Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the max player limit
The servers full alot during the afternoon, and the higher server max player slots would be more appealing to people surfing for gmod servers, so why not increase it :D
Dont look so blue
NNNOOOOO that is a terrible idea Maria.

The server is already Unstable at 32 let alone any more. And besides, most TTT maps aren't even optimised too well for 32 players let alone any more.
32 is the maximum size that a server is manageable. Technically the sweet spot for a server is 24, but beyond 32 it becomes too hectic to manage.

I understand everyone wants to play, but having more slots than that will just lead to more mic spam and people talking over each other and create a headache for all staff involved.
You both have excellent points, the lag is already bad as is... and the Mic spam / people talking over each other.... oh no ;-;, though i dont think 3 or 4 slots would hurt that much
Dont look so blue
I mean, if the server does not have enough space for its current playerbase..... What about a second server then???? that would help.
This is being discussed in discord staff chat. Dinkleberg already know about it. He's still deciding whether to increase it or just have reserve slots.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Yes. @"Mari" I agree that it is boring when you have to wait. And I don't think server size needs to increase, only add the reserve slots like Derpy was saying.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
So we have 36 slots on PH, and when its full its fucking hectic. Not to mention that the maps can spawn kill people. But with ttt's large amount of staff, it should be manageable. However, maps and the server itself can become very unstable sustaining 2 full servers of 36. Not to mention more money to host.
I even dislike reserve seats.

Let's arbitrarily kick out guests because our staff wants in! That's a great way to build a community!
Maps that are poorly made have a limited number of manually placed spawns. Usually they stop at 24 or 32. Adding more slots breaks some maps as a result. Also, because everyone can talk over mic at any time in ttt as opposed to team talk in ph, 32 players can get out of hand even for a big staff team. Any more would be ridiculous, especially because not all those staff are always online.

So, as people have said, the only other real option is a second server. But if you look at gametracker, even when the server is peaking we really don't hit the full 32 or stay at it very long. It's only maybe an hour a day that we reach it.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]