Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove or Significantly Nerf the Locomotive
The loco gives you almost 0 chance to respond. Even if the first shot doesn’t kill you the 2nd will. Most of the time the 1st does. But reducing the range and reducing damage would be great. I also like the idea of making it have only 1 in the chamber at a time.
Shotguns as a whole need slight tweaking to still function as a close range dominant and also not peck away health from long range too quickly. But yes the Locomotive shotgun has an absolutely ridiculous advantage closerange, oneshotting even armored players. The whole idea of having a weapon this powerful closerange in a game where you cannot kill someone for getting within killing distance of the weapon, you have to hope for an error or run away as soon as you see one, either way its a temporary fix to an easy problem. Lowering the pellets fired, or even tweaking the pellet damage would do wonders for balancing the shotguns. I recommend 8.5 damage per pellet it keeps damage long range to minimum while keeping the power of the medium to close range still making them two shot weapons with proper shot placement.
What have I been telling you little shit brain dick fucks for DECADES! The loco is a shotgun. Shotguns should be powerful. But in a video game where you can stroll up to another player without consequence, (unless you've been KOS'ed) and get as cozy and close to them as you want it gives a huge advantage to the player with the one hit body cannon. And loco players are well aware of that. That is precisely why they follow people into rooms and corner them with as little space as possible, or when they do the "Heeeeey cmere buddy~" Shtick and chase after you incessantly to get as close as possible. There is about a 90% success rate of one shotting any and all enemy players from that close range. Mix that in with our map pool of pretty confined maps with the exception like rooftops or Amsterville. Even then once you go indoors on those open maps you run the same risk. Its a popular gun people like, and it closes the skill gap between players somewhat. But for all the wrong reasons. Too much power, and too many advantages in this game mode with these maps.
Since we mentioned the Bullshite, it also needs a change, since instead of recoil it has View Punch which has the gun return to the EXACT position to were you fired your first shot, Which is a no no. The deagle has recoil and if the bullshite is gonna need to be a gun people would have to choose over the other one shot head shot skill cannon (Although bullshite right now isnt a skill cannon since bodyshotting is easy) It needs to get recoil along with it's view punch.

Thomas here sees what i am saying and the overall problems with how shotguns function in this game. Basically loud knifes, which isnt good for this game.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
+1 from a longtime shotgun slut. I've always used the pump shotgun or regular shotgun, but never the Loco. I hate it. I think it's overpowered because all someone has to do is walk right next to you with it and then one shot you. You can't do anything about it because as an innocent, you can't attack first. You just have to accept getting one hit killed. In this regard, the locomotive shotgun is quite similar to the knife. The knife is a one hit kill weapon that only requires a close range to kill. However, the great thing about the knife is that you can only buy a SINGLE KNIFE every round as a T. However, the Locomotive has 4 shots in a magazine and plenty of extra ammo. This is ridiculous. Properly done, a player could get upwards of 6 easy one hit kills. That makes the Locomotive SIX TIMES more powerful than the knife. That's just ridiculous.

The locomotive can hardly be compared to a regular shotgun. Other shotguns are only rarely one hit weapons, and often require a head shot (skill required) to actually get that one hit kill. The locomotive, on the other hand, can get a one hit shot off by hitting the left foot of a player. That doesn't make much sense. Additionally, the locomotive, which allegedly requires a close range to do damage, manages to do significant (20+) damage to players from distances of over 30 feet. Something that is expected to be wildly inaccurate at those ranges shouldn't be putting a player down to hurt or wounded.

It's abundantly clear that the locomotive needs to be removed or nerfed to make it equivalent to the strength of other shotguns. The only people that are actually defending the locomotive are those that use it regularly. Yes, Penny, Helen, and Starky, I'm looking at you.
(10-22-2017, 12:25 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: +1 from a longtime shotgun slut. I've always used the pump shotgun or regular shotgun, but never the Loco. I hate it. I think it's overpowered because all someone has to do is walk right next to you with it and then one shot you. You can't do anything about it because as an innocent, you can't attack first. You just have to accept getting one hit killed. In this regard, the locomotive shotgun is quite similar to the knife. The knife is a one hit kill weapon that only requires a close range to kill. However, the great thing about the knife is that you can only buy a SINGLE KNIFE every round as a T. However, the Locomotive has 4 shots in a magazine and plenty of extra ammo. This is ridiculous. Properly done, a player could get upwards of 6 easy one hit kills. That makes the Locomotive SIX TIMES more powerful than the knife. That's just ridiculous.

The locomotive can hardly be compared to a regular shotgun. Other shotguns are only rarely one hit weapons, and often require a head shot (skill required) to actually get that one hit kill. The locomotive, on the other hand, can get a one hit shot off by hitting the left foot of a player. That doesn't make much sense. Additionally, the locomotive, which allegedly requires a close range to do damage, manages to do significant (20+) damage to players from distances of over 30 feet. Something that is expected to be wildly inaccurate at those ranges shouldn't be putting a player down to hurt or wounded.

It's abundantly clear that the locomotive needs to be removed or nerfed to make it equivalent to the strength of other shotguns. The only people that are actually defending the locomotive are those that use it regularly. Yes, Penny, Helen, and Starky, I'm looking at you.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(10-22-2017, 12:21 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: Since we mentioned the Bullshite, it also needs a change, since instead of recoil it has View Punch which has the gun return to the EXACT position to were you fired your first shot, Which is a no no. The deagle has recoil and if the bullshite is gonna need to be a gun people would have to choose over the other one shot head shot skill cannon (Although bullshite right now isnt a skill cannon since bodyshotting is easy) It needs to get recoil along with it's view punch.

Thomas here sees what i am saying and the overall problems with how shotguns function in this game. Basically loud knifes, which isnt good for this game.

I can always make a seperate thread for the bullshite, let's focus on the loco first.
Intel Inside. ©
I say we give the loco a scope, increase the clip and magezine size, and make it triple the damage.
(10-22-2017, 12:53 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: I say we give the loco a scope, increase the clip and magezine size, and make it triple the damage.

i would be on suicide watch if that happened or never get on
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I say change it to a slug gun. that's more fun. It does suck to get blasted by it, but it is a shot gun. imagine getting shot buy a 12ga with 00 buck relatively close. that's what shotguns do.  +1 for the slug gun change