Ban Appeal.
Ingame Name: CynicalMedia

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:51876706

Who Banned You:  Computing ash.

Reason For Ban: "Disrespect"

Length of Ban: A day I think?

Reason for Mods to Unban:  Was told to drop the situation. Told him I'd drop it on the floor and stopped talking about it. Five minutes later I Was banned. No idea why the length of the ban was so long. No idea why moderators cant take critique or handle situations without jumping the gun. I know I got angry at how the situation was handled. Which I'll openly admit was the one thing I did wrong. But the way he handled everything, without even taking a minute to talk about it. He was extremely short and rude to me. I do not understand the length of the ban or the sheer impoliteness with the mod. I've spent alot of time on this server and I'd like to get back into it.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Only for name changing once 

Other:  ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) Thanks for listening.
He reduced your ban to 7 hours on his own accord soon afterwards.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(01-19-2017, 03:01 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: He reduced your ban to 7 hours on his own accord.

I still disagree with how he handled the situation. Just because you dont agree with a moderator or dont get along with someone. Does not= banning. Or handling the situation like he did. It started with me wanting to find an answer. Getting talked to without respect and being answered with short answers without a chance to talk it out. I Dont feel how it was handled was justified.
He changed the ban to 7 hours. Which i think is a reasonable amount of time since you got really salty and didnt drop it until after being warned multiple times. Though i think the way it was handled was a bit bad. Ash didnt follow the order it was supposed to go. He didnt give him a round gag / mute, just warning, i think short gagged, kicked, then banned.

Rule number 8: Staff Disrespect
- 1st Offence: Warning
- 2nd Offence: Short gag or mute
- 3rd Offence: Round long gag or mute
- 4th Offence: 1+ Day Temp Ban

I dont disagree with ash's decision though. I do think however the round long gag couldve settled this without anyone getting banned. Also i dont believe he knowingly lied in his report.
Dont look so blue
(01-19-2017, 03:06 AM)Mari Wrote: He changed the ban to 7 hours. Which i think is a reasonable amount of time since you got really salty and didnt drop it until after being warned multiple times. Though i think the way it was handled was a bit bad. Ash didnt follow the order it was supposed to go. He didnt give him a round gag / mute, just warning, i think short gagged, kicked, then banned.

Rule number 8: Staff Disrespect
- 1st Offence: Warning
- 2nd Offence: Short gag or mute
- 3rd Offence: Round long gag or mute
- 4th Offence: 1+ Day Temp Ban

I dont disagree with ash's decision though. I do think however the round long gag couldve settled this without anyone getting banned.

There was never a round gag. There was a kick, and a ban. And I got banned after saying i'd drop it like he had asked. And then five minutes later I Was banned. I'd rather not be banned for something stupid. I Was not salty over anything. I felt disrespected by ashes answers and shortness with me.
We're supposed to follow the guideline. We can't skip a step unless it's a major troll, that's the only exception. But so, Cynical explained to me what happened. He didn't initiate prop surf yet, he was only on the prop, but someone moved the prop, basically I guess they shot the prop, so it made it look like he flew or pop up a notch. He eventually got kosed, according to him. He filed in a report.

From what I was told, all you guys did is tell him to shut up or told him to stop being salty or rude. But he wanted to know WHY. He was never given an answer of Why, because the chat was immediately closed before he could even respond. That is the reason why Cynical kept asking why. I'm not on either side, because I don't know what actually happened, but if I remember correctly, you're supposed to explain and listen to the player and then get it situated. I know Cynical, yes he gets mad, but he does stop when it needs to be stop. But if he doesn't know why he needs to stop, he won't really stop. I know this is bad, but it's pretty much the same thing if you're suddenly banned without warnings. Sure, you warned him multiple times, but the punishment guideline... is what everyone follows, if they see a skipped punishment, they'll think it's abuse.

So, since your ban is already reduced, but nonetheless, is there actually recording of what happened instead of peoples words? Because Cynical told me that you guys were being very rude to his friend because his friend was having computer issues and you guys didn't help him, just like laugh it off or whatnot. But um, this is what he told me in steam chat, he actually wanted me to get on before he got banned, but it was too late.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(01-19-2017, 03:13 AM)Koharu-Chan Wrote: We're supposed to follow the guideline. We can't skip a step unless it's a major troll, that's the only exception. But so, Cynical explained to me what happened. He didn't initiate prop surf yet, he was only on the prop, but someone moved the prop, basically I guess they shot the prop, so it made it look like he flew or pop up a notch. He eventually got kosed, according to him. He filed in a report.

From what I was told, all you guys did is tell him to shut up or told him to stop being salty or rude. But he wanted to know WHY. He was never given an answer of Why, because the chat was immediately closed before he could even respond. That is the reason why Cynical kept asking why. I'm not on either side, because I don't know what actually happened, but if I remember correctly, you're supposed to explain and listen to the player and then get it situated. I know Cynical, yes he gets mad, but he does stop when it needs to be stop. But if he doesn't know why he needs to stop, he won't really stop. I know this is bad, but it's pretty much the same thing if you're suddenly banned without warnings. Sure, you warned him multiple times, but the punishment guideline... is what everyone follows, if they see a skipped punishment, they'll think it's abuse.

So, since your ban is already reduced, but nonetheless, is there actually recording of what happened instead of peoples words? Because Cynical told me that you guys were being very rude to his friend because his friend was having computer issues and you guys didn't help him, just like laugh it off or whatnot. But um, this is what he told me in steam chat, he actually wanted me to get on before he got banned, but it was too late.
Derpy let me correct some of this for you because its hard to explain it all to you over text. I was on the prop and I was going to surf on the prop. I moved the prop over like a foot against a wall and then I was shot. I was never kosed. I was just shot. I argued with the guy that shot me and wanted an answer and for him to be slain. Ash then at the end of the round created a group chat. Allowed to the killer to post "Prop Surfing is Kosable" And closed the chat. There was no discussion there was literally nothing. After arguing with the mod ash for a bit, because I didnt like how short he was with me. I Got kicked for "Disrespect" I openly admit I called him names. The way he handled it was immature. So I stooped to his level. When I rejoined. I acted passive aggressively making comments like oh no I might get banned if we crowbar fight and saying comments like oh god something something "shit mods" and then was told to drop it by ash. I said I'll drop it on the floor and stopped talking about it and laughed less then five minutes later I was banned. There was no process to this. There was warning kick, then a warning where I stopped after he warned me then I was banned.  (Ash had gone off the recording death scene that he saw, which should have shown me bump the prop)

In regards to the computer issue. This was something that happened about a week ago. A completely different situation that im 90 percent sure made the player not come back. But not something in relevance to this situation.
(01-19-2017, 03:05 AM)Cynical Media csgobig.com Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 03:01 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: He reduced your ban to 7 hours on his own accord.

I still disagree with how he handled the situation. Just because you dont agree with a moderator or dont get along with someone. Does not= banning. Or handling the situation like he did. It started with me wanting to find an answer. Getting talked to without respect and being answered with short answers without a chance to talk it out. I Dont feel how it was handled was justified.

Yeah, I was just notifying you of the shortening since I was one of the first to see the post. I'm remaining neutral on this situation until video evidence showing the truth is presented.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
@Dildo Shwaggins Was Cynical gag/muted before being kicked then banned?
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
(01-19-2017, 03:53 AM)Scoovie Wrote: @Dildo Shwaggins  Was Cynical gag/muted before being kicked then banned?

I was not Gagged or muted. Ask anyone in the game at the time.