Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exp Update complaint
I was on for a whiiiiiiiiile and accumulated about 8k exp, but all of a sudden it reset after switching mapslike 8 hours into playing different maps. I don't really know how to word that as it was fine switching any other time and everyone else was not affected but long story short i figured i prestiged or something but no it literally shot down to 0. Now i normally wouldn't care but i have styaed on this server an extra 8 or so hours past the already 18 non stop just for the feat of getting to be top exp player and this kinda upset me. Pretty self explainatory as i've been playing for about 26+ hours now straight. (one small nap included)  

I don't care for reimbursement or whatever i'm just pointing out that it reset and that was super frikin dissapointing and im running into problems kinda frequently on this server, ill post the others as i come accross them as i just got into this forum.
I know how disappointing it is to have it reset so suddenlly but you gotta think about how other people like me who were on our 20th prestige and such. You'll get your levels back in no time lol
I think he means he was playing all night without like leaving the server and 8 maps or whatever into it, his xp rolled back. Not that it was reset when Dink added the new xp system.

I personally like the new one. I havent encountered any issues yet. I like you get xp added for doing good, and xp removed for doing bad.
One thing I noticed is we dont earn much points anymore?
Also can we have the choice to remove the EXP bar from are screen it is really annoying. I myself dont care to much about the level progress.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(09-26-2017, 04:08 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: Also can we have the choice to remove the EXP bar from are screen it is really annoying. I myself dont care to much about the level progress.

If you open the XP menu (F6 for me) and in bar settings you can untick the things you don't want to see(:
When the server first started it was using plugins that were not intended for use of a magnitude that this server has become.
The original exp application was intended for smaller servers and we have outgrown it.
I'm sure that when dink first opened this server that it was built on a couple dollars and a prayer
I don't think he was planning this far ahead. Probably more like just trying to get a few people on.

The server has about a quarter million experience profiles for an addon that was really only intended for a few thousand
This is not a new server this server is going on 4 or 5 year old now

And some of out players have 8 - 10 weeks of consecutive time on the server who were also reset

But the work being performed on the server at this time is major. I wouldn't consider it as much of a reset and more of a grand reopening.
Just like if you purchased a sequel to a new game. This is now dinklebergsgmod 2.0 and it is going to be bigger and better than before.
(09-26-2017, 05:51 PM)Narrr Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 04:08 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: Also can we have the choice to remove the EXP bar from are screen it is really annoying. I myself dont care to much about the level progress.

If you open the XP menu (F6 for me) and in bar settings you can untick the things you don't want to see(:
Unless there was an update in the last day i did not see any options in the f6 menu to completely disable the showing of the EXP Bar.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(09-27-2017, 01:43 AM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:51 PM)Narrr Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 04:08 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: Also can we have the choice to remove the EXP bar from are screen it is really annoying. I myself dont care to much about the level progress.

Unless there was an update in the last day i did not see any options in the f6 menu to completely disable the showing of the EXP Bar.

It's still working for me: https://i.imgur.com/HxVstPw.jpg untick all the boxes under commands
It's ok people are just editing there own xp anyways.
(09-29-2017, 05:39 PM)Mr. Final Wrote: It's ok people are just editing there own xp anyways.

How so? If mods are abusing the command please report it to us.