Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcements
A rule change was made today, in the middle of my gaming session. During one map, doorblocking was not required to give a warning, as per the motd, and then about an hour later, I was slain for this, because DaKody updated the MOTD without announcing it. 

When you change the rules, please leave a nice announcement so that people don't assume (rightfully so) that the rules are the same while people are in the middle of playing.
thats why the CHANGES log on the rules is a thing.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
(01-16-2017, 01:24 AM)Scoovie Wrote: thats what the CHANGES log on the rules is a thing.

And you can't see that when the MOTD is open. You have to scroll down. 

But if you have no reason to suspect a rule change, you wouldn't do that, now would you?
Updates to the rules are accompanied by a post on the thread saying there has been a change. Scroll down to check if there's a change when you connect.
(01-15-2017, 11:09 PM)Obi Juan Canblowme Wrote: Changes 1/15/17

- Added addendum to Door Spamming
 - Added minor text to Door Blocking

Rly nigga
(01-16-2017, 01:39 AM)Mr_R ippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: Updates to the rules are accompanied by a post on the thread saying there has been a change. Scroll down to check if there's a change when you connect.

Why not announce it to the people playing the game currently, though? 

I mean, is it really that hard? 
(The answer should be no, and if it's not, then you really need to reevaluate the way you guys run things)
(01-16-2017, 11:54 AM)Actual Cannibal Shia LaBuff Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 01:39 AM)Mr_R ippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: Updates to the rules are accompanied by a post on the thread saying there has been a change. Scroll down to check if there's a change when you connect.

(The answer should be no, and if it's not, then you really need to reevaluate the way you guys run things)

But that's what forums are for. It's a like a tweeting page. 
Also it does show on the motd if you scroll down, when you type !motd.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(01-16-2017, 01:39 AM)Mr_R ippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: Updates to the rules are accompanied by a post on the thread saying there has been a change. Scroll down to check if there's a change when you connect.

That's the responsibility of the staff members online at the time.
Why is the change log not on top of the MOTD??? Or atleast, something saying "Remember there is a change log so check it out sometimes" at the top of the motd so you dont have to scroll down the MOTD after having to wait 7 seconds for your AD to go away and you want to get in the game fast so you dont die.
(01-16-2017, 01:02 PM)Mr_Rippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote:

That's the responsibility of the staff members online at the time.

Computing wasn't aware of it either, and he was on for the entire time I was. It was a staff member who had just hopped online. 

That, there, is a serious problem. Aura Arco also said that they were unaware of the rule and policy changes this morning, which marks a very serious problem with communication here.

(01-16-2017, 12:41 PM)Koharu-Chan Wrote:

But that's what forums are for. It's a like a tweeting page. 
Also it does show on the motd if you scroll down, when you type !motd.

Again. Why would you scroll down if you had no reason to believe there was a rule change. There's no giant marker that states "There was a change here" like there is when there's a new tweet or whatever.