
misstie shitpost :yawn:
(04-12-2024, 12:09 PM)Damien Wrote: misstie shitpost :yawn:
Shouldn't you be applying for a staff position somewhere