Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you choose your screen name?
I dunno how I got mine tbh.
former admin2
The eternity of this name has 2 stories, one short, the other a little bit longer.

Back all the way to the dark year of... I think between 2002 and 2004, when I caught glimpse of this MMORPG my brother played. I found the game to be interesting in the way of it was completely on-line with so many other people. (Runescape ofcourse) This concept was new to me and I failed to think of a nickname for my charachter. Eventually after around... 5 minutes or so I thought of a solution. I would simply drop my left hand on a few keys on the left side of the keyboard and I would stick with that nickname. This turned out to become fasda. Problem was fasda was already taken but the game gave me a short list of names similar and still free. One of these was fasda22, I chose this because of ease to remember, two two's added to fasda easy to remember. Ever since I have used Fasda22 on-line as I grew very attached to the name and it has become my on-line "Personality".

The King Tiger Ace part is a reference to one of my previous favorite games (This is also the case for Tiger Ace Fasda22 if anyone remembers that name) World of Tanks. Now I do not play that game anymore, but by far my favorite vehicle to drive was the Tiger II because of how well I could do in that machine. I loved the Tiger II to death and its crew was the highest level crew of my entire roster of crews. I referred to these guys as my "Aces of aces" because with a friend we had made a little group and we had decided that if a crew had 1,5 crew skills, they would be aces. This crew however has 3 skills, so I thought of the suffix Ace of Aces and it was there boom. Anyway trailing off. After I had discovered War Thunder and its dedication to have Ground Forces (At the time I started it was a plane-only game) I started playing it more and more. And after the German and Russian ground forces were released... I was hell-bent on getting my favorite vehicles from World of Tanks, the Tiger I and Tiger II. I originally stayed with just Tiger Ace Fasda22 because of how I enjoyed the Tiger I (The grind to the Tiger II was long so I had plenty of time to mess around with the good ol' Tiger I). I decided to change the name because of another player that was actively playing on dinks as well who had Tiger in the name and there was alooot of confusion when a Tiger got called out. So just for that when he was online I changed the name to something else, FlaK Tower (Love these things) fasda22, StuG Ace Fasda22. Eventually I had changed it to King Tiger Ace Fasda22 and for the sake of being lazy decided to keep this.

So there ya go. The history of the name of a Dutchman accused of being Belgian.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Mine originated from a Team Fortress 2 VSH Boss. The full name was too fucking long to have with server Clan Tags back in the day, so it was just reduced to Christian.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Freak...tal_Sniper
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
CHRISTIAN BRUTAL SNIPER

WELL I told this story in the discord but I might as well put it in here
My steam account is the only account I have not under this name, but on every other accounts it's "helenhelenmoocow"
So how this came about was that I was on a road trip to Disney, and I realized that I had forgotten my tumblr password so I couldn't use my original email, so I made one for tumblr that involved cows because we were passing a field of cows at the time I got inspired, so when creating my username I thought "make it something like your email so you don't forget that it has a new email" and that's what I did, and since "helenmoocow" was taken I just added another helen to it (since that's my name, obviously"
How these emotes came into my name? So I had this thing where I'd put the emotes that any of my SO's had in there name into mine, so we could go on the server and be like "oh yeah we dating" (cringey, I know) and my ex took them out of his name a little while before we broke up and I chose to keep them because I thought they were cute, the last one was a THICC plus sign and I don't think I'll ever take these out of my name lmao
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-17-2017, 12:31 PM)Christmas Deadpool Wrote: I dunno how I got mine tbh.
but seriously...
Back when I made my steam account my name was "HDstyles360"(cringy, I know). I wanted to change it so I did "feuer"(fire in german), the name couldn't be pronounced well by players, so I tested to see if you could have any name. Since I liked Deadpool, I changed it to Deadpool. I was too lazy to change it agian, so here we are.
former admin2
I wanted to rid of old ties from my old TTT server, so cleared out friends list, name change history and games. Along the way I was eating chicken noodle soup from Panera and I knew I wanted a clean name meaning, no numbers or acronyms, so I thought Soup!
[Image: V3riwMP.jpg]A Bowl Of Soup
[Image: dinks.jpg]

In length,
My signature contains the three names I still go by.

The first, matt_st3, is the oldest name I still have. When I originally started playing on a computer it was always some variation like MatthewSt3, which finally settled at matt_st3 when I made my first email. Matthew is my first name, which ive grown to shorten to Matt as Matthew has always struck me as a younger name. St begins my last name, and 3 was a random number, likely because it rhymed. I believe my runescape account was this, and I played evony with those variations. 

The next was when I was a bit older and got an Xbox 360, which was at Christmas when Halo Reach came out. I was setting up it and my live account at the same, I got a generic name like CurelessStatue46 or some number like that. I changed it to Spartan001295 for Halo since I didn't realize my account name wouldn't change per game. Spartan001, the original name attempted, was already taken so I added 295 from a family members phone number. 

A few years later, if my timeline is correct, the next account a made was on a mobile game called Lords and Knights, a castle based strategy game. I played for 3 years, with a few different groups that I moved around in with a core group of friends I made in the game. This was the first game I played that involved actual interaction with the same online players for a long enough time to get to know them. As such, the nickname Strongrule that I used (based off the two words strong and rule since it was a castle/lord game) became my first real online persona. 

About the time I left that I made this steam account. I had been playing computer games before, but always a disk and finally had a computer of my own (my mac that I originally played this server with) and it didn't have a disk drive. spartan001 became my username with my "steam nickname" being matt_st3.
In college (now) I got a ps4 and named the profile Strongrule, perhaps because I got it with Rainbow 6 which one of the friends from the mobile game had suggested to me. I don't know why the ps4 got the persona and the steam didn't at this point.
From there I played things that really weren't actually interactive on steam until this gmod community. After I played for awhile and joined the community I decided to add Strongrule to the steam name as a way to finally link the 3 names and add my persona name into the community. I was going to change it to just Strongrule, but too many people know me as matt_st3 (really just matt) in this community now so it only got added. 

In short,
matt_st3 is the oldest name and persona I have that I use for many things, Spartan001295 is the impersonal handle that is my xbox tag and username to steam, and Strongrule became my persona that represents the more grown/mature me that I am today.
But y'all know me as matt so that stuck

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
So there i was, sitting by a dim fire one Thursday evening during winter. The weather outside was pouring rain. there was not much sound except the crackling of the fire. no one was at home except for me and my cat. He was curled up of the chair next to me while i was trying to figure out what game to play. There was a red tint in the room from my curtains and the fire. I then had a thought. WHAT IF RAPTORS HAD AFROS HOLY SHIT HOW FUCKIN BADASS I NEED TO USE THIS AS MY NAME!
Mines super boring. My media teacher could never pronounce my name and instead of Natalie called me Nartalie which turned into my friends giving me the nickname Narrr.
I've had several names before, first one was back in the newground's golden age, something like SSgt Lawl or something (mind you i was maybeee 10, 11?) then after that i changed my name to Metronome for my love of music, as i was learning to play the Viola and read music. After that i think I went through my cringe phase and called my Self Mozilla/Mozy the Fox. Fun times. Kind of sparked by my love for foxes, they are hella cute. When i grew out of that scene kid phase I was heavy into ska punk music, so i found that combining the Two made for a cool name; "Foxska". People got confused on how to pronounce it though so i wound up taking the 's' out. And It's been Foxka for about 8 years now i think.