Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH]
I have to say with these rulechanges, I do absolutely not mind the RDM and leaf change. However the ghosting one has me slightly concerned.

I personally find it a good tactic to just give the person who did the ghosting (Obvious unintentional) a quick warning by pm, through voice chat or through normal chat (Or all 3). In terms of malicious ghosting I honestly do think the Permaban is justified. While I can see why these rulechanges were made, to stop older players migrating from the server to others if they slip up here, I do genuinly believe that breaking one of the, what I refer to as, foundational rules should result in a permanent ban. This in turn can be overturned by a unban request and I'd say to a mediocere(<-I do not know how to spell that and I am not googling) reputation among staff as a respectfull member of the community.

I do say I support the accidental ghosting version. In the rage of the moment things can be said and if it seems the person in question is not aware what ghosting is or not conditioned to our play on it, I support avoiding a ban in favor of making certain this player is aware that its an offense he/she can receive a permanent ban from the server for. However I am quick to say that ghosting in between friends IS malicious, for wich I would say a permanent ban is justified, as they use whatever to gain an unfair advantage over others. For wich I vieuw them in the same boat as Hackers.

Anyway, thats my take on what I have read so far.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - by King Tiger Ace Fasda22 - 10-21-2017, 08:20 AM