Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove or Significantly Nerf the Locomotive
It has come to my atteion that everyone has been hating the locomotive lately. I have come here to make a formal request to either remove or significantly nerf the Locomotive 12 gauge. The primary issue with this weapon is that no one has a chance living against this weapon up to about a medium range. This weapon should either be removed, or nerfed due to it's rediculous range, and damage without the effective range being changed.
Intel Inside. ©
+1 to nerfing range a bit, -1 to damage. :P Loco loser for life.
Heres what I think you can do with it

Remove it
Make it a slug gun. One single slug.
Make it hard to get since its so op. Make it unbox only.
Nerf it a TON.

For me at least, it takes the fun out of the game. To be one popped from 5 inches away but someone who thinks they got a cool kill.
This man speaks to my heart.

+1 for remove or major nerf
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
-1 loco is fine to me only change the range other than that its perfectly fine
A GUN SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT TO OPTAIN *AND* BE OP. That is the worst model that can be used. All guns should be comparable. You want it so that everyone can choose a gun based on there preference. All shotguns are hard to fight in close range, which shotguns should be. But you shouldnt be able to one shot body shot. This basically allows a T to "Knife" someone, although loudly. Plenty of times i am having fun doing something then bam dead. That should only be doable with a knife. Or an accurate well placed skill shot with a deagle or sniper. Not getting bodyshot by someone who cant use another gun since the shotgun dominates everyother gun. There really isnt much you can do with the shotguns without removal of them do to the overall close quarter combat 90% of TTT maps mainly occur in. A shotgun should be good at close range, yet you should be at risk of getting caught in the open or out gunned by a rifle or even an SMG at longer ranges. But with how both TTT maps and the design of the shotguns, there is no risk. There is no reason you use another gun. Except a sniper rifle at extreme distances for a small amount of maps. Even then a shotgun can easily be used to good effect. Too many times someone kills everyone as T with a shotgun, mainly the locomotive. The locomotive, being how it is, should do more damage then a normal shotgun at super close differences, but be nearly useless past the distance of a section of the main underground hallway in 67th way. While the normal shotguns should beable to do ok at a longer range, maybe down to the water T drowning trap if you are in main ladder entrance area. The pump maybe could have a bit longer range or more ammo since it fires slower. Now, do to the nature of the game, most engagements are at close range, since you cant shoot someone unless they start the conflict. So you again, 9 times outta 10 a T will be close to someone and start shooting, making rifles and smg's near useless on most maps. Even a group of people can be taken out from a suprise shotgun attack. Which makes doing changes to the shotgun near impossible without straight up removing it or making it near useless.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
+1 Major Nerf
Yea the loco isnt remotely close to other shotguns in damage and it sometimes takes the fun out of the game, not only is it easy to obtain its op and like blackcat said is used by people who arent good with other guns, im all for keeping it but it definitely should be nerfed
-1 from this loco user, its not a 100% guaranteed kill every time, even if you're close enough to suck their tiddies, as all shotguns are, its never the same amount of damage every shot, almost never is it a kill from full health, heck if they're wounded its only about a 50/50 chance that its gonna end up killing them in one shot, and this is experience from using the loco since around april

maybe nerf the range a bit, but completely reworking/removing it is not necessary
[Image: giphy.gif]
I use the Loco depending on map and i think the dmg should be nerfed, it is essietially loud knife. Although, sometimes it is kinda innaccurate, i don't have a problem with the range but if its gonna keep that dDMG then yeah nerf the rnage, otherwise nerf the dmg to where its not insta. Give someone a chance to defend against it and maybe nerf the other shitguns to compare it to.
===========================

https://soundcloud.com/officialazul |
===========================
The m24 is well balanced. Not a one hit but does more than the scout, like it should.
The bullshite is well balanced. 2 hit bodyshot, like a 44 would.
The m14 is well balanced, does appropriate damage for being semi-automatic.

Shotguns are what shotguns are meant to be, OP up close. I do not see the point in having an OP version of a gun that is already in an OP class.
To say the loco has a 50/50 chance of killing an injured player might be true, when fighting from a distance. But thats not how its used and you know it. Its used point blank 95% of the time and is a 1 hit 99% of the time.

At least with the xm25 there would be a gun fight. People have a chance. With the loco its instant death. Its not fun, it takes many other aspects out of the game.