Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rayfax's Resignation
Hey all!

So, I regret to say that I am resigning as PH staff. I don't see myself being able to get back onto the server anytime soon, as I have stayed very busy this semester and will continue to be incredibly swamped until I graduate college next spring. I have also seen some bad signs from higher staff in the community regarding superiority. I don't quite agree with how the staff group is handled. I've kept quiet for the most part, but the issues i've seen are why I want to open my own business and are another reason why I'm resigning.

I respect staff's choice to run the community like a business, but I cannot agree with that choice, especially since this is not a business -- this is a game. I don't agree with allowing high staff to only get online once every few weeks for no reason without any sort of repercussions. I feel like too much trust is given to certain staff members due to their relations with high staff; I'm afraid of what will happen to staff in the future, so I want to get out before it blows up.

Hope to play with you guys in the future. Heart

~Ray~
"You've got two strong legs; you should get up and use them."

[Image: jqSjJO3.gif]
It was nice to meet you when I did. I wish you well in your journeys and hope that maybe one day you'll come back.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Gonna miss you bunches rayfax!! I miss our random gwyf days!! and the laughs. Hope to see and hear from ya in the future, cuz I miss our concerts! but make sure you take care of yourself :]
I'm just a complete gamin nerd, but music is muh life, and I wont stop singing, so don't try stopping me.

[Image: GJyRbfY.gif?noredirect]
Best of luck with your future endeavors, and I hope you have a good life. I respect your view point, but the staff group handle the server like it is a business for professionalism. If that is not there staff do not work together and its a cluster. Staff have certain guidelines and way to handle things to prevent them from getting in trouble, or messing up in any form. This is something that has always been in place since I can remember so that way, if something were to go down, the writer of the guidelines/rules would be the one to take the consequences if the guidelines are followed through and through. This does not excuse any form of abuse, and is not a protection to allow anyone to get away with any biases, harassment, judgment, or mistreatment of any form. If anything were to become a personal issue, it would be directly handled with care by a higher up. The server is taken this seriously because it keeps the player base strong, and keeps them coming back. 

I would like to apologize for the bit of staff inactivity, but a bunch of people decided to take a break at the same time, because they were playing day and night weeks straight. Eventually you get worn or burnt out of the repetition of the PH gamemode all together. Myself, and a few other mod+ have not be inactive. So you saying " allowing high staff to only get online once every few weeks for no reason without any sort of repercussions." This is only to few, and they have lives, jobs outside of the server, families to take care of. That doesn't mean they are going to be demoted because of having to deal with personal issues.

Here is a list of GameTrackers starting with me, the admins, then the mods:

[Red]Starky Fairly active later times of the night.
Mkkay671 She is busy with personal life stuff, day by day she gets on for at least  1-4 hours. Sometimes she can't no big deal.
Archangel Azrael He has personal life issues, gets on day by day when he can. Sometimes life picks up simply can't get on.
Yeezy Jeezy Dudes pretty active considering college and work..so yeah. Even on his break he still showed up quite a bit.
[Yellow] Travis1421 His time doesn't look so pretty, but check the days before his break. Literally 8-11+ hours a day.. I think he deserves the break.
penguinslayer4 Activity consistent, plays late nights..busy during day time hours..still consistent active..
[Lime]Limewire ([Lime]JustinTimberLime) Mans got a family to take care of. Still consistently active..

Sidenote: Rayfax Gametracker 

Other people with the moderator rank are granted it due to the fact that they handle on call situations time by time when we as PH staff can't be there. The ranks are given to them due to them have earning it, etc. It's nice to have them there when we can't be or, have a helping hand when we are there at the same time as them. My point is, we have a reason behind everything we do, and a majority of the mod+ on PH are way more active then given credit for. If there were ever any server side issues, you know you could come directly to me or and admin to have it handled.
it was fun playing with you Ray i hope we get to play togeather again. I wish you all the luck i can for your college and hope you achieve everything you want to achieve
[Image: J6yUs0g]
It’s sad to see another nice staff member go but I totally understand why you are leaving. 
See ya on the flip side
I'm sorry you feel that way Rayfax, but as Starky said, just cause you don't see us on doesn't mean we don't get on. Every higher up can not be on at all times. We have lives outside of the server and that comes first. But every one of us has communicated with a higher up when we know we are going to be off the server for more then a couple days.

Heck, I myself freak out over having to miss a day every once in a while. And pretty much every mod+ can attest to that. I was supposed to take a break from the server when other mods got off of theirs but decided against it because this server is my home. It is the one place I feel wholeheartedly accepted and I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon.

Each mod+ is active when they can be. You may not notice it but we try to be as active as possible. Some need a break due to physical and mental strains caused by life and the server, and that will not be held against them in any way because that is a natural thing to have happen.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope that in the future you decide to come play with us again.
I got to know you a bit when I was playing very actively on PH. You were always nice to me, and I imagine you honestly did a great job doing what you did as a Staff Member. I hope whatever happens from here, you continue to succeed in life. And hopefully we'll see you on PH again soon after the end of your semester!
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
You were fun to play with and pretty nice, hope to see you on again soon and good luck with your future out of college. I still gotta couple years more to go.
Sad to see you go Ray Good luck on your future journey hope we get to play together soon :)
[Image: KEURa1F.gif]