Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limited time maps?
Random idea I had.
Find some one who enjoys making maps.
Have them slap together some random limited time maps.
Like holidays
New releases
Trending News Items
Pop Culture Milstones

Slap em up for a week to spice things up (once every couple of months or if anything BIG happens)
N' who knows maybe everyone loves the map, it gets refined, and added to the roster.

Now I don't suggest dev team because of course, their hands are always god damn full.
But if anyone stepped up like "That sounds like a great hobby i'd do!" 
Would it be an unreasonable, non-frequent, event to pull off?
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
I like this, we seem to get special maps around Christmas time, im sure someone who knows how to edit the maps could do it if they wanted to and had the time. Having new things every so often would refresh gameplay and make frequently played maps more enjoyable
@An Ol' Spicy Keychain

Also I'll be happy to make a christmas themed map list(i wont test it this time lol)
awww, this is a cute suggestion. I like it.
[Image: source.gif]
Might be too much to deal with as far as swapping them out when the holiday is over, but who knows really. I'm for it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-18-2017, 10:46 PM)Christian Wrote: Might be too much to deal with as far as swapping them out when the holiday is over, but who knows really. I'm for it.

Even if it's not an every holiday (christmas, quanza <= should of googled that but it's probably wrong, memorial day, passover, kingdom hearts release, yada.)
But like "Here's christmas bowling back for christmas break and oh some one made a giant pumpkin for halloween go kill each other in it. That's 2 this year, don't ask for any more we're busy figuring out cool new ways to rdm lycan" Like Yana Toboso of black butler did with Ciel in a dress lol. 

Again this is assuming anyone even has the time and skill in their lives to step up and offer their services for this.
But honestly if it happens, the less frequent it happens the more appreciated it'd probably be when it does happen.
So 1 or 2 a year? Perfect.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Looks like a good idea - map making could take while... unless we just do holiday themes of dinkleberg

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
4th of july is already over nerds
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
Maybe when I bump up to a computer with better specs i'll crash course my self on map making.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
(07-19-2017, 03:45 AM)Suspicious As Fuck Wrote: Maybe when I bump up to a computer with better specs i'll crash course my self on map making.

if you can play gmod you can compile a map
mind you, it can take a good 5-10 minutes to compile a well-optimized map on -final settings on a poor pc, but after that, you're good
and afaik fast compiles used for testing is always less than half a minute

if you want help w/ hammer hmu on discord sometime
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]