Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chair Launcher (Detective Weapon)
This is kind of a silly weapon. It's a chair launcher weapon.

Positives:
It doesn't have any custom models so it doesn't add to the DL.
It add's props but the chairs can break so they don't get in the way or block paths
Customizable damage and force
You attack people with chairs

Negatives:
Chair puns are likely
It does not credit the person using it with the kill. This isn't always the best for RDM situations, but it's not usually too difficult to see who was holding the giant launcher that makes a fairly loud noise as well as you can always still utilize the death scene to see it.

No but in all seriousness, if you guys wanted it, I have it. I dind't originally create the weapon. I just modified it to be a TTT weapon and be detective specific.
Let’s not give people something to crash the server with
What happened to picking up a chair with the magneto stick and throwing it at someone?
So does it spawn and shoot a chair that breaks? If so not a terrible idea for the low skilled prop killers but taking into account the crashing mentioned, ammo would have to be limited to about 2. Also I think this is a huge invitiation for detective RDM.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(12-14-2017, 10:39 AM)City Wrote: So does it spawn and shoot a chair that breaks? If so not a terrible idea for the low skilled prop killers but taking into account the crashing mentioned, ammo would have to be limited to about 2. Also I think this is a huge invitiation for detective RDM.

The chairs breaks 99% of the time. Never had this thing crash the server. I've used car and vending machine entities even. Seriously there is virtually no risk of this crashing the server if those ptops didnt.
-snip-
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(12-14-2017, 11:57 AM)Christian Wrote: What's wrong with the poltergeist?

It's a T weapon not a Detective weapon. Poltergeist wouldn't really work well as a Detective weapon in my opinion.
yeah no, i only see it aiding in rdm and crashing
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
(12-14-2017, 03:55 PM)DaKody the Reindeer Wrote: yeah no, i only see it aiding in rdm and crashing

I mean do you have players often crash the server when they magnetostick a breakable chair? If you don't want it that's fine, but it doesn't crash servers unless Dinkleburg's TTT is more susceptible to crash from breakable props than other servers. I've seen it used a few hundred times and never saw it cause a crash. Even when we modified it to shoot much bigger props much faster. Valid point though. It can aid RDM but again it's a Detective weapon and extremely easy to spot and understand where it was used and how.