Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The good things in life
In light of… well, all of that, I felt like a thread based on positivity would be a welcome distraction from all the insanity from the last week or so.

So, in this thread, I’d like everyone to talk about something going on in their lives outside of this community that they’re proud of. Could be literally anything, like graduation, promotions, achievements, etc. Let’s start supporting each other and celebrate the good things in our lives.

For me, I’ve recently overheard that I’ve been in the running for what would be my second Employee of the Month award here at the hotel I work at. There are a couple of other wonderful people who are also in the running who I feel deserve it way more than me, but the fact that I’m even considered is a wonderful feeling and I would be incredibly honored if I was chosen.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I know I've posted this everywhere at this point but I'm so happy my cat is gonna be OK
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Graduation for my MBA and MHA are 8 days away. Ready to be done with school for a bit haha.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I finally got my barista certification and got a great salary increase at work.  Between last year and now I've been able to pay almost all of my debt and I'm happy to say I'm finally going to take my first actual vacation and travel for the first time.

Also I've been hitting the gym a bit and have started a diet for a few months now and already lost over 30lbs.
[Image: unknown.png]
So I do IT work for a company and was largely brought on to work the help desk, but have always been really interested in networking, and recently my boss basically handed me the reins on the entirety of our firewall system over 50 locations. Plus just in general I think people notice me a lot more at work than others for the work that I do/vocalize it more, so that has been making me happy lately too.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Embarrassed I didn't have one for quite some time but I finally managed to find a damn job! I mean it's nothing special, just a butcher position at my local grocery store, but the base pay is honestly way better then the old job I got fired from lol.

Going 9 months without a job definitlely made me feel more miserable, but after I had 3 other job apps declined I kind of gave up and stopped trying for too long and got lazy. But it's just nice to at least feel like things are looking up now, and that I can ACTUALLY afford my rent and utilities (gotta love california)
My birthday is Tuesday which means i have lasted another year
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(04-14-2024, 10:37 AM)NO NAME Wrote: Snip
Ayo let's goooo 

Good luck homie, hope it goes great
[Image: unknown.png]
boutta get my damn college degree
big W
(04-14-2024, 10:36 AM)bunniey Wrote: So I do IT work for a company and was largely brought on to work the help desk, but have always been really interested in networking, and recently my boss basically handed me the reins on the entirety of our firewall system over 50 locations. Plus just in general I think people notice me a lot more at work than others for the work that I do/vocalize it more, so that has been making me happy lately too.

just remember the problem is always dns
My brother got accepted into the military, it's his dream job, I'm gonna miss him alot :(
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]