Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and clarifications concerning rules
(01-13-2018, 03:34 PM)mkkay671 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:27 PM)Linfalas Wrote: For the racism part ima put my 2 cents in , 1 its 2019 and the world today takes anything too seriously and drags it on further to make a big scene for various reasons.... and 2 this community talks and responds to eachother via toxicity and racism... I'm sure nobody is offended ( unless they are knew ) but its kinda what the rep is for Dinks and it will always stay like that, its how people communicate around here....

Listen. On prophunt we strongly oppose all ideals of toxicity and racism. The fact that we are associated with TTT and that a staff member over there states that this is what Dinks is known for is upsetting.

This is why the prophunt and TTT communities are as separated as they are.

You kinda can't send a message out there like that Lin. You really can't say Dinks is known for that. If someone were to try something like that on PH they would be punished. I get it, that PH is more based on a younger audience, but that definitely will not be allowed in any form. By "that" I mean racism/sexism/disrespect and etc. I know everyone has a different amount they can tolerate but people should not be forced to tolerate it because a select few in the community think its okay.
(01-13-2018, 03:40 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:34 PM)mkkay671 Wrote: Listen. On prophunt we strongly oppose all ideals of toxicity and racism. The fact that we are associated with TTT and that a staff member states that this is what Dinks is known for is upsetting.

This is why prophunt and TTT are so separated.
You kinda can't send a message out there like that Lin. You really can't say Dinks is known for that. If someone were to try something like that on PH they would be punished. I get it, that PH is more based on a younger audience, but that definitely will not be allowed in any form. By "that" I mean racism/sexism/disrespect and etc. I know everyone has a different amount they can tolerate but people should not be forced to tolerate it because a select few in the community think its okay.

Starky, I agree with you on a lot, and I was also about to say that PH is based on a younger audience. It doesn't take away from the fact that you run a great server and have a great community. Yes TTT is based on an older audience (still have younger kids that come on) and that doesn't excuse racism. Like you said that people should not be forced to tolerate it and that's why there are forums, reports, and staff to come to in the case that you feel disrespected at all. I don't agree with any public form of racism on the server but it happens and when it does, it is taken care of, and in the case that it isn't, that's where the forums come into place and you can make a ban request, a staff abuse post, and etc.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
(01-13-2018, 03:40 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:34 PM)mkkay671 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:27 PM)Linfalas Wrote: For the racism part ima put my 2 cents in , 1 its 2019 and the world today takes anything too seriously and drags it on further to make a big scene for various reasons.... and 2 this community talks and responds to eachother via toxicity and racism... I'm sure nobody is offended ( unless they are knew ) but its kinda what the rep is for Dinks and it will always stay like that, its how people communicate around here....

Listen. On prophunt we strongly oppose all ideals of toxicity and racism. The fact that we are associated with TTT and that a staff member states that this is what Dinks is known for is upsetting.

This is why prophunt and TTT are so separated.

I don't know, the things and shit I see could very much so vary from what you see my dude (If you do read the chats), and I'm "retired" and now I vanish and never return to this thread
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I'm not too sure what to say on this matter, if only because I feel the words used are important to get right with from what I've seen is a bit of a touchy subject. Hell, it seemed like people were celebrating it when the rules were made such that you could freely use the n word so long as you didn't use a hard R at the end.

The thing is that if you constantly say unpleasant things, even if its a joke, you are being unpleasant. Having this unpleasant presence will only drive away new people not in favor of it, as well as regulars if it gets too bad, while drawing in those that might like such an unpleasant presence in earnest, not in a joking manner.

I know those in favor of using such language or ideals regardless of their intent behind using them will argue that those opposed just need to grow a thicker skin or suck it up, but I can't accept that as a valid answer when there exist places where you don't have to deal with such unpleasantness or said unpleasantness is dealt with swiftly that show it isn't needed. Just be conscious of what you're saying and stop to think for a second before you press enter for text chat. Even if nothing is done about it rules wise, just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

I'm also a bit saddened by your viewpoint lin, it seems like such a defeatist perspective. It's only when those who wish for change accept defeat that change can truly never come.
i feel personally that we should be a little more mature as a community. I mean if staff are using such language they should be rightly punished accordingly. we are staff and should be setting an example. we should not be going around willy nilly all over the place. yes it might have been used as a joke but such things should be taken more seriously. If fellow staff are using such language it should be the other staffs job to correct said staff, even if they are friends. it should not be allowed to slide, because such words might not be offensive to you, but it might be offensive to other people/players. the word in question is a derogatory word for african american people during slavery times, so it is understandable to be upset when people are called such things. This is my personal opinion, if anyone has feedback i will gladly accept it, but this is how i feel.
[img][Image: qybUJGf.gif][/img]

2019 *thinks*
As stated by @Woraug in his initial post (quoting me) offensive language in any form isn't allowed on the server. All staff need to be enforcing this rule, if you see staff abusing it (the reason it was changed back in the first place) then SS it and bring it to an admin.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
It's always the intent or meaning behind the word. The word or rather the literal vibration in your ear (or visual letter arrangement for the eye) is not inherently offensive, but rather the meaning behind it. In public it will take on the public context to an outside reader, which with racial slurs or phrasing will take on the public meaning; offensive. The outside viewers that are personally affected by the words, through their own experiences, will be more so affected. Between the friends it holds no offensive value against the receiver, or at least that would be the ideal intention. It's all a matter of perspective and experience, with all parties holding a different view. 
With that being said, words that hold such a negative meaning should not be publically thrown about, given their public connotation. It leads to an, as phrased before, unpleasant image. A public viewer without context will take it by its public meaning. The word may hold no weight between the friends, but does to other viewers. 
Privately is your own decision. If the word holds no value between your friends then it is not offensive in your private setting. For example, If two staff were to go about using the words while the only staff online, no one would know, and nothing would change. Once it spills over to public chat everyone is privy to the conversation and we have this issue. 
At least that's my opinion, why I do not allow such usage on a public server yet do not condemn private groups using it amongst themselves. 

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Sorry that it got so bad it was starting to push you away, Woraug. I think the problem is that no staff member wants to be the bad guy and shut down what some users consider "fun." Apparently, in some twisted minds, calling someone a n word with hard r is funny. As a staff member, I've failed you and have been lax in enforcing anti-racism rules. I'll do better for you and all the other players, because I now know that trying to ignore such behavior is driving away players.

Thank you for making this post.
(01-13-2018, 08:05 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: no staff member wants to be the bad guy

I can be the bad guy.  Two birds with one stone.  It silences the bigots, and reinforces what I've wanted all along.  People to hate other people for who they are.  They could hate and insult me not based on the color of my skin or what gets my dick hard, but hate me because I'm an asshole and a genuinely shitty person.
[Image: image.php]