Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's clothing.
Polo shirt and khaki shorts. Also a nice pie of shoes.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
(06-18-2017, 10:00 PM)tons4583 Wrote: Polo shirt and khaki shorts. Also a nice pie of shoes.

Everyone loves pie shoes
(06-18-2017, 04:21 AM)Psychs Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 01:47 PM)Connar Wrote: reddit.com/r/streetwear

how to look fly 101

I said presentable, not street.

Ok fine just don't wear cargo shorts or baggy pants or those shirts with that one multicolored stripe across the boobs area and then you'll look presentable and not like a little boy. Also if you don't have a good haircut then get one
I recommend you wear nothing.
I am a us customs broker. I work in a business setting and i will go on record that i do not own a single suit.
I only wear khakis and polo shirts which are considered business casual.

I would only recommend suits for higher up positions like management.

A dress shirt and dress pants and tie does not hurt for someone starting out.
If you are hurting for money start with the polo shirt and khakis.

Shoes are much more important believe it or not. Most places don't permit sneakers even in a business casual environment.

But i would not try to dress better than the person interviewing you. It can make the interview uncomfortable for them.

They are going to be looking more at your answers and how you act in the interview than how you dress.
(06-18-2017, 11:31 PM)Connar Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 04:21 AM)Psychs Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 01:47 PM)Connar Wrote: reddit.com/r/streetwear

how to look fly 101

I said presentable, not street.

Ok fine just don't wear cargo shorts or baggy pants or those shirts with that one multicolored stripe across the boobs area and then you'll look presentable and not like a little boy. Also if you don't have a good haircut then get one

I went shopping for clothes this weekend and the look I'll be going for is more of a simplistic but nice, wealthy kind of look. Like form fitting jeans, converse, and shirts like this. Also my haircut is going more for a George Clooney kind of look, right now it's a tad longish but when I get a haircut, which is probably this weekend, then I'll shoot for that. 

[Image: f824702df29bb2ad2328981813c6a6e4.jpg]

(06-19-2017, 02:43 AM)A Fish Wrote: I am a us customs broker.  I work in a business setting and i will go on record that i do not own a single suit.
I only wear khakis and polo shirts which are considered business casual.

I would only recommend suits for higher up positions like management.

A dress shirt and dress pants and tie does not hurt for someone starting out.
If you are hurting for money start with the polo shirt and khakis.

Shoes are much more important believe it or not.  Most places don't permit sneakers even in a business casual environment.

But i would not try to dress better than the person interviewing you.  It can make the interview uncomfortable for them.

They are going to be looking more at your answers and how you act in the interview than how you dress.

Yeah I don't think suits 24/7 is a good idea. Among many things, it lessens the impact that you have on people when they see you wearing it and I'm pretty sure I don't want that.
Also I know this isn't part of LOOKING good but cologne goes a long way of finishing off a presentable presentation of yourself... even a cheapo $30 cologne can go a long way impressing people as long as you only use a very small amount at once. Think of it as the cherry on top!