Impersonation?
Ingame Name: KneeG
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:79544703
Who Banned You: Mr Turner 
Reason For Ban: Impersonating Staff
Length of Ban: 1 Hour
Reason for Mods to Unban:

I was not impersonating staff at all. I don't use chat most of the time other than for the command of suit zoom. I changed my name to "SusAf", which the T mod had their name changed for weeks, and I was banned for it. I recieved one warning from the T Mod to remove it and I was going to, as  I stated in the admin chat, but I was banned before I can do so by Mr Turner. I could't change my name at the time because the round ended and the new map changed. As you may know, your server has advertisments and a bunch pop ups in the screen, I was loaded into the round that started. I did not want to get banned for changing my name mid round, and clarified this with the T mod, Sus AF, that I will be chnaging my name at the end of the round due to loading time. He replied something about the server stability, and it seemed as it was fine. Mr Tunrer came in, knowing nothing of the situation because he was not there when this happened and banned me immediatley. I want to be unbanned as Mr Turner butted in to the situation that was being handled by the T Mod, and quickley banned me. More of a miscommunication between your staff. In Short, I had no time to change my name due to amount of time of the loading screen. I asked if it was fine to change my name at the end of the round and there no clarity if it was fine or not by the T mod. 

Additionally, I was not impersonating staff. Changing my name to an old T mod's username is not impersonating staff.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads):No

Other:
To be fair he was changing his name but got cut off by a map change :|
To be fair on the other side; I gave you multiple warnings before having to check with other staff on how to proceed.

It's only an hour.
You were pushing buttons intentionally and got backlash for it.
Though I was just going to throw a kick your way with a "change your name", I had to take it to other staff for clarification and this is how it was handled. Let's all learn from this.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
(07-30-2017, 06:55 PM)Suspicious As Fuck Wrote: To be fair he was changing his name but got cut off by a map change :|
To be fair on the other side; I gave you multiple warnings before having to check with other staff on how to proceed.

It's only an hour.
You were pushing buttons intentionally and got backlash for it.
Though I was just going to throw a kick your way with a "change your name", I had to take it to other staff for clarification and this is how it was handled. Let's all learn from this.

You gave me one. Check your PM chat. You said "First official warning to change your name." That is what I responding to, but got cut off by a ban. I couldn't find anything about "impersonating staff" in the rules. It may be a given, but it's not in the rules as everything else is. But yes, let's learn from this.
Because you were clearly taking everything else I was saying as a joke.
I bought the bit till you chose my main staple ID.
You seemed to still think it was kidding around time so I put it in more official terms.

You do have a point though; it should be a written rule.
Even I was confused and had to seek other staff guidance.
I've seen punishments given for it, but could not personally find it in the MOTD
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Sus messaged me this on steam
SusAF: K so. KneeG is being a twat and using my main ign while i'm trying to switch back to it. Is there some rule on impersonating staff or do I just sit and grit my teeth while he trolls about with my name?

Don't act like you didn't call for help Sus lol.

It wasn't your in game name to begin with btw Sus, so you had no reason to say that he was impersonating staff. It was an hour ban so not too much of a storm was caused.
(07-30-2017, 07:09 PM)Suspicious As Fuck Wrote: Because you were clearly taking everything else I was saying as a joke.
You seemed to still think it was kidding around time so I put it in more official terms.

I've seen punishments given for it, but could not personally find it in the MOTD

I was taking it as a joke because you were treating it as a joke. You changed your name to "KneeG." I also did not know how to repsond to "Im going to kill you if you don't change your name." That didn't seem as if you were takng it seriously. I took it seriously when you responded to it seriously like I always do.
I'm not acting like I didn't call for help? I straight said I did multiple times :P.
How ever if we're going to go on that: I asked a question not for a ban ==> you gave me that instead of an answer.
Which either way help is help and if that's how you as a higher staff decided to help then so be it; thanks.

I had actually only changed it for a short period to Hans Gruber while listening to Bleachers: A Bleach Abridged
It was in fact sus, I am in fact identified as that, even to a point where i've now had to change back from redacted because people are kos'ing me as "susaf" and it's causing confusion. Hence why I found this an issue, hence why I was asking questions about it.

(07-30-2017, 07:13 PM)KneeG Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 07:09 PM)Suspicious As Fuck Wrote: Because you were clearly taking everything else I was saying as a joke.

I was taking it as a joke because you were treating it as a joke. You changed your name to "KneeG." I also did not know how to repsond to "Im going to kill you if you don't change your name." That didn't seem as if you were takng it seriously. I took it seriously when you responded to it seriously like I always do.

N' I appreciate it! 
Like I told you; or well tried to i'm not sure if you got cut off with that ban.
It was fine that you changed it at the end of round because I know ads are a bitch and a half.
It just so happened that my request for aid came in that form while we were sorting it out
As well I verbally stated "We had figured it out and he was changing his name. But you're above me on the roster so if that's your choice that's your choice." but he just left so ykno

My apologies that this lost you an hour of your play time.
But if i'm being perfectly clear here.
I just wanted to know if you didn't cooperate if I had grounds to kick you to change your name or if I had to just sit and deal with it.
I would always rather explore an option that's not a ban. I guess I just need to make that more clear.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Sus I think you need to take a look at the staff punishment guidelines before you do anything else from here.
8. Staff Impersonation
Staff impersonation isn’t really a problem most of the time. Most players are capable of understanding when someone is joking. They can also tell from the tab menu who actually is or is not staff. The only time this should yield a punishment is if the person in question is being completely serious and actually convincing people they are staff. Just gag or mute accordingly until they stop. If they don’t stop after a few warnings it can probably be considered trolling at that point.

So then why was I not immediately directed to this? While yes, it's clear I need to re-read some parts my brain must of entirely pushed out either from exhaustion or pure information overload. The fact of the matter is I don't have say or power in bans. I asked a question and it was met with a ban. I believe that is beyond my control.

Since it's already here and quoted "Is there some rule on impersonating staff"
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
Well here's the thread for future reference.

[Image: TsRNjwD.png]
Judging off this, you had the opportunity to read these guidelines. And you should of read understood them thoroughly before you purchased DTMod. I don't really know what happened here.

The correct procedure here is if this was taken as "Trolling" which it could be, Staff should of asked his name to be changed. He refuses, you follow with a kick. Comes back and refuses, a temp ban would of been fine here. I was not there, so I would not know what way these events happened. But if they happen the way I have said above, the procedures were met correctly. And your ban was justified.

However, this is not Staff Impersonation in the slightest. It's just minor trolling. At this point he's unbanned, so I guess this can be locked.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]