Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Theme of today's server
So if you didn't get on the server today you might not know about this discussion. I'm taking it to the forums because I think it's important to at least bring up because people are a little confused about it. 

The gist of it is this: why is the regular ranking above the master one? I may be dumb for not knowing the reason, but a lot of people think master should be the highest ranking. 

As @Hillrop said earlier today, if you were training in Kung Fu, would you go to the regular or the master? 

Maybe someone can explain why the rankings are like this? Or maybe it's something that could be changed? It's a small thing, but people today really got heated in the discussion.
One day the ranks may make sense. One day...

My Maps
been here since September 2016
I was wondering about custom ranks for well known players on the server. Ace would be the Grappler ( always using a grapple or asking for one from Detective. Gabe might be the Fisherman, as he likes to tbait by destroying detective equipment, such as RDM turrets. I'd probably be called Long-Fuse due to everyone thinking I take too long ( i prefer letting innocents kill each other and do my work for me, which works a lot of the time ).
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Idk the exact reason for the rank names being that order, but a while back, member and master were level based ranks (once you hit master you could prestige and you had access to more things) and regular was earned once you hit the 100 hour mark. So I could see why it was made in that order. Im personally neutral on the whole order of the ranks and whether it should be changed or stay the same.
(06-18-2018, 04:33 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: I was wondering about custom ranks for well known players on the server. Ace would be the Grappler ( always using a grapple or asking for one from Detective. Gabe might be the Fisherman, as he likes to tbait by destroying detective equipment, such as RDM turrets. I'd probably be called Long-Fuse due to everyone thinking I take too long ( i prefer letting innocents kill each other and do my work for me, which works a lot of the time ).
For this, Ive played a server before that had an addon where you could buy ranks for the scoreboard in the pointshop (i.e. deagle master, etc.) once you unlocked the ranks by doing certain things on the server (deagle master needed so many kills with a deagle). Again Im neutral on changes like this, it could be interesting but I can do without.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Actually the things that Ace can do with the grappling hook is actually against the rules since it is exploiting the grappling hook
merry christmas xbox
(06-18-2018, 05:35 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Actually the things that Ace can do with the grappling hook is actually against the rules since it is exploiting the grappling hook

Two others do the same things Ace does, IE, gliding across the map after a grapple.

Another exploit was seen last night on the Heaven Map.  Grapple a person.  Step into a teleport.  You teleport normally, the grappled person is yanked across the map and smashed into the ground.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I kinda like regular being the highest rank, I think it fits. When you put in that amount of time, odds are you're someone people recognize, you're a regular player on the server, at least during the times you usually play. If anything, I'd say master would be better off being renamed to something between member and regular, or should be switched with member and made something between guest and member.

Unique custom ranks would be pretty interesting, and i wouldn't be opposed to the idea.
Hopefully this issue gets fixed so i can play on the server again.

i would also really love the rank, gamer

My Maps
been here since September 2016
(06-18-2018, 08:18 PM)Hillrop Wrote: i would also really love the rank, gamer

Gamer rank confirmed
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-18-2018, 05:35 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Actually the things that Ace can do with the grappling hook is actually against the rules since it is exploiting the grappling hook
Gmod is one big exploit
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]