Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing the god awful Test or KOS
It's very easy to see most detectives go out of their way to target players that they deem better then them and throw their shity box of shit demanding people test or KOS. Doing this does one of three things. 1: fucking a t our of his round, especially if the detective targeted that person. 2: Killing of an inno that doesn't know the rule or cant hear/ read the detective demanding that the box gets fed. 3: Pretty much detectives will call SUS on any player they see avoiding the death box.

The box'es main purpose was to let innos proven themselves to the detective and other innos. Traitors are to be feared and scare the innos with death and deception, how is this achieved when a small box that glows green or red can lead to their demise.

I am not saying remove the tester, as innos still want to prove themselves, but rather remove TEST OR KOS is it ruins rounds, leads to innos dying or a map wide chase when someone takes it and runs around like a dumbass.

I am interested in peoples opinions on this subject.

Note: Map testers should still have the ability as they need to be called from inside the room.
Test or KOS has always been a stupid rule, I wish it were removed completely or at least make it SUSable
It's not likely to get removed.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Removing kos won't stop people from running around with the tester, they do that regardless of whether or not the detective test or koses.

The problem, as I see it, is that test or kos is almost always used at or very near the beginning of a round, before anything has really had a chance to happen unless the traitors are extremely quick that round. It's done not because the detective suspects the person and wants to confirm or deny their hunches, it's done to rule out specific people, which could *potentially* be considered meta gaming if it was looked into deeply enough. Or the detective just plops it down and immediately test or koses everyone in the immediate vicinity which just seems like lazy and sloppy detecting to me.

So, as a suggestion, would it perhaps be possible to include a timer on the portable tester, to make it so that it can't be purchased until at least 30 seconds after the round starts to prevent frustrating rdms? If not, then I guess I'm in favor of changing it from test or kos to test or sus.
One server i played on had a timer for it's tester that would give a minute or two before it can be used.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
I try to be random in who I do it to, but I can see how it could be used with someone that wants to go after specific people
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I say put the tester out and see in the shadows if someone tries to destroy it. Map testers should still have the Testing rule since they have to come to you to be tested, they can't be forced.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I don't have a problem with test or kos, even if I do consistently get called to do it myself. Its the perfect fight or flight scenario and trust me that running away is not the way to take if you want to live. I see it as a very important tool too preemptively kill a sused traitor or even more importantly one who is delaying. If an inno refuses to test, it is what it is, D loses karma.
The only problem I have with Test or KOS is the fact that it can ruin a round for you depending on if you spawn next to a detective or not. The best solution I've heard is that detectives can only Test or KOS once overtime hits, which gives traitors time to take out the detectives, the testers, etc. and lets them play for a good few minutes before their round can be rounded by this mechanic. And honestly this is the only way I can think of to make it better without removing it entirely, and removing it entirely will make the tester all but useless during sticky situations like that where there are stubborn people or just not a lot of people left.
no
If there is anything you wanna get on, make sure it's not my bad side.

[Image: cool-wallpapers-25185-3585291.jpg]