Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-entering: Ban requests
As mkkay said on her previos post in here, she expresed that we, lower staff members should use ban request on the forums to ban someone when any hogher staff isnt on. And while i agree with this concern, i still have problem: Lets suppouse you are playing peacfully, then some dush comes and you have to ban him. No higher staff on, and you are toó lazy to click out from the gane and.go to the forums. Then film a ban request, but... Oh no!, he left, and you forgot his steam id. And, when you try to search him on your recently played lista, he doesnt apper. Oh well, he is just gone.
Then it happens again, with the same guy and scenario. Then again, and yet again.

It has happend to me a lot, so... I came up with a posible solution. If you look back, i madre a post explainimg my idea of extra commands to go to the forums. Why not make some command that bring up a menu with gaps to film in stuff, the id and name are already covered, and you just need to add in the pther stuff.
This could be for regulars, donors, Trusted and T-mods, since they cant ban.
I will look for the command for this, and if i dont find, im going to do it my self.

P.D. this is say longer than i planned it to be, oh well, you already read all of that.
this was officially official.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
i like that idea
I understand where you are coming from, but honestly it does not take a lot of time to tab out to forums and do all that. 
First you open their steam profile then you get their id from that. Collecting their ID is a part of getting evidence. Also most people tend to break the rules over enough time to do all this.

Being too lazy shouldn't warrant an action.

Although I do understand where the idea could be useful, but I don't think there's a command that automatically gets steam id for you. Even for bansteamid we need to search for it manually. So that's still a thing you will need to find on your own.
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
-1.. Not to be rude, but this is a bunch of extra things we don't need. The steamID is given twice in game, (i.e. Connecting/Disconnecting). Finding the steamID even if you don't get it from one of those two points, doesn't make it impossible. You look their name up on here by copy/pasting their profile link and it gives all the things needed. You also don't have to tab out for these things, there is a in-game steam browser that works perfectly. Esp for forums. This just looks like people are being lazy and not wanting to do their job... Staff applied for their position in, they need to take initiative and do what they signed up for.
Being lazy isn't an excuse not to make a ban request.
Ok, ok, i understand. I need to be less lazy about my work here

You really shouldn't have this problem since you applied and wanted this job, laziness should not be a problem with you since you think you can handle staff.

:/
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(10-16-2017, 06:28 PM)Rodri Wrote: You really shouldn't have this problem since you applied and wanted this job, laziness should not be a problem with you since you think you can handle staff.

:/

I know, i know, i need to get less lazy at my work, im sorry for this shit post