Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things needing a fixing
[quote pid='31274' dateline='1524455481']
(04-22-2018, 10:51 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: That's a stupid explanation. If staff didn't exist, there would be no server for Dink to run. Staff members give their time and energy to keeping this server running smoothly and they should get something for their troubles. I'm not sure if extra health should even be something on the server, but regardless, if donors are able to have it, so should all staff members.

Staff members are very important. You, sir, are mistaken if you think otherwise or if you believe the owner thinks otherwise.

[/quote]
en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"
You don't "deserve" shit. You volunteered to be in a position of power and responsibility, it wasn't demanded.

It's like volunteering for a soup kitchen and then asking to be paid at the end of the day because cooks in other kitchens get paid.
Saying all mods deserve the bonus because they are mods is a bit of a fallacy, as nothing in being a mod explicitly  states you will receive reward for doing your job, and therefore anything beyond that is entitlement. This thread is a circle-jerk of "give me privileges for doing a job I signed up for."

Once again, I feel the need to reiterate that I agree that the people who bought donor and are mods should get it, but not mods who aren't donors.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

There is genuinly little diffrence between Donors and non-donor staff though...

One volunteers to give money to the server, the other volunteers to give his/her time to the server. Both to keep it running smoothly, without one of these, the server wouldn't be the way it is now, or not even exist. Yes, donators are important, I wont deny it. But I take heavy offense in the statement that Non-Donor-Mods are "Lesser" people in your eyes. In my eyes they hold a higher tier of respect.

You can say staff is entitled. Yes, THEY DESERVE TO BE. Without them all you'd be seeing on the TTT server would be RDM city+mic-spam city+hacker city+ whatever the fuck. Staff has to deal with a tonne of shit every day all coming from you, non-staff players, INCLUDING DONATORS and other staff occasionally. So do they deserve some entitlement? Yes, yes they do.

P.S. I do not mass downvote people just because I do not like someone. I dislike posts if I disagree with what was stated in said post, I expect no less to be done with my posts.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-23-2018, 05:41 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: There is genuinly little diffrence between Donors and non-donor staff though...

One volunteers to give money to the server, the other volunteers to give his/her time to the server. Both to keep it running smoothly, without one of these, the server wouldn't be the way it is now, or not even exist. Yes, donators are important, I wont deny it. But I take heavy offense in the statement that Non-Donor-Mods are "Lesser" people in your eyes. In my eyes they hold a higher tier of respect.

You can say staff is entitled. Yes, THEY DESERVE TO BE. Without them all you'd be seeing on the TTT server would be RDM city+mic-spam city+hacker city+ whatever the fuck. Staff has to deal with a tonne of shit every day all coming from you, non-staff players, INCLUDING DONATORS and other staff occasionally. So do they deserve some entitlement? Yes, yes they do.
You’re taking offense to something I never said? That’s your problem. I never said anything close to that, and the fact that you believe so is part of the problem; you all are responding with your feelings because you feel you deserve something, rather than actually think whether or not it makes sense to give something like that out.

And even if you all do think without getting your emotions about the matter involved and come to a different conclusion or opinion than me, that’s fine. You are entitled to your opinion, and I can respect that. I’m not going to -rep every opinion different than mine because I’m not a child. This thread is for discussion, and I’m giving my rational opinion. I’m not going to stoop to that level just because I don’t agree.

That being said, yeah, being a staff is probably tough at times, but if you do it and expect or feel entitled to a reward, you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. I’d also like to take a second and point out the delicious irony in saying that you’re entitled to entitlement @King Tiger Ace Fasda22

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

Then you can say the same about Donators really, I mean you pay money to the server so now you're entitled to getting something. Thats not Donating, thats BUYING. There is a diffrence wich is something I'm certain I shouldn't stress out. Now, I will explain why I came to my previous "Lesser" statement.

I was a Moderator, something I apparently still am on the site cuz... reasons, I got there without paying a dime. I got there with applications alone. People who buy themselves into staff already tend to get a bit less respect from me due to, "haha, I heff munnies fuk u ell i skiep renks" (I get that people buy this with the best of intentions, I really do, but I can't help myself). To present the idea that somehow after getting there, over half a year of active staffing, getting moderator, that I am apparently worth less then the person who skipped 2 applications... It tackles your pride. Hence I react to that getting the idea you're of the opinion I am lesser then a Donator Tmod who got ranked up.

I believe that once you're a Moderator, its simple. You are a Moderator, no cuts, no ties, no diffrences. Why? Simple, you've achieved the level where you're one of the most trustworthy induviduals on the server, so simply why not throw in a neat bonus for them.

