Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Moments
[Image: farm.jpg]

Everywhere in NC is simply beautiful, and while it may not be as exciting as other states to some, it has a deep heritage in farming. A lot of families who have been farming in North Carolina have been settled here since before the declaration of independence was written. Today people have recognized its beauty and started running here away from states with higher cost of living. Unfortunately because of this combined with poor development practices (urban sprawl, no incentive for higher density housing) its farmland is some of the most threatened in the country, only beat by Texas. It is forecast by the American Farmland Trust that by 2040 one million acres out of the eight million farmed acres will be lost to development. It makes me sad every day thinking about this, driving on our old roads and seeing farms that have been worked for centuries get sold off and paved over with crappy factory built suburban houses. Adding insult to injury the landscapers who make these suburbs constantly plant invasive garbage instead of a tree that actually grows here.

also kinda derailing the thread sorry LMAO
been tough past couple of weeks, but was dog-sitting the other weekend. took the dog to a lake to swim and we both just kinda took a moment to sit down and look over the lake : )
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I was a huge Drake Maye hater, but after watching him talk I am happy with the New England Patriots picks.
I guess for me recently, it’s been the weather late at night, especially where I have restless nights staying up from caffeine or just having a hard time sleeping. Something about calming and though provoking music at night when everyone is asleep thinking of my future and what I need to do to carve myself into a better person day by day. Whether carving and building my physique, my mental wellness, or my spiritual wellness. I’ve been very grateful to be alive, awake, and healthy every passing morning, even if I go through my own trials and face my own demons. I’m grateful to have such amazing friends I’ve met and even have some of my friends who I can call my brothers or sisters. Even with some days bringing my mental health down, I still try to be optimistic as I can.

[Image: cc4a6bdf1086124114a968bc00a23c06.jpg]
when ur life gets so depressing, you turn 180 in life and you start to appreciate nature so much more.
Lately i have been in a rut at work and trying everyday to look for the positives without bringing negativity home. 
Woke up the other day to two dogs on my porch who didn't belong to me. now they wont leave.
These two have brought delightment into my home. Get a dog, invest in yourself and don't let negativity follow you home
Also read a book. Books are nice
Resigning from Dinks
???????? ??????
[Image: 38032799_10155830151352613_3177086531185...e=66567F43]

Whenever I have a shitty day from driving my truck at night I come back to this picture- I was obviously doing something illegal to snap this but it was worth it for whats in the photo. Mother Nature is beautiful in the chaos of severe weather. This is my peace and reset button. Storm/Nature/Landscape photography.
(04-27-2024, 09:53 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: [Image: farm.jpg]

Everywhere in NC is simply beautiful, and while it may not be as exciting as other states to some, it has a deep heritage in farming. A lot of families who have been farming in North Carolina have been settled here since before the declaration of independence was written. Today people have recognized its beauty and started running here away from states with higher cost of living. Unfortunately because of this combined with poor development practices (urban sprawl, no incentive for higher density housing) its farmland is some of the most threatened in the country, only beat by Texas. It is forecast by the American Farmland Trust that by 2040 one million acres out of the eight million farmed acres will be lost to development. It makes me sad every day thinking about this, driving on our old roads and seeing farms that have been worked for centuries get sold off and paved over with crappy factory built suburban houses. Adding insult to injury the landscapers who make these suburbs constantly plant invasive garbage instead of a tree that actually grows here.

also kinda derailing the thread sorry LMAO
Dude I feel that. Drove through rural parts of central Florida this past weekend, or what were once rural. Went right through an orange grove that's being absolutely plowed for Lennar homes (probably the worst stewards in the homebuilding and development business). Now I normally don't care about this topic but it is quite sad especially when we have dilapidated neighborhoods in prime locations that could be revitalized. But even that idea is ruined where I live where developers tear down old homes and build $2 million ones on top
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
A couple weeks ago, my brother and I went downtown to a park and just walked around for a while. It was really nice.

I don't feel peace very often, so I cherish those moments a lot.

for the life of me I can't get the forum to shrink the photos I wanted to attach so here's an imgur album :'(
https://imgur.com/a/bevCTPw
(04-30-2024, 04:12 PM)alichay Wrote: A couple weeks ago, my brother and I went downtown to a park and just walked around for a while. It was really nice.

I don't feel peace very often, so I cherish those moments a lot.

for the life of me I can't get the forum to shrink the photos I wanted to attach so here's an imgur album :'(
https://imgur.com/a/bevCTPw
Beautiful photos!