Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord App goes brrrrrr
What name do you usually go by on the server? RyanHighman

What is your Discord account username? ryanhighman

What is your Discord ID? (how to find your ID181101080434704384

When did you join the discord? (found under "member since" on your server profile) June 10 2023

Are you 18 years of age or older? Yes

What staff position are you applying for? Discord Helper

Do you have any unexpired discord infractions? If so, please explain why. I dont think so. I had a strike when I first joined because I tried to ping someone a few times when they went afk during a gamenight and didnt realize that was a no-no (edit this isnt unexpired seeing as it was appealed)

Have you received any punishments in any of the GMod servers or forums within the past 12 months? If so, please explain why. April fools went kinda hard. Oh, and I got a slay once on TTT

What made you decide to apply? I got reached out to and asked if I would be interested. I also feel like I can be of aid when people need help. Im usually very responsive to pings and am usually lurking in a few channels, even if Im not directly interacting.

What do you plan to do to help the Discord community? Honestly just being available to help out when needed and to be a level head should issues arise. I usually like to think of myself as pretty fair and easy to approach with issues, but Im probably pretty biased in that assessment so let me know if I'm wrong.

Anything else to add? ooga booga (I honestly dont know what else to put here other than I want to help)

Any criticism or questions are welcome
Ryan would make a great helper. He's been with this community for 4 yrs now. GL Ryan!
What changed your mind to unresign and apply for discord staff in less than 2 weeks? Just curious
(05-06-2024, 05:11 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: What changed your mind to unresign and apply for discord staff in less than 2 weeks? Just curious
I think I should start with my reason for resigning. It was two-fold: I was dog/house sitting for 3 weeks so I couldnt play gmod, and then in the middle of that the reina resignation and subsequent drama happened which kind-of put me off from playing when I came back. I thought I was done with TTT for a bit so I resigned. Even after resigning, tho, I never stopped being a part of the community and I shortly realized that I wanted to stay and continue to help out, and even play TTT. 

In short: Resigning was a mistake. Im applying because someone asked for help which made me realize I could do that in more places than one.

I feel like this should be a place for people to play games and have fun. After all, that's what this community is here for, right? I just want to help it be that.
As a former community admin, and given his strong efforts to see all sides of recent drama, I have complete trust in his judgment and not to give into peer pressure or let any personal opinions stop him from trying to do what is best for the community. +1
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
From what I've seen you'd do fine as a helper - however I share Norm's (assumed) concerned about the fact that you came that close to resigning. I'd suggest more time should pass to confirm that community staffing is something you want to do before taking on a second role.

Plus, discord staffing is as thankless as it gets, while TTT staffing usually makes most folks happy.

I'm a -1 for this run around as you just came back.
Best of luck on your application!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
A while ago I would say no since you unresigned, however, considering I believe you will do a good job at helping out the discord and my interactions with you have been pleasant. I will 1+ this, we could use more discord staff.
+1 Ryan go brr
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Based on current staffing levels I want Kap to have help. My concerns are too minor and I change to a +1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1 resigning is fine coming back is fiiiiiiine and ur good at stuff and things

during resignations we bad multiple adminis and several staff from multiple places step down, tension was hiiiiigh between multiple very active people, its fiiiiiiiiiiiine

if you get a role and resign its not like there's any overhead on training a replacement smh
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)