Also I'd like to point out I no longer am part of the Moderator team. So, I dont care about what I get as a Moderator, because it wont affect me at all. I am now a Donator (Even though I've yet to pay a dime to Dinks) due to 2 years of active staffing under my belt. I am entitled, I wont deny it, but at the same time just because you have money, doesnt mean I should treat you like anything more or less then a man that has less money. I feel the same way works with being donor-staff or non-donor-staff. They're staff, who cares if they paid for it. I may have my own prejudges of donor-staff, but that doesnt mean that they should be given any other treatment then non-donor-staff.

And before you point out my hypocracy, "I have less respect for Donor-Staff" - "Just because you have money, I shouldnt have to treat you anything more then a person who's got less." I am aware of this, I know this may invalidate my point a little bit. But this is simply me being Human. Imperfect hypocrites that will fight for what they believe is right, under their right of Freedom of Speech.

Response to the Edit below: I feel those go hand-in-hand in a way, shitposts are posts you disagree with fundamentally, I see the reputation system as a system of giving people you agree with or support a backing +1 without having to comment it.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-23-2018, 07:45 AM)WYou I’m King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Then you can say the same about Donators really, I mean you pay money to the server so now you're entitled to getting something. Thats not Donating, thats BUYING. There is a diffrence wich is something I'm certain I shouldn't stress out. Now, I will explain why I came to my previous "Lesser" statement.

I was a Moderator, something I apparently still am on the site cuz... reasons, I got there without paying a dime. I got there with applications alone. People who buy themselves into staff already tend to get a bit less respect from me due to, "haha, I heff munnies fuk u ell i skiep renks" (I get that people buy this with the best of intentions, I really do, but I can't help myself). To present the idea that somehow after getting there, over half a year of active staffing, getting moderator, that I am apparently worth less then the person who skipped 2 applications... It tackles your pride. Hence I react to that getting the idea you're of the opinion I am lesser then a Donator Tmod who got ranked up.

I believe that once you're a Moderator, its simple. You are a Moderator, no cuts, no ties, no diffrences. Why? Simple, you've achieved the level where you're one of the most trustworthy induviduals on the server, so simply why not throw in a neat bonus for them.

Also I'd like to point out I no longer am part of the Moderator team. So, I dont care about what I get as a Moderator, because it wont affect me at all. I am now a Donator (Even though I've yet to pay a dime to Dinks) due to 2 years of active staffing under my belt. I am entitled, I wont deny it, but at the same time just because you have money, doesnt mean I should treat you like anything more or less then a man that has less money. I feel the same way works with being donor-staff or non-donor-staff. They're staff, who cares if they paid for it. I may have my own prejudges of donor-staff, but that doesnt mean that they should be given any other treatment then non-donor-staff.

And before you point out my hypocracy, "I have less respect for Donor-Staff" - "Just because you have money, I shouldnt have to treat you anything more then a person who's got less." I am aware of this, I know this may invalidate my point a little bit. But this is simply me being Human. Imperfect hypocrites that will fight for what they believe is right, under their right of Freedom of Speech.
I can concede that, while we have fundamentally different opinions on the concept of a thankless job, that your reasoning for wanting yourself and/or others to have this is well founded in the basis of frustration of those who paid their way to the top. 

I still keep my reservations, but I see yours as valid as well. 

Additionally, I applaud your self-awareness of your own personal biases and how you incorporated it into a rational opinion. 

Honestly your response is the first one to actually have a train of thought that didn’t de-rail into fallacious logic or self-praise in place of reason. 

I guess now your point opens up the whole “pay for powers” can of worms, but I digress.

EDIT: Just read your edit, @King Tiger Ace Fasda22 .
I thought -rep was for irrelevant posts or shitposting, not for stuff people disagree with?
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

The RDM turret needs either an update or replacement. Its function is to shoot Traitors who are Traitoring. Current it will only kill a Traitor if they Kill, not attack, kill the detective in front of it with gunfire, on a 50 50 basis. It kills innocents and fellow detectives who shoot anyone, including shooting traitors, punishing good work with death.

It is the only real fun Detective tool, but it rarely works as needed. The only tool that comes up next to being interesting is either the shield gun or beer, but they don't have the same mayhem joy as the RDM Turret.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Any map that isnt a minecraft map should be removed.
Also can i get a tldr on the people who wrote essays in the replies above me. My short attention span makes it hard.

My Maps
been here since September 2016
(04-25-2018, 12:02 PM)Hillrop Wrote: Any map that isnt a minecraft map should be removed.
Also can i get a tldr on the people who wrote essays in the replies above me. My short attention span makes it hard.

They are arguing about if mods should be able to use the hp boost man of the match reward
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Remove bird bomb and add golden deagle.
(04-28-2018, 03:36 PM)The Spy Is A Lie Wrote: Remove bird bomb and add golden deagle.