Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation
Not the one involving Kayne. Just graduated as of December 21st from my high school. January the 9th is when class activities (and my college academic carrer) start at the college level. Advice appreciated.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
Congrats!! I hope your next journey in your educational career goes well.  :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
Good Luck! Only advice is to not overload yourself with classes, and to never, ever, drink Natty Light.
Don't skip a single class ever. Not even once.

Once you skip you realize that there are no direct consequences like in highschool, nobody cares if you show up or not in college so you have a lot more freedom. Almost everybody who drops out of college realizes this fact and starts skipping one class then it snowballs.

I recommend keeping all your classes to 2-3 days overall; keeping those days full schoolwork days will make it feel more like high school (which is fresh in your mind) and prevent you from doing college work every single day of the week. (this tip is mainly personal preference).

Prepare for a lot more work than high school; i'm talking like 10x the work easily. Use your college resources if you have them at your school, that means go to the math tutors and writing tutors any time you have a problem. Most of those people went through the exact same class and probably the same professors so they know exactly how to help you and actually care about doing it. On the topic of professors I would recommend trying to get on their good side as much as possible, being a kiss ass (in a good way) always helps you down the road.

Most importantly though, have fun. No matter if you're dorming at a university or driving to a cc, find a group to hang out with and enjoy the party life. People say college is the best time of your life for a reason, take advantage of your new found freedom and make mistakes, take chances, try new things, jump outside of your bubble, and don't let stress get to you, everybody around you is carrying it too.
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
My advice is to never take classes you aren't interested in
(12-23-2017, 01:01 AM)Foxka Wrote: My advice is to never take classes you aren't interested in

No offense but that's really bad advice for almost all majors. Most majors are going to require you take a few awful classes that you're not gonna be interested in even if you really love the field you'll be able to work in afterwards.
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
Best of luck, and Congrats to you!
Grind - make yourself do the homework, study - literally no one pushes you to do it 

tho to reword what foxka said, pick a major you actually like / good at so you don't take (as many) bad classes

Edit: natty is the first beer a freshman will drink, like a rite of passage - its cheap and bad but your first year you wont care until you've tasted the better stuff. Once you're 21

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Questions
1. Do you know what to major in?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What don't you enjoy doing?

2. Have you spoken to a counselor yet? (they typically help in deciding a major)

3. What kind of college are you going to? (community or other)

4. What degree do you plan on getting?

Do
- Take it slow the first semester.
- Get in the habit of making lists of things to complete. 
- Do homework as soon as possible. 
- Figure out if you are eligible for financial aid.
- Use ratemyprofessors.com to have a good idea what to expect from a professor (don't rely on just one comment read multiple)
- Take your prerequisites classes as soon as possible.
- Check if there is a tutoring center (at least for me, I was helped with English essays and math homework.)
- Check if there is a fitness center (working out between classes kept my mind awake)
- Take good notes (WRITE DOWN NOTES)
- When you select a professor, contact them to determine expectations for a class.
- If you are having difficulties in your classes speak with the professor. They are (mostly) there to help you.
- If you become stressed either workout or meditate
- Subscribe to this channel and watch his videos
- Watch this now 

Don't
- Don't fall back on homework assignments (it stacks up if you do).
- DO NOT HOLD A PROJECT OFF UNTIL THE LAST DAY!

Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme...w_college/

MAY EDIT MORE LATER, MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Life is finite.
Congrats to you!! Work hard and don't forget to breathe!