Simple Unban request
Ingame Name: Dinkledog (at time of ban) The Gaming Gazimon (current)

SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/theGamingGazimon    STEAM_0:0:30917824

Who Banned You: Scoovie

Reason For Ban: Consistent RDM

Length of Ban: permaban

Reason for Mods to Unban: the short version, is that i was having a night of dicking around with blackcat, it got a bit out of hand, and i made some very stupid choices. should you choose to unban me i can safely say such RDM wont be happening in your server again ( as i have my own now but didn't at the time)

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): no this is first ban

Other: so i'll say now i completely understand why i was banned and don't hold it against anybody, I'm even willing sit through a slay for every RDM if i get unbanned
edit: suppose full unban is a bit much to ask for. but i don't think its unreasonable to ask for an actual time to be put on the ban for a first offense. i'm not defending my actions, nor should i. like i said the ban is completely justified, i'm just asking for a second chance

Blackcatthegreat is labled a witness and can vouch for what happened. however untrustworthy
Elisar is able to verify as a character witness that i don't do this on a regular basis

edit: if i wasn't honestly sorry i wouldn't have bothered making the effort to appeal to the ban ._.
+1 to unban it was a fun night and he only did this during one night i played with him.
You were banned for consistently rdming when there were no staff on. You would go around and kill the first person you saw, and you did this often. You won't be getting outright unbanned, but à reduce is possible.
im going to shoot the next person i see
I was typing a response in the other thread but it got closed and I lost what I wrote.

In response to you, black cat, about me not talking to him about it, I did. The very first time he RDM'ed me on complete suspicion on my T round, I had a heated discussion with him and I could tell that he did it because he could get away with it, due to there being no staff online. This encounter is what drove me to download a video recording software and record him breaking the rules. I had the option of talking to him about it and maybe getting him to stop for a map or two, but he'd always go back to it in the end, or I could stay quiet and build a case against him, which is what I did.
If you look at my evidence video, you can see in the very first clip where he RDM's me, he says "why is it always you I kill, fruit?". He feels bad about it, he knows it's wrong, and yet he continues to do it. It's not okay for somebody to get bored and decide he's going to ruin the fun of other people because of it. It's not okay that he thinks he can get away with it because there's no staff online.
Nobody ever gives him permission for him to kill them, he just decides he's going to kill the first random person he sees. If he kills you, and you're okay with it, that's fine, I don't have a problem with friends killing eachother, but if he kills me or somebody else and we didn't ask for it or do anything wrong, that's not okay, he's ruining our rounds.

"I don't do this on a regular basis" is also not true, my video was recorded over the space of two days, and I didn't even play for that long, maybe three hours in total to get all the clips I filmed. I don't know what kind of stuff you get up to while I'm not there, but I'm willing to bet you've done this kind of stuff many more times than my video shows.

EDIT: Not a big fan of the whole "it was just one night" thing happening right now tbh, it clearly was not just one night. My video was filmed between two days, the 9th and the 10th. For the first day you were called The Gaming Gazimon and on the second you renamed yourself to Dinkledog.
(01-12-2017, 12:29 AM)Drew Wrote: You were banned for consistently rdming when there were no staff on. You would go around and kill the first person you saw, and you did this often. You won't be getting outright unbanned, but à reduce is possible.

i'm fine with that really, hoping for something reasonable, cause i logged on to see permaban and my heart sank

like i said it's not something i do on a regular basis. this is my first ban from ANY gmod server to tell the truth XD

(01-12-2017, 12:33 AM)the man what to eat that fruit Wrote: I was typing a response in the other thread but it got closed and I lost what I wrote.

In response to you, black cat, about me not talking to him about it, I did. The very first time he RDM'ed me on complete suspicion on my T round, I had a heated discussion with him and I could tell that he did it because he could get away with it, due to there being no staff online. This encounter is what drove me to download a video recording software and record him breaking the rules. I had the option of talking to him about it and maybe getting him to stop for a map or two, but he'd always go back to it in the end, or I could stay quiet and build a case against him, which is what I did.
If you look at my evidence video, you can see in the very first clip where he RDM's me, he says "why is it always you I kill, fruit?". He feels bad about it, he knows it's wrong, and yet he continues to do it. It's not okay for somebody to get bored and decide he's going to ruin the fun of other people because of it. It's not okay that he thinks he can get away with it because there's no staff online.
Nobody ever gives him permission for him to kill them, he just decides he's going to kill the first random person he sees. If he kills you, and you're okay with it, that's fine, I don't have a problem with friends killing eachother, but if he kills me or somebody else and we didn't ask for it or do anything wrong, that's not okay, he's ruining our rounds.

