Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was something I was wondering about
So being staff on PH I have binds for certain things on ph, but when I go on ttt am I ever allowed to use them? say if someone is mic spamming am I just allowed to press the bind so that they stop or what?
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Per the TTT staff guidelines:
"8. Staff Impersonation
Staff impersonation isn’t really a problem most of the time. Most players are capable of understanding when someone is joking. They can also tell from the tab menu who actually is or is not staff. The only time this should yield a punishment is if the person in question is being completely serious and actually convincing people they are staff. Just gag or mute accordingly until they stop. If they don’t stop after a few warnings it can probably be considered trolling at that point."

Telling them not to do XYZ would be ok I would assume.
Threatening punishment would be considered impersonating staff.
If staff is on just let them handle it.

(Just my 2 cents)
No... you're not staff let the staff do their job you don't need to use your binds in TTT... If a staff member is alive and someone is chatspamming or micspamming use the @ staff chat and tell them to gag/mute the person, there is a reason that is in place.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I would tell people to stop micspamming/chatspammimg when I was a regular and if it didn’t work the staff on would usually take care of it, so I’m pretty sure it’s fine
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-01-2017, 10:07 AM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: I would tell people to stop micspamming/chatspammimg when I was a regular and if it didn’t work the staff on would usually take care of it, so I’m pretty sure it’s fine

You could say "chill before the staff get you" that is fine but if you have a bind spamming "DONT MIC SPAM OR CHAT SPAM" That is not fine, that's impersonating staff to some degree and also trying to suck up to Staff.
U callin me a suck up
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-01-2017, 10:12 AM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: U callin me a suck up

I can give you a soft maybe on that.
You can use your binds as long as they aren't trying to convince others you are actually staff. I'm pretty sure the PH ones just say stop mic spamming or you will be muted/gagged which isn't a really a problem since you can't do anything about it anyways. As said before you can always @ chat the staff online and let them deal with it if someone in spectator is spamming and the staff member is alive.
(11-01-2017, 09:56 AM)Camo Wrote: Per the TTT staff guidelines:
"8. Staff Impersonation
Staff impersonation isn’t really a problem most of the time. Most players are capable of understanding when someone is joking. They can also tell from the tab menu who actually is or is not staff. The only time this should yield a punishment is if the person in question is being completely serious and actually convincing people they are staff. Just gag or mute accordingly until they stop. If they don’t stop after a few warnings it can probably be considered trolling at that point."

Telling them not to do XYZ would be ok I would assume.
Threatening punishment would be considered impersonating staff.
If staff is on just let them handle it.

(Just my 2 cents)

Tronald.. Its a PH staff rule.                                                                                                                                                                                
13. Do NOT impersonate staff.

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification to change name
Punishment 1: Kick
Punishment 2: Permanent Ban
Holy shit that is pretty harsh ^ I am gonna nerf that. *EDIT* Rule has been updated.
Gotta say I honestly don't see what the problem would be here. I just don't see the difference between using a bind warning of a rule and saying/typing something about it to the person breaking rules. Or maybe it's just that I don't see this as staff impersonation. Idk, I see that more as when someone actively says that they are x staff position to fool random guests when no actual staff are on to intimidate them or to harass them, not using a bind to point out rules that someone is currently breaking.