Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EpicGuy for Admin
Before we begin, I'm aware that Admin is not a position that is typically applied for, but I would like to think that a new precedent has been created. At the end of the day, I will be the community's Admin, and they should have a say in this application. Christian's departure has made the upper staff an even number of people (including Dinkleberg and DaKody, it'd still be an even number) and I'd like to bring an objective and transparent mindset to the Admin team.

Ingame Name: EpicGuy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:69946133

Time Played: 7w 4d 02h 57m (1275 hours)

When First Joined: December 6th, 2014

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Monday-Thursday: 4pm-11pm, Friday: 2pm-12am, Saturday: All day, Sunday: 1pm-11pm (All times in Eastern) 

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community: Admin is the second highest appointed rank we have (the highest being Co-Owner). As the position suggests, I would help administrate the server. I have ideas that I'd like to implement, and with the help of the other Admins, I feel like we can bring Dinkleberg's TTT to a never-before-seen state of fun and comfort. I'm not afraid to make controversial decisions, if they're backed by the rules, in the name of making this server the best it can be. And I'm not afraid to go against the establishment if it means pointing something out that could make a reasonable difference. I am fair and just, but I know that I am biased. If a Guest comes on and starts trolling, I'm going to be more apt to ban them because it's obvious that they don't want to be a member of the community. Similarly, if a Member or higher should ghost, they should also face punishment because they've been a part of the community long enough to know right from wrong.

Why you want to help the community: I want to help this community because I've been here for three years now and I want all players to have the same great experience I've had. It's impossible to please everyone, but it isn't impossible to listen to everyone's grievances and see what we can do to make this server better. We all start as lowly Guests, not knowing what is going on. I have no problem going out of my way to help Guests and Regulars alike to ensure their stay is as smooth and successful as possible. Everyone should feel welcome, and as someone who can directly bring change to the server, I feel that it would be my responsibility to bring positive change to this server.  I'd also like to shorten the time it takes to make a decision on unban appeals. I understand that people are busy, but if we can decide the fate of someone's staff application in a matter of hours, we can decide the status of someone's ban.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Never.

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/forum/m/... a muppet) (When I was a muppet)

How did you find us?: Three years ago when my laptop was bad, this server had minimal downloads and I could run the game without my laptop going up in flames.

Other: Many people may not agree with my moderating style. Many may believe that I have a stick up my butt. Well, I do. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This is a TTT server, not a babysitting service. It's my job to make sure that everyone enjoys their time here, not just a select few. No one is above the rules here, and that includes me. I'm the first person to admit to my mistakes, and I hold myself to a very high standard of moderation. I'll slay myself if I know I'm wrong, and I'm not embarrassed when I'm proven wrong. On a related note, if I know I'm right I won't back down. Three times I've been accused of abusing my powers, in two of the three (the last one hasn't been closed yet) I've been in the right. March will mark my third year of moderating on this server, and I am confident that I can bring transparency, fairness, justice, and level-headedness to the Admin team.

A bit unrelated, but I was once considered for the position of Co-Owner, a position I humbly declined.

http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/forum/pa...ement-near

Thank you for reading this, and I hope that I can continue to serve you well, whether it be in a new role or my current role.
Everyone's gonna apply for admin now lol, but you deserve it +1
EpicGuy has always been one of the staff members I've looked to for guidance and I always have a good time when he's on. +1
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
Not extremely active and has a life? +1 you'll fit in nicely!
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
EpicGuy is a phenomenal staff member and one of the longest-serving moderators, if not the longest. I worked with him as a fellow moderator for quite awhile and I'm excited to be back playing with him. In my time with him as a fellow moderator, he easily gained my confidence with his work ethic and morals. He has been dedicated to this server for such a long time, serving 3 years of his life as a staff member. In these three years, there has never once been a legitimate abuse report or complaint about EpicGuy. The only thing that has even been mentioned is a false slay and that is nothing compared to the things Epic and I have seen from previous staff members. There are very few staff members that I trust on the same level as EpicGuy. In fact, I'd say that EpicGuy is probably the staff member I share the most similarities with, especially in regards to the direction this server should go and how to deal with issues.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - EpicGuy should be a higher rank than just a moderator.
+1 No matter the scenario, EpicGuy handles it fairly, level headed, and mature. There has been many post, that have way more than needed, he goes over and beyond normal expectations. I feel his maturity, his level of respect, and his will to go against the usual shows he isn't afraid to have a voice. This is a well needed choice.
+1, I have seen Epicguy handle things both in game and on forums and he seems to be extremely level headed. Definitely deserves this position.
He’s polite, attentive and handles situations incredibly well, he’s one of the mods I strive to be and obviously loves doing what he does, but not only that, he got some sick roasts for all the people who want to claim abuse on him. I mean really, the way he responds to those is mature but hits them right where it hurts. I don’t see any reason as to why he shouldn’t be admin. +1 all the way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
EpicGuy is a great mod he is able to handle most situations with a breeze. A +1 from me
I'm the last of my kind. I must train to become stronger, faster, smarter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
+1 
EpicGuy's TTT has always been kept sexual-advance free thanks to EpicGuy and with admin he could stop the sexual advances with more effectivity.

Memes aside, EpicGuy is a shining example of a staff member and a great addition to the staff team, he always handles thinge calmly and fairly and I've never heard anyone complain about him.  He's also a community veteran and has more than enough experience to fill the role.

(No Sexual Advances on EpicGuy's TTT)