Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestion on the shotgun situation?
For as long as I have been playing the shotgun has been nicknamed the "shitgun" as it is the best weapon to close-midrange and it almost impossible to fight against when you don't have one yourself. 

I have created a strawpoll (just wanting to know what people think) about the shotguns to see what the community wants done with them? 

(NOTE: this strawpoll is not at ALL binding simply a suggestion to see is to be done with them)

http://www.strawpoll.me/13676794

let me hear your thoughts.
thanks.
Pretty much what i have been saying is that it needs some sort of change, it needs to be less effective in farther ranges but about the same in close range, In theory less pellets but some more damage should mean that less pellets will hit at long range but about the same amount of damage should be afflicted at close range.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Frankly i'm a bit torn.
It gives newer players a fighting chance.
As well i've said throughout my entire life "If it's in the game, it's not cheating. Get over it or pick a new game."

But on the flip side.
There is nothing you can do against a locomotive.
Period.
You catch it close range and even sometimes mid range; you are dead.
No reaction time, no recourse. Dead.
As well for the base shotgun?
MID RANGE?
I've pulled some Rainbow 6 Vegas 12 gauge w/ rifle scope sniping bullshit in a clutch.

While they're horribly over powered.
It's a shotgun .... So like ... duh.
But also it's a freaking video game, a fictional, freaking, video game.
There's 0 reason we need realistic physics.
Shit we have plane engines strapped to our backs.

Idk man.
I'm really not sure where to stand on this.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
I've used the pump shotgun for 5 years while playing TTT and I'd rather not stop now
buff the shotgun please
I don't know. I've been using the locomotive for the past year and it's been a blast, but I recently switched to a Vector and I like using it. However, I'm tired of being killed by a shotgun that ISN'T MINE!!! I don't like the fact that I only have under 2 seconds to react before I'm shitgunned to oblivion. I'm very hypocritical when it comes to this situation. I'm fine with nerfed damage for the shotgun, but removing it seems to be a little drastic, since not everyone has MLG 420 no-scope skillz with a Bullshite or any other weapon that is deemed socially acceptable by this community.
[Image: source.gif]
Its nice having so many angles to play. Sniper from distance? Shotgun up close?
I like having to adjust in the moment to the situation even though i'm bad, yes.
Saying nerf a shotgun is like saying nerf headshots on the silenced sniper.
It is what is meant to be, OP.
Removing shotguns entirely just ruins the weapon variety of the games intent. Most of the shotguns (imo) have strengths and weakness. Locomotive is a close range nightmare, but recoil and pellet spray are a thing. Striker has a big clip, but doesn't do as much damage. Pump Shotgun arguably the same as the Striker but a slow firing speed (pump animation.)

The XM1014 is the only shotgun I feel that could use some tweaking. To be fair, it's the 2nd smallest clip for a shotgun behind the locomotive. There's 0 reason to remove it since it's a Core Weapon within TTT, let alone I'm not entirely sure it could be removed unless you do that within the map.txt files. But it does do an obnoxious amount of damage, enough that makes it hard for other weapons to stand a chance. (Snipers,Assault Rifles,SMG's,Secondaries,etc.)

Tl;dr:
They may / may not need some tweaking.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
If you can make it so that the shotguns have damage fall-off, I feel like they would be more balanced. Because I have commonly seen 'someone' sniping with a shotgun and it does half their health or more.
The striker is like a XM on steroids tbh. It shoots faster to the point where the damage doesn't really matter that it's a bit less