Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bug Prevention] Banning player on first round...
When you ban a player on the first round it causes the ban to populate in ULX instead of gbans

We already know this however this can cause issues if we want to unban the player because gbans takes over the ban command.  Someone is bound to forget or not be informed and then problems happen.

Once the player is written into the old ban file the player is at the mercy of dink going into the ban list and removing the player using FTP and notepad. If dink goes away it could be a long time before it is fixed.

This fix wont prevent an accident like this from happening but it will stop the ban from being written in the default ban file.  

Using FTP go to the ban file
Right Click
File permissions
Set permission to 444 OR only check the boxes marked READ

Another possible fix would be to change the ULX ban command
Just go into the LUA and change it to !ulxban  which would completely neuter it.

The command just would not work until gbans is up and running.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ive actually had this happen before, I thought gBans had broken.
Dink is aware, although he doesn't really know why it happens. Do you or @queef commando have any clue why things like gBans or the PS2 loadout don't load during round 1?
I have noticed that the PS2 bug occurs when a player first joins. It doesn't matter if it's the first round, or the third. I'm not sure if this bug applies to Gbans too, but I do know that pointshop items will fail to load when a player first joins the server.
The ps2 load out bug is a known issue that the author has not addressed yet.
Mushroomz put a lot of hard work into this and was able to fix this so it is a trade secret.

I don't know why gbans does this however I am the king of ducktape technology
One of those things i mentioned would help a lot until the problem is identified and fixed.