Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Winter Blues
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd do something a little different and write a little sort of fun facts thing? I know we've all heard of the winter blues, but few know it actually exists and has a name: Seasonal Affective Disorder. Funny enough it abbreviates to S.A.D. Here are some interesting facts about S.A.D.

1. It typically affects people from the fall to spring (august-march)
2. February is the month that hits people with S.A.D the hardest.
3. S.A.D. causes the body to crave foods high in carbohydrates
4. Some symptoms are: irritability, tiredness/low energy, hypersensitivity to rejection, oversleeping, and weight gain
5. S.A.D. affects around 6% of the United States (Most commonly in the Northern regions)
6. One of the causes is by a disruption in your body's biological clock
7. It can also be caused due to low serotonin and melatonin levels.
8. For every five people with S.A.D four out of five of those people are women
9. S.A.D was added to the American Psychiatric Association as a descriptor for major depression in 1987
10. One of the most common ways to cope with S.A.D is by using a Happy Light and or taking vitamin D supplements.

Well anyways, I just thought I'd educate some people on a disorder that happens to many around the world that isn't commonly discussed or acknowledged. :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
I didn't know about this, and good job on the post it is very informational.
Is this an Mkkay shitpost? Very informative tho.
(02-05-2018, 09:57 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: Is this an Mkkay shitpost? Very informative tho.

I know you mean this as a joke, but I'll take the opportunity to better express myself.

I understand this post may seem convoluted to most, but I made this post in hopes of resonating with the one person who identifies with these ideals. It maybe far-fetched to want to just help one person on a garrysmod forums post, but yeah it would be worth it. I personally didn't know about this disorder until a friend of mine told me. I just thought I'd spread the knowledge around a little further  :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]