Ban appeal
 In game name: HardcoreOven

Steam ID: 76561198203873389

Who Banned You: SaylorTwift

Length of Ban: 8 points

Reason for ban: Not sure honestly

Reason for unban: Just here to spread fun, Pretty new to the server so I wasn't trying to piss anyone off but I do troll a bit so idk, I didn't see a reason when I tried to join. I don't mind being banned but I didn't know I broke a rule honestly

Have you been banned before: No
Hey man how's it going. You received a 1-Day ban as a result of a 8-Point severe teaming warn, here is a clip of what went down. You received a T weapon and used it to RDM. When only you and the T were left, you returned the bat and allowed the T to kill you with it. You can view the staff guidelines here and see what constitutes severe teaming if you want some more info
[Image: LqOK9PT.png]
(06-02-2024, 06:21 PM)Saylor Twift Wrote: Hey man how's it going. You received a 1-Day ban as a result of a 8-Point severe teaming warn, here is a clip of what went down. You received a T weapon and used it to RDM. When only you and the T were left, you returned the bat and allowed the T to kill you with it. You can view the staff guidelines here and see what constitutes severe teaming if you want some more info
Absolutely fair then! I see the person wasn't excited about it. I thought the situation was chill but valid. I thought it also said a month ban that's why I was really confused. Thank you for the reply!
Just a day ban wait it out brody
That's a shame. I hope everyone can plainly see your actions aren't malicious, usually very soft handed, and typically only involve people in on the joke. I enjoy your presence on the server and have never found your trolling disruptive...I hesitate to really call it trolling.
Is what it is I suppose. Hope it doesn't dissuade you from playing on the server, just be mindful of how you bend against the rules, and be mindful who your actions could be affecting secondhand. I hope in doing those things you can avoid an unnecessary bad reputation.
Honestly +1 for unban, but keep the points. This was done on low pop with 5 people playing. Its very common for <8 players to be full of people just shitting around and waiting for more people to join.
Definitely a moment to be learned from XD I'll be back for sure, I can understand why an example needs to be made and why it was reported/dealt with. No hate at all towards admins or players on the server!
(06-02-2024, 07:35 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Honestly +1 for unban, but keep the points. This was done on low pop with 5 people playing. Its very common for <8 players to be full of people just shitting around and waiting for more people to join.

Personally I don't really see why it being low pop matters. If players are going around rule breaking (not referring to this specific case, just rule breaking in general) why would the targets of the rule breakers want to stick around and wait for the population to build up? I feel like some would just leave, making it harder to build up pop. Sure, rdming your friends and stuff is fine if they are okay with it but you shouldn't involve random people
[Image: LqOK9PT.png]
(06-02-2024, 07:54 PM)Saylor Twift Wrote: Personally I don't really see why it being low pop matters. If players are going around rule breaking (not referring to this specific case, just rule breaking in general) why would the targets of the rule breakers want to stick around and wait for the population to build up? I feel like some would just leave, making it harder to build up pop. Sure, rdming your friends and stuff is fine if they are okay with it but you shouldn't involve random people

The only reason I think pop matters is because of the reason that we have rules: to minimize the impact of bad faith actors. Since the length of 5 person rounds is usually <2 minutes, the impact of a single kill and teaming is relatively minute. Then intent comes into question. If someone is malicious on a 5 player server, yeah I think they should be punished and removed so they arent a problem later, but that's not really the case here, either.

That's just my opinion on it, tho. The counter-argument of "a rule is a rule" is just as valid.

Edit: I am not saying that the ban shouldn't have happened. The ban was good. Just that we could show some leniency with the appeal.
I can say for a fact that the short time I played that teaming had happened and it was all in good faith. If all persons had fun, then why punish for it? Yes, pop matters and if this caused a problem time/gameplay wise then it'd be different story.

As far as I can tell this didn't cause an impact and it was dudes being dudes. This ban has expired but I believe some sort of standard dictated in the future to help eliminate any sort of fun having that will cause any ill will towards anyone.

Everyone should have fun, and having fun with people shouldn't be punished if everyone is laughing. Once someone raises a flag, give a warning point saying "teaming was brought up and we cannot do this any longer". Something along those lines.
[Image: b_560x95.png]