Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to KOS via. Detective Equipment
So a lot of people (myself included) have been quite confused on the rules regarding damaging/destroying detective equipment.

For the years I've been playing Dink's TTT, I've known the rules to be you don't touch detective equipment with any sort of damageable means unless you want a non-recoil Bull$hite bullet in the face (yes I read that comprehensive breakdown on the Bull$hite and good work). A couple days ago I had an argument with about 4 of the staff members, not an actual angry argument, I love them all (except Helen ;) ). But just a frustrated debate as I had killed someone on the basis of inflicting damage on a detective's tester via. a crowbar and was consequently slain for RDM. The staff then proceeded to tell me that the rules in !motd are old rules and since have been revamped to allow the damaging of health stations and portable testers. 

So many times I've seen people KOS'd for this, and just a week ago I saw people going to town on the portable testers and health stations with no one giving a flying f*q.

This is how the rules read as of today (Jan 17th, 2018):
"Attempting to Destroy / Damageing a Health Station, or Portable Tester is KOSable."

I am not here to say "Oh I told you so", I am here so that there can be fewer inconsistencies in what staff members believe and not believe the rules to be. This is a similar issue to the live check or KOS as a detective or innocent. I've witnessed first-hand many new players being taught exactly what the rules state is OK.

Thank you for your time, just trying to make the world a better place.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
I always thought you could hit Detective equipment all you want, but if you break it you’re KOSed. For example, on 67th Way or Community Pool, you can hit the map tester all you want but if you break it, I’m going to kill you. Clarification would be nice
I had clarification from @DaKody that the rules were out of date and that he needed to find time to update them, and I’ve taken his word to heart. If I recall, he said that the KOS is only valid if the eqipment is destroyed, and that is the rule I’ve been following since I’ve joined. I don’t know anybody who says that any damage is KOSable, but I believe that they’re wrong in that situation and should receive a slay for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Rules need to be fixed immediately to resolve this issue.
(01-17-2018, 01:35 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: I had clarification from @DaKody that the rules were out of date and that he needed to find time to update them, and I’ve taken his word to heart.  If I recall, he said that the KOS is only valid if the eqipment is destroyed, and that is the rule I’ve been following since I’ve joined. I don’t know anybody who says that any damage is KOSable, but I believe that they’re wrong in that situation and should receive a slay for it.

If kody And the admins want to change the rule to what ever they want on this matter that's fine, but to enfore and slay people for following the MOTD is absurd. If they want to change the rules they need to change the motd not just tell you, what the players and staff have to go off of is the MOTD not word of mouth.
(01-17-2018, 01:51 PM)Mallakk Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 01:35 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: I had clarification from @DaKody that the rules were out of date and that he needed to find time to update them, and I’ve taken his word to heart.  If I recall, he said that the KOS is only valid if the eqipment is destroyed, and that is the rule I’ve been following since I’ve joined. I don’t know anybody who says that any damage is KOSable, but I believe that they’re wrong in that situation and should receive a slay for it.

If kody And the admins want to change the rule to what ever they want on this matter that's fine, but to enfore and slay people for following the MOTD is absurd. If they want to change the rules they need to change the motd not just tell you, what the players and staff have to go off of is the MOTD not word of mouth.

Exactly, I understand the written rules take more time than we think to refine and perfect but when the server instructs new players to read the rules by doing !motd upon entering the server they shouldn't be punished or have to be told by a staff member what the rules are/aren't (with the exception of grey area RDM etc.)
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
A thorough reading of the motd would show that all detective equipment is kosable by breaking, but that a health station or tester being damaged is kosable. That rule has been written since I joined end of spring last year. If it needs to be changed please change it because I really do not like that it's caused this much issue over the last week and that staff has been giving slays contrary to what the motd says. If I'm not mistaken the fix would be just removing that line as there is a previous line about all D equipment being kosable on break. I've yet to see an announcement about this rule changed and anything I've personally been told has been second hand at best.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Until it changes in the MOTD(if it does change,) follow what the MOTD says.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
when setro quits for making up rules but staff do it
People need to use the changelog thing when they change the rules so that people actually know why they're getting punished for some longstanding rule changing.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]