Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should afks be kicked on an empty server?
(01-15-2017, 05:53 PM)TDawg4 Wrote: To Be Honest I accidentaly go afk for a period of time because I'm on the forums. anyways, though I am not donor. donors should be able to join when server is full... as well as staff.

We don't have reserve slots yet. It's still being discussed. Hence why, no one can connect to the server as a supporter+ even while it's full.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
There needs to be a fix on the AFK timer were the server auto spectates someone. If i remember correctly, when someone goes AFK, there is a timer of 180 seconds. If that player get killed, or interacted with in any way (Not sure about that but i know something that happens all the time does this) resets that timer, and then they are dead and the timer doesnt effect them. This is very annoying this happens and said AFK is T multiple times and we have to wait till overtime (Or a consensus is made that we kill said afk).
Uhm if they're farming time then yes ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-15-2017, 07:10 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat â™£â™£ Wrote: There needs to be a fix on the AFK timer were the server auto spectates someone. If i remember correctly, when someone goes AFK, there is a timer of 180 seconds. If that player get killed, or interacted with in any way (Not sure about that but i know something that happens all the time does this) resets that timer, and then they are dead and the timer doesnt effect them. This is very annoying this happens and said AFK is T multiple times and we have to wait till overtime (Or a consensus is made that we kill said afk).

It does reset the timer if in anyway the player is moved. Test Mod and higher usually like fspec them if it's taking too long. For example, if it's an AFK traitor and is the last traitor too.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(01-15-2017, 10:43 PM)Koharu-Chan Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 07:10 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat â™£â™£ Wrote: There needs to be a fix on the AFK timer were the server auto spectates someone. If i remember correctly, when someone goes AFK, there is a timer of 180 seconds. If that player get killed, or interacted with in any way (Not sure about that but i know something that happens all the time does this) resets that timer, and then they are dead and the timer doesnt effect them. This is very annoying this happens and said AFK is T multiple times and we have to wait till overtime (Or a consensus is made that we kill said afk).

It does reset the timer if in anyway the player is moved. Test Mod and higher usually like fspec them if it's taking too long. For example, if it's an AFK traitor and is the last traitor too.

Unfortunately there are no mods on at 3 am most of the time so we still should fix the afk timer stuff.
(01-16-2017, 03:21 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat â™£â™£ Wrote:

Unfortunately there are no mods on at 3 am most of the time so we still should fix the afk timer stuff.

3 am, which timezone? Because if I'm correct, there's usually aura, scoovie, computing, or me on.
(01-16-2017, 05:16 PM)Koharu-Chan Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 03:21 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat â™£â™£ Wrote:

3 am, which timezone? Because if I'm correct, there's usually aura, scoovie, computing, or me on.
West coast. And if it isnt 3 am its 4am 5am 6am. Really it should be fixed no matter the situation or time period.
if the server is near empty and people are time farming (game tracker tells you the proper time right?) wouldn't it help the server population by someone seeing a mildly populated server and then they will join? When i used to hop servers in 2015(and the way i found this server) i would go off of population and ping and and if you see a decent population at 4 am, they are probably going to join and give it a try
(01-16-2017, 09:10 PM)kramberry Wrote: if the server is near empty and people are time farming (game tracker tells you the proper time right?) wouldn't it help the server population by someone seeing a mildly populated server and then they will join? When i used to hop servers in 2015(and the way i found this server) i would go off of population and ping and and if you see a decent population at 4 am, they are probably going to join and give it a try

Well on gametracker, it takes time for it to record. They don't record special characters names or duplicate names anymore. I mean, I use steam server list instead because it's more accurate with the listing of whose on and whose actually playing.
When the server isn't over 75% full, I kick whenever I see people AFK for multiple rounds.