Poll: Should the detective be able to kill people who move the portable tester?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
31.58%
6 31.58%
No
68.42%
13 68.42%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Portable Tester Problem
As it stands, an innocent can prevent the detective from effectively using the portable tester, without consequence. The Detective is completely powerless as a person runs around the map with it. This is something that bothers many players, myself included. I think that the Detective should be able to kill anyone who moves the tester without their permission, if said person is warned. What do you think?
[Image: oKn4mWG.png]
no

as long as they are not putting it in a place where it is not accessible or damaging it, you can not kill them. And that is how it should stay
No, if too many people are taking testers away, running off with them and over-testing just don't buy a tester or keep it on your magneto stick.
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
Are you guys crazy? You should atleast be able to put sus on someone running with the tester / throwing it.

You should also be able to kill someone refusing to let other people test by spamming the tester, think of it as doorblocking the entrance to a tester.
No, I'm not a girl.
[Image: UIqFzqq.jpg]
I'd be fine with sus, but certainly not KOS on the person.
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
No.
Sus maybe, but kill? no.
With all the killable count downs we have (grapples, door blocking, for two examples). I don't see why it's unreasonable to make this a "Drop it or die (name). 3, 2, 1.".
Saying "don't use this function because people are twats" is kind of just skirting the issue.
It more often than not leads to you both getting killed because you're .... mad you got tested as an inno?
A super silly thing to be a salty potato chip about.
I get it, to some people testers are annoying. There's servers that don't have them you're super welcome to play on if you don't like any function or item that's given to us on this server.

"If it's no longer accessible or use-able"
What's the difference between not being able to click it because it's off map
and not being able to click it because some one is running around in a circle with it
Is it that you can kill them and get it back
because if so guess what, it should be kos'able other wise no you can't kill them and get it back and there's no difference and thus it's non-useable and kos-able.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
You can put suspicion on anything, but only reasonable suspicion can be killed. What I mean is that, you are free to sus them for taking the tester away (as long as they're hiding it in an unreachable place). But you cannot kill them for it, unless the detective tells the person to test and that person refuses, then sure, you can kill. But if s/he did but still takes it, you can't do anything about it. You just have to wait till it's all used up.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Feel free to lock this thread, thanks for the input.
[Image: oKn4mWG.png]