Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling detective rule adjust
1. So there is a huge annoyance that happens QUITE often, and one being that when a tester is pulled out, and someone says to player "Test or KOS" a different player will then intervene making it difficult for player in question to test, thus interferring in an investigation. 

2. Testing mulitple times in a row making a tester useless and wasting a credit. I find this to be trolling since there is no other reason that seems reasonable to test more than once, let alone 3 times especially after they've been asked to stop.

3. Testing as Innocent / Detective then destroying tester because "they're proven". Also, not a good reason by any means to do this so i would have to say this is trolling.

Points made here are all leading for a reason to adjust the rules and if i could suggest i would say 

- Testing more than once is considered trolling and should be a slay.
 - Interferring with a "Test or KOS" should be given a warning then slay for continuous trolling.
 - Destroying tester as a "proven" should be given a warning then slay for continuous trolling.

Anything else that people would like to add to this i'd like to hear their suggestions, as these are mine. Even if it's just adjusting mine, share them please. It should make the game a bit more civil and give the role of detective a little bit more fun.
===========================

https://soundcloud.com/officialazul |
1. Sometimes when mic spam is real, someone might do it by accident
2. Lag can delay the test, or sometimes not make it happen in the first place
3. It is a KOS already.
I'm not saying this forum is flawed, I am saying this from experience.
Although an issue I see, is when people run away with the tester, so people don't test -- This should be made into a KOS.

^^ This isn't part of my -1
The only reason I would say -1 is, because it would add even more stress to staff for no reason.
Intel Inside. ©
1. Talking about obviously being heard and called out, nothing about mic spam.
2. If lag is so bad you follow the detective and harrass the tester then damn.
3. I know its a KOS but when they are obviously proven then like i said it's trolling.

I don't find this to be stressful at all. Trolling makes it stressful for everyone. I'm suggesting this so people can possibly start becoming more civil and actually have a good role to play.

(10-24-2017, 12:05 AM)Mr. Final Wrote: 1. Talking about obviously being heard and called out, nothing about mic spam.
2. If lag is so bad you follow the detective and harrass the tester then damn.
3. I know its a KOS but when they are obviously proven then like i said it's trolling.

I don't find this to be stressful at all. Trolling makes it stressful for everyone. I'm suggesting this so people can possibly start becoming more civil and actually have a good role to play.

Here's what I mean by lag: It's when you press 'e' and nothing happens.
And by the mic spam I meant, if like 20 people are talking, I bet there will be that 1 dect who says test or kos in the mic spam, and then someone else clicks it.
Intel Inside. ©
yea i dont see a reason to change the rules it would make testing way to complacated
I love the detective test or kos. Its one of the many aspects of the game. If you are a T and you see a detective at the start of the round you have three choices

1 RUN
2 Fall victim to the test or kos and die
3 killem asap

Another aspect is the fruitcake who always comes and grabs the tester while you are trying to test or kos someone. Killem for that interfering with a detectives test or kos.
Its kind of hard to explain..? idk
You can’t kill people for running with the tester. That’s why I like doing it
On the topic of multiple tester use...guest players may be severely confused when it comes to testers, especially if they do not pay attention to chat. I don't support the rule that the constant use of the port. tester is trolling.

This is the first server I've seen with it on and I took a while to grasp the concept.

But it doesn't end there.

I understand the annoyance of provens maliciously making the game harder for people, but I think once it has been confirmed that a tested person has been proven, they should be treated as regular players who have not, in the sense that if they break detective equipment, they will still be killed.

The warning + slay thing for testers is a little authoritarian to me, considering we have so many rules already embedded into the server. I think the Detectives should handle it on a small warning system, then KOS the interferer, as opposed to having staff deal with it. Staff won't always be around, and I know for a fact they will not all staff will keep their eye out on detective equipment.

In a sense...

The Detective assumes the risks and consequences of placing their items down whenever they buy them. That includes the 'trolling' and 'interference'. But that does not mean that they cannot defend their items.

(I must add, all the stuff above isn't matching with the rules we have, but they are suggestions to better combat this.)

Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
i really wish you could kill people who steal the tester or test 3 times to break it.... its breaking it like come on

I usually test or kos the person running away with it though and if they keep running they can't test ;)
Alright, thanks for the inputs. I was just suggesting like i said. I don't wanna complicate i was just trying to maybe implement some authority to a detective because after all, he IS a detective. lol. Appreciate it though, you all made pretty good points. How about instead of rule breaking though, can someone who purposely does troll can they be KOS by Detective then? I'm not sure where the rules fall for that cause its like destroying the tester by proxy.