Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unresigning and what the Status Quo could be
Considering how many unresignations have happened over the course of dinklehistory, I figured it wasn't a terrible idea to make a thread to air out my thoughts on it without cluttering unresignation apps.

I think in a perfect world, we could allow people to unresign to a lower rank than what they were. If you were tmod, you go down to trusted, if you were mod you go to tmod, e.t.c.
I feel like this is the most fair way to go about it, especially if for mods coming back as tmods we gave them a grace period of 1-2 months where if they're active enough with no real issues in the community we could allow them to be promoted back to moderators. Admins should have to stick at mod for a longer time if they resign and unresign and also want to be admin again.

Again, any suggestion or discussion about the community there's gonna be an argument for the solutions being too much for dinkleberg to actually get on and do something about it but who gives a shit. Admins have normally just given him steamids to promote staff anyways so his level of involvement isn't even needed that much regarding staff apps now, it wouldn't differ much if some precedent was set.
(06-10-2024, 01:24 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: Considering how many unresignations have happened over the course of dinklehistory, I figured it wasn't a terrible idea to make a thread to air out my thoughts on it without cluttering unresignation apps.

I think in a perfect world, we could allow people to unresign to a lower rank than what they were. If you were tmod, you go down to trusted, if you were mod you go to tmod, e.t.c.
I feel like this is the most fair way to go about it, especially if for mods coming back as tmods we gave them a grace period of 1-2 months where if they're active enough with no real issues in the community we could allow them to be promoted back to moderators. Admins should have to stick at mod for a longer time if they resign and unresign and also want to be admin again.

Again, any suggestion or discussion about the community there's gonna be an argument for the solutions being too much for dinkleberg to actually get on and do something about it but who gives a shit. Admins have normally just given him steamids to promote staff anyways so his level of involvement isn't even needed that much regarding staff apps now, it wouldn't differ much if some precedent was set.
an actually based take. W
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
For all ranks: a grace period of 7 days to unresign at their current rank with a direct appeal to admins (no app needed)

For tmod+: a grace period of 2 months to unresign at a rank 1 step down from previously held rank (application must be made on the forums)

Anything beyond that should be treated as a fresh start and the application process should be started at trusted/tmod.

In all cases, the final say and deliberation should be held by the admin team. Nothing should be automatic and they should keep the right to accept/deny these things based on behaviour during the resignation/as a staff member.

Edit: I also like the idea of admins being allowed to set custom waiting periods for staff that come back at a lower rank to apply for promotion (i.e. a mod coming back as a tmod and being allowed to apply for mod again after a month).
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
100% agree with implementing rules along those lines. With no unresign rules that i know of, i stand by what i said on pandas app that short resigns dont really matter. With a ruleset like this in place up front, so that staff already Know when they come back they'll be at a lower spot, i can absolutely agree with setting them back down no matter the time gone.

there should also be something to outline the difference between an inactivity spike / break and a resign. Whats to stop a staff from taking a 3 month 'break' instead and getting around the suggested rule? maybe a guideline of, "breaks over x amount of time will be considered resignations in the interest of upholding resignation rules" or some such.
<3 :3
I like both Damien and Ryan’s takes here. People come and go, get stressed from drama, clear their heads, regret decisions, what have you. And I think chances to prove oneself again are a good thing. The only stipulation I would say, kinda obvious and implied, but good to state explicitly, is if they resigned with a possible demotion pending. That would be case-by-case but if eligible to apply again then that should be grounds to restart at Trusted as well.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(06-10-2024, 01:54 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: The only stipulation I would say, kinda obvious and implied, but good to state explicitly, is if they resigned with a possible demotion pending. That would be case-by-case but if eligible to apply again then that should be grounds to restart at Trusted as well.

I think this is where the “admins get final say” bit comes in. Nothing should be automatic and the circumstances of the situation can always be taken into account
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(06-10-2024, 01:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: For all ranks: a grace period of 7 days to unresign at their current rank with a direct appeal to admins (no app needed)

For tmod+: a grace period of 2 months to unresign at a rank 1 step down from previously held rank (application must be made on the forums)

Anything beyond that should be treated as a fresh start and the application process should be started at trusted/tmod.

In all cases, the final say and deliberation should be held by the admin team. Nothing should be automatic and they should keep the right to accept/deny these things based on behaviour during the resignation/as a staff member.

Edit: I also like the idea of admins being allowed to set custom waiting periods for staff that come back at a lower rank to apply for promotion (i.e. a mod coming back as a tmod and being allowed to apply for mod again after a month).
This seems fine. At the end of the day its just giving a process for resigned staff members and nothing reallllly changes on the admin side since there will always be some exceptions. 

Personally, I think going up every rank should have an application outside of your idea of a 7 day grace period which I am fine with. 

Edit: I think the period for tmod+ should be longer 3 or 4 months instead of 2.

I am still am confused why people resign outside of admins. There is not really a demand for your vote as a trusted to mod, and many if not most of the people who resign I would want to comeback if they want to play again in 6 months or whenever RDM rules and not being an ass really doesn't change that much over time. 

Well the other reason people resign is "in protest", and I am not sure how I feel about unresigning if you left in protest. You get the props for "sticking" to your values, but then get to walk it back at a later date when the environment is more acceptable to you. When you resign in protest you are basically saying that the rest of the staff team was not good enough for you and does not deserve you (possibly true) or that you wanted to say how you really felt, but it rings pretty hollow if you unresign relatively quickly after. ^this I guess would fall under Ryan's idea of Admins having final deliberation which makes sense. 

In general I think people should just say that they need a break and go on inactive status instead and make resigning more of a niche thing. I would want to have more people who feel free to come in and out of the community as they play different games and have different schedules throughout the year especially as the community skews pretty heavily towards adult with job.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
I’ll gloss over the other ranks aside from admin because I agree with the proposals. My return to admin wasn’t an unresign, I had the current admins and dink reach out to me to come back and I said yes. I forgot how we settled on me having a trial run as mod first, but admin was locked. Nicol and I also still had full access even though I hadn’t been admin for months, and in his case his rank was never taken away. I don’t know how an actual admin unresign could work aside from dink himself asking you to come back.

Every other thing said is +1 good thinking
I think a 7 day grace period to unresign for mods and below is perfectly reasonable, however after a month of being resigned you should have to either drop down a rank to tmod or start from trusted.

In the past we always have deliberated it case by case but that has always shown favoritism for the most part on who was allowed and who was not allowed to unresign.
im glad u have felt this way for a very long time as clearly seen here

lold
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]