Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Weapon/Tool Suggestions
Hi! I'm gonna dumb a bunch of suggestions here, one I think would fare well in the server.

This is the final list for today.

Headcrab Launcher.
- Little thing I had on my old community server, Toyroom TTT (now dead). Worked fairly well and I thought it was fancy, basically a weird, indirect RPG that dispenses headcrabs whenever it lands at the target destination.

Flashbang.
- More often then not, it is pesky to enter one-way buildings as a single terrorist against several people. This makes it a little less strenuous to do that, and other things.

Prop Disguiser.
- Silly, most likely a more ignored item, but I think it would prove good for traitors who are outnumbered and are stuck in one place for the moment while others look for them.

Traitor Silenced M4A1.
- Most likely to be overshadowed by HK MP7 users, this offers an approach for snipers. Combined with the silenced pistol and sniper, it could prove an effective 'assassin' loadout.

Riot Shield.
- Would be a nice item for detectives. More often then not, they're killed off as easily as innocents.

The Briefcase.
- A nice item for detectives to have. Not every map has the required ammo for their guns, and some people don't plan to search the map for ammo. Maybe increase the ammo count to fulfill this need.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
+1 for headcrab launcher, seems like a fun item.
[Image: fa5.gif]
Had headcrab launcher in old server i use to staff +1 for that
+1 for headcrab launcher and prop disguiser ;) love it.
1. Too laggy. I heard it causes crashes often.

2. Would be a really good t weapon. If anyone had access to it, and it spawned like discombobs and smokes, it would be a shitshow in every crowded room or area.

3. Prop disguiser seems like a good idea.

4. This would be a really good t weapon, especially for those who like to silently pick off people.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Yes to 1,2,3,4 seems like a nice addition to add
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I'm all for more detective weapons/items, but I personally feel a bit iffy about the two you've included here.

For the briefcase, is it(or at least can it be) limited in the amount of ammo it gives, or is it just an infinite ammo box pool? If infinite with no way to cap it, it could potentially be a tool for griefing the server with one person repeatedly spamming an infinite number of boxes into existence. Then again I don't know how much strain ammo boxes put on the server, so for all I know that's a non-issue. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, potentially infinite spawning just concerns me.)

The riot shield; A way to increase detective survival is nice, but how many detectives will immediately buy the shield and use it and nothing else to feel safe? Sure, that's more a fault of the player than the item, but still. Also if it's the same riot shield I'm thinking of it also prevents the player from seeing the name of whoever they're looking at. Overall, I'm just wondering how useful this item will be, or if it will instead be a liability more often than not.

For the actual T items, and forgive me for going out of order:
I like the idea of a headcrab launcher, since assuming it's the one I'm thinking of not only are the headcrabs it spawns dangerous, but the actual headcrab container itself is capable of getting kills as it lands. Might be potentially dangerous in T on T rdm tho with the delay, and I can only assume it would be absolutely worthless on a completely or mostly indoor map.

Flashbang, I don't know. Could be nice to cause some chaos, maybe even extremely fun on perilous maps like rooftops and canyon, and in general I don't see any reason why not to add it. Maybe it could even add in a passive counter item such as sunglasses that both Ts and Detectives could buy, idk. All in all, I don't see anything here that concerns me.

Prop disguiser, sure, why not. Not sure if I see too many people buying this, but I'm sure we currently have less popular items anyway. Would someone be able to use it to turn into a prop and set up a propkill scenario? If it's what I'm thinking of it can also be used to avoid fall damage. (btw, you messed up in your post and the Prop Disguiser link instead links to the headcrab launcher's steam page)

Silent m4a1, again I see no problems here. It's nice to have T weapons that look like regular weapons until fired. And silent weapons in general are fun when they cause panic in people unsure of where they're getting hurt from.
The headcrab launcher was on the server for a limited time and I wouldn’t really want it back tbh. Flash bang is fun to use except when you flash yourself but still would be a good addon. Prop disguiser is fun to play with would be pretty cool addon.
(10-15-2017, 03:23 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: +1 for headcrab launcher and prop disguiser ;) love it.

KEEP TTT PROP HUNT FREE
(10-15-2017, 06:00 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: I'm all for more detective weapons/items, but I personally feel a bit iffy about the two you've included here.

For the briefcase, is it(or at least can it be) limited in the amount of ammo it gives, or is it just an infinite ammo box pool? If infinite with no way to cap it, it could potentially be a tool for griefing the server with one person repeatedly spamming an infinite number of boxes into existence. Then again I don't know how much strain ammo boxes put on the server, so for all I know that's a non-issue. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, potentially infinite spawning just concerns me.)

The riot shield; A way to increase detective survival is nice, but how many detectives will immediately buy the shield and use it and nothing else to feel safe? Sure, that's more a fault of the player than the item, but still. Also if it's the same riot shield I'm thinking of it also prevents the player from seeing the name of whoever they're looking at. Overall, I'm just wondering how useful this item will be, or if it will instead be a liability more often than not.

You are right to question these instances. I believe the briefcase only gives a small pool of ammo. Then it's use is basically over with.

For the riot shield, those are good questions. I myself have not seen this in action and ask the same things.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]