Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Moments
Rainbow 
I'd like the hear about everyone's recent moments of peace and tranquility. What was your last experience of calm and complete stillness?

My time was last night, as I was falling asleep to the pitter patter of rain around a city. You could hear local plays, gentle cars, and passerby. The tranquility of a stagnant city lulled me to sleep.
My life hit rock bottom a couple months ago, and I lost just about everything important to me. I've been working on rebuilding and just trying to pick the pieces back up. Last night, I went bowling and drinking with my sister and a friend, and it was the first time I've felt "okay" and at peace with things in a long time. It's a bit personal so I won't go into it much, but I was able to take a huge step in the healing and growing process as well. For the first time in a while, I feel hopeful towards the future and that things will actually be okay
(04-27-2024, 03:31 PM)Chris Farley Wrote: My life hit rock bottom a couple months ago, and I lost just about everything important to me. I've been working on rebuilding and just trying to pick the pieces back up. Last night, I went bowling and drinking with my sister and a friend, and it was the first time I've felt "okay" and at peace with things in a long time. It's a bit personal so I won't go into it much, but I was able to take a huge step in the healing and growing process as well. For the first time in a while, I feel hopeful towards the future and that things will actually be okay
I'm glad you can be at peace again. I don't just hope that things will improve, I know they will.
My life hasn't been great, especially as of late. Was engaged for I believe 5 months to the best friend I never expected, and then she and I called it off, more or less her rather than me but that's beside the point. I'd pushed all the friends I had away, and just worked then went home and was miserable.

Now I've healed and forgave most people in my life, besides my deadbeat mother. I've gotten a high paying job with no degree, after 11 years of dedication to my trade, with the chance of moving up more. I have 3 dogs, all of which I love to death. I recently reconnected with the exfiancee to talk about things and get closure. I've made connections that will push me in a better position in life.

I'm trying to reconnect with those I pushed away, but sometimes that isn't possible. That's okay too. This is the first time since I was 7 that I can say I've been okay mentally. Its always fluctuating of course. But more often than not, I'm in peace.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-27-2024, 04:37 PM)NECRO Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 03:31 PM)Chris Farley Wrote: My life hit rock bottom a couple months ago, and I lost just about everything important to me. I've been working on rebuilding and just trying to pick the pieces back up. Last night, I went bowling and drinking with my sister and a friend, and it was the first time I've felt "okay" and at peace with things in a long time. It's a bit personal so I won't go into it much, but I was able to take a huge step in the healing and growing process as well. For the first time in a while, I feel hopeful towards the future and that things will actually be okay
I'm glad you can be at peace again. I don't just hope that things will improve, I know they will.

Much love bro <3
Drove home a couple of nights ago at dusk with the windows down in my old ass '91 Mazda pickup hearing nothing but the wind and the quiet evening. Beautiful farms and family homes all around, It's hay and wheat silage season right now so lots of silage choppers parked in the fields. It really made me feel like how it was a long time ago, when the whole area was like this and the urban rush to the NC piedmont hadn't started yet.
(04-27-2024, 06:09 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: It really made me feel like how it was a long time ago, when the whole area was like this and the urban rush to the NC piedmont hadn't started yet.

I feel this, growing up in Rockingham County. Nothing better than taking US 220 up towards Martinsville.
(04-27-2024, 06:48 PM)Summer Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:09 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: It really made me feel like how it was a long time ago, when the whole area was like this and the urban rush to the NC piedmont hadn't started yet.

I feel this, growing up in Rockingham County. Nothing better than taking US 220 up towards Martinsville.

I take 29 to Danville a couple times a month, simply beautiful
(04-27-2024, 07:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:48 PM)Summer Wrote:

I take 29 to Danville a couple times a month, simply beautiful

I miss NC. There was nothing there, but I loved being there. Just something different you cannot describe. I highly recommend this place if you get the chance to go to in Madison/Mayodan named Tiano's. There's also Bob's Restaurant.
I was in NC in an airport layover. The forest and greenery was beautiful.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fboyki...ipo=images]