Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Shouldn't Do Their Own Reports
Hey all, 

I just wanna say that staff shouldn't be able to do their own reports. There's obviously going to be some bias in their say. Like, personally I'm getting really frustrated with a staff member not slaying themselves or slaying a person who killed them just because there was a report and the staff member has the final say. This was one of the biggest issues I had with the server when I first left it. A simple solution would be to just not handle the report but make a post about it in the forums and let someone else decide. Do the same thing we always do when reporting something: get screenshots/video evidence, witnesses, whatever is needed. But so far, 9/10 times, the staff member has done the thing that benefits them the most. And it's really not fair to the members of the community who have to deal with this. What do you think? Should staff handle their own reports? Should they not? Has anything like this happened to you? I'm really curious.

Thanks for your time,
Ikebakuro
I agree that staff shouldn't do their own reports if there is another staff on the server.  However, you posted this because you killed Jerald off of suspicion during regular time, not overtime.  You then got real salty and demanded that he remove your slay because staff shouldn't do there own reports, and left the server without taking the slay.  Came back and continued arguing with Jerald.
If two staff members are on, Staff member "A" cannot handle their own reports.
If one staff member is on, he is allowed to handle his own reports.
I personally, do not slay on my own reports if I am the only one on, unless its a clear case of RDM.
Obviously exercising caution is a must.
Unless there is no other staff online we are not allowed to handle our own reports. If you see this please take a screenshot as proof so we can deal with it.
Jerald asked me to review the report when i got on. I did, and from what I can tell he handled it correctly. The slay was justified. When I got on, Jerald and I were the only staff on. So before that, it was just Jerald. Him doing his own report was justified then.
I understand if there's only one staff member online then there's no one to do the report bit them, but that's why I suggest just putting it on forums and letting another staff member decide then just give them the slay or not whenever a chance is given
It sounds like a justifiable slay, stop being salty.
(09-26-2017, 11:13 AM)Ikebakuro Wrote: I understand if there's only one staff member online then there's no one to do the report bit them, but that's why I suggest just putting it on forums and letting another staff member decide then just give them the slay or not whenever a chance is given

posting on the forums is for bans only, so this wouldn't get anything accomplished. If you make a report that obviously should result in the staff slaying themselves but they don't then that is a problem but we can't do anything without evidence. Same with if they slay someone they shouldn't.
Then find another solution to the problem because honestly, this is ridiculous. Or at least say "Okay. We understand your concerns and we'll discuss the matter". Find something that works because clearly this doesn't
(09-26-2017, 11:43 AM)Ikebakuro Wrote: Then find another solution to the problem because honestly, this is ridiculous. Or at least say "Okay. We understand your concerns and we'll discuss the matter". Find something that works because clearly this doesn't

We've already told  you the solution. Get proof and make an abuse report.