Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bringing back the dead
(11-28-2017, 03:11 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: How ironic. You could save other threads from being necroed, but not this one. Nice necro of a dead thread.

It's only 4 days.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(11-28-2017, 03:53 PM)Petals Wrote: It's only 4 days.

"As far as I recalled if the thread is active then it's okay. If it's dead, recreate one."

This thread was not active, so according to you, this thread is dead. If something is dead, it doesn't matter how long it's been dead.
So when does a thread truly die? A month? A week? A day? An hour? So long as there is still a conversation to be had the thread should not be dead.

I guess this might be a good time to further explain my pro-necro stance. Just because someone is late to the party, does this mean they can't voice their opinion? Is it truly better to remake a dead thread instead of reviving it, leading to there being multiple threads all about the exact same topic? So long as someone still has something to say the conversation should be allowed to continue. Meanwhile, what does commenting on a post being a necro contribute to the discussion other than derail any discussion that might have been sparked by the necro?
(11-28-2017, 10:56 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: So when does a thread truly die? A month? A week? A day? An hour? So long as there is still a conversation to be had the thread should not be dead.

I guess this might be a good time to further explain my pro-necro stance. Just because someone is late to the party, does this mean they can't voice their opinion? Is it truly better to remake a dead thread instead of reviving it, leading to there being multiple threads all about the exact same topic? So long as someone still has something to say the conversation should be allowed to continue. Meanwhile, what does commenting on a post being a necro contribute to the discussion other than derail any discussion that might have been sparked by the necro?

In a literal since if I showed up late to a party that's already over it wouldn't go well. 

Basically, if your post will contribute to and further a discussion, fine. If its just to slide in 2 cents then don't bother necroing. Really you have to think about what you intend to post and if its "valuable" to the conversation. (valuable for lack of a better word, relevant? )

Same principle goes into remaking a thread.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon