Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mari's staff app!
Ingame Name: Mari

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:197365125

Time Played: 2w 0d 15h 30m

When First Joined: December 28, 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 3 p.m. - "10 p.m." but typically 3 a.m. weekdays, noon - 3 a.m. or later weekends

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I'm on really late at night and spend the majority of my time playing. I try to be super helpful to others. I know the rules really really well and would help on enforcing them. I like teaching new players how to play the game and directing them to the motd. I also like ending pointless arguments using the motd. I also try to help staff as best I can even though I cant do much but warn and keep track of things.  This is what I do as donor. With trusted though I could be more helpful. I could help with reports, I want to help with reports. I want to help with decision making. I want to help keep order when those late night trolls are on. Also when no staff is on, im usually on, and how I handle it as donor is I ask everyone to tell me when theyre rdmed, and everyone goes to me :3. I am also super dependable, you can always count on me! I'm also really hard to actually make upset and I get better at handling stuff like that every day!

Why you want to help the community: I want to make the community for family friendly and warmer. I also want to help keep peace and order. The main reason though is that I want to be more helpful to others. From what I hear reports can be overwhelming sometimes, plus late at night there are usually people that come on just to make the game harder for everyone else. I would like to be able to be more helpful when it comes to stuff like that and make staffs job easier. Also when no staff is on, and while staff is on, I want to be able to handle reports. I think I would do a good job at it because when no staff is on and I handle reports, I read the logs very throughly and take screenshots of everything of interest if someone mass rdmed or rdmed and left, or did something bad that they werent supposed to.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): I once changed my name from marillet to mari mid round and didnt know it would ban me, but it did xP. Other than that though, I have never been banned.

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): nope

How did you find us?: This is one of the first garrys mod servers ive ever joined. When I first joined I decided the community was alot of fun and that I really enjoyed myself when I played. So I started to spend the majority of my free time playing.

Other: I know I havent been playing for a very long time. Only a month. Though Ive really enjoyed myself and the people ive met within that month. Scoovie and his asking others for inappropriate pictures. Dakodys very lively personality. Auras fun conversations. Derpys protecting me from bullies. Kram and our random attacking each other with crowbars. Being terrified of trying to knife tdawg because of the locomotive... Saving my knife for fozzy because thats the only way im going to kill him if im a traitor. Those are just a few of the interesting people ive met, I have met many others. I would really like to be helpful to the people ive met. If i got trusted I would work my hardest to show I deserve it and give back to the community!
Dont look so blue
+rep Always on and enforcing rules.
+1, She asks alot of questions which is good for someone who wants to be staff, she makes ban requests on the forums and is active on the forums, she is always on the server, from what I've heard she likes to help out staff and other players, she clearly knows the rules and follows them.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Let's be honest here, this is a no brainer. Mari is an absolute sweetheart whom knows and follows the rules without any problems. She's got great server time, actively makes ban requests, and is an overall positive influence for our community.

+1
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Mari's Alright.

TBH +1 for not being cancer like 90% of the server and being a nice noodle.

-1 because i think you can be on the server a little more than a month before making an application. Might just be me who thinks this way (SORRY). But.. I feel like you kind of just pulled a.. "oh i like this server, so after a month ill make an application to go up in rank because rank and power is so important and etc" type thing

SO I WILL ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS. since theres already a staff team and many other people doing what you say you are looking to do/doing.

What can you do with trusted that you cant do as a regular player?
What does having the trusted (or any) tag signify compared to not having it?
Is trusted an excuse to stand out more than others or do you truly believe that'll make a difference in how much you help the server and stuff?

I can ask anyone these questions even myself. This is just coming from someone whos owned a handful of Gmod servers and administrated many more. Before the rank and after, Whats the point/purpose?

Maybe things arent that serious.. So maybe none of this really matters (tbh what i expect). BUT If i was in the position to promote you/ give ranks to people. Id be asking way more questions to make sure intentions are in good standing (which I think they are ;) )

OH and +1 if you read this and it meant anything
[Image: 45704.png]
[Image: OGAFJDn.png]
As much as I'd love to -1 this, I can't do that mostly because I have no reason to. But I will say this.... I don't believe you should be staff if you've only been a part of the community for a month. You're great and eveything, yes, but I think you should be a part of the community for a little longer.

Only problem I really have is you destroying my testers. can you pls not, ty.
To add to this ^, she does destroy other detectives testers when she is detective so uhh... would this be trolling? ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

+0

g r i e f e d

Also, you said you were making this in 4 days but made it the next day???? ur confusing me
[Image: giphy.gif]
Whenever I see Mari on she is informing newer players of the rules and is always asking staff questions and generally helping them, all in all she will be good staff and I will give this a mighty +1.
HOLY SHIT YOU GOT A WILD @"Dangerously Sketchyâ„¢" TO APPEAR.

Have you met my minimum threshold?
  • Do I recognize you? ✓
  • Do you have sufficient time on the server? ✓
  • Are you active on the forums for at least the last two months? ✓ Well it's one in this case but you're nightshift and do a lot of work so I'm willing to overlook this
  • Are your forum contributions something other than shitposts and/or trolling? ✓
  • Did you follow the application format and not lie? ✓
  • Are there zero miscellaneous red flags (personality issues, major incidences, etc.)? ✓

What is my stance on you being promoted?
I've expressed to you directly one of the main concern from a lot of old-timers here; the last two people who came out of nowhere and no-lifed the night crew until they got staff (Neek and Rits) caused a lot of trouble in the community. There is significant concern that you may end up in the same category. It also doesn't help that you joined just after one of those stories ended. Additionally, you applied exactly the earliest you could.

Now, what do you have going for you? You are on during the night shift. You play frequently and consistently. You message staff all the time on how to deal with trolls while no staff are on (which is often because, y'know, night shift). You've helped staff with investigations and provided information we wouldn't normally have had. The community likes you a lot and they see you as the de facto night shift person. You're friendly, personable, and really seem to care about this place.

I'm all for you getting this promotion, but I will remain speculative for a while. The concerns I've listed are valid and serious, however they are things that can be addressed by simply being here more. Until such time has passed, I think Trusted is a fine place for you.

Also you're a girl, so automatic staff :P

MY FINAL VERDICT: +1
+1 Marie doesn't troll or be cancer like some the the community and I think Marie will Be a great staff memeber
[Image: original.gif]
+1 Almost always online (remember that sleep is healthy) always helps out and tells rules to new players, overall a great person.