"I don't do this on a regular basis" is also not true, my video was recorded over the space of two days, and I didn't even play for that long, maybe three hours in total to get all the clips I filmed. I don't know what kind of stuff you get up to while I'm not there, but I'm willing to bet you've done this kind of stuff many more times than my video shows.

while i cant speak for what blackcat has or hasn't done in the past
i can say last night was only the second time I've ever run into him
i made bad decisions, willing to do the time it takes, but the main thing i'm asking for is it to be lessened from a permaban

edit: i'd like to see this video, not saying it doesn't exist, but if you're claiming i was mass RDMing on the 9th, i want to see some evidence because i'll flat out call BS on that
Timestamp 2:42 ish in my video

BlackCat: "Hyperion is going to come in and be like "what's happening?""
Gazimon: "Is he a mod?"
BlackCat: "No"
Gazimon: "Alright, then we're safe"

Gazimon knows exactly what he's doing, and he knows it's wrong. He's exploiting the fact that there aren't any staff members on at that time in the morning to come on and just do whatever he wants, at the expense of everybody else. Sometimes I just want to come on in the morning and enjoy a nice quiet game of TTT without 31 other people talking at once, and it's a shame that for two days my experience was ruined by Gazimon getting bored and RDM'ing because he felt like it. I'm certain there are other people who have been affected by this, and they either couldn't report it due to no staff being on or just felt like there was nothing they could do.
Between the constant RDM, the metagaming, trying to ruin somebodys round with a prop, and believing you could do whatever you wanted with nobody to stop you, I personally don't think you should be unbanned.

EDIT: Video is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQR4l6Toh-k) The first two clips on roy_the_ship were filmed on the 9th. Not sure how far back the round logs go, but a staff member could potentially check for logs from the 9th on that map and back me up. You did other things before those two clips were filmed, but I wasn't recording at the time, namely killing me on suspicion during my T round on ttt_canyon. In the first clip of the video you kill me and then say "why is it always you", implying you've already killed me before doing the same thing, which you did. You can't really deny this considering you said it yourself.
the man what to eat that fruitTimestamp 2:42 ish in my video

BlackCat: "Hyperion is going to come in and be like "what's happening?""
Gazimon: "Is he a mod?"
BlackCat: "No"
Gazimon: "Alright, then we're safe"

Gazimon knows exactly what he's doing, and he knows it's wrong. He's exploiting the fact that there aren't any staff members on at that time in the morning to come on and just do whatever he wants, at the expense of everybody else. Sometimes I just want to come on in the morning and enjoy a nice quiet game of TTT without 31 other people talking at once, and it's a shame that for two days my experience was ruined by Gazimon getting bored and RDM'ing because he felt like it. I'm certain there are other people who have been affected by this, and they either couldn't report it due to no staff being on or just felt like there was nothing they could do.
Between the constant RDM, the metagaming, trying to ruin somebodys round with a prop, and believing you could do whatever you wanted with nobody to stop you, I personally don't think you should be unbanned.

EDIT: Video is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQR4l6Toh-k) The first two clips on roy_the_ship were filmed on the 9th. Not sure how far back the round logs go, but a staff member could potentially check for logs from the 9th on that map and back me up. You did other things before those two clips were filmed, but I wasn't recording at the time, namely killing me on suspicion during my T round on ttt_canyon.

so i'm gonna call you out here
EVERY one of these clips is from the 10th, in fact its all within the same like four hour span. where i'm already willing to admit i made a long night of stupid decisions.
Not sure if I'm just dumb or if the old logs function doesn't work, but I just searched through every single log round in January so far and I couldn't find the round in question anywhere. I'm certain it was on the 9th because you were still called TheGamingGazimon ingame at that point, I left after roy_the_ship ended, came back on on the 10th and I didn't realise who you were because you had changed your name to dinkledog, after I realised I started recording again. I don't think it really matters anyway, everything in the video still stands.
Yeah Old logs are broken and have been for a while. Looking at the evidence provided, I'm not sure if I want you back on the server again. Being on the "Nightshift" isn't an excuse to RDM, especially if Staff are not on. I'm with Drew on this one, you're not getting unbanned for this. And there is absolutely no reason why you deserve an unban at all.

A reduce would be lucky, for I'm one that doesn't feel comfortable letting you back on our server, especially since I feel you'd just come back to repeat this offense somewhere down the line in the near future. I simply don't trust letting you back in at this point. If you're to be given a reduce, We'd fully expect you don't pull this shit again. I'm unsure about a reduce at this point, I think it's way too early. I feel he should reappeal for a reduce / unban at another time. Otherwise, he deserves a tight leash.

-1 for a unban.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]