Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing the god awful Test or KOS
Honestly, you're exactly right. If I see some particularly good guys online, I target them immediately with the tester. It's just good strategy. Knowing if Jimbo or Aiser or Lycan are T's at the start of the round vs towards the end is a huge advantage. But I think the smart counter is to just be aware of the detective's presence and to do your best to stay away.
Please do your research, this has been suggested multiple times and has been shot down every time.

No.
And yet people keep bringing it up, different people, over a wide range of time. Which means people still find issue with it. Saying someone can't bring something up for discussion just because it's already been brought up before is, well, just stupid. Change only stops being a possibility when people stop trying to bring it about. At this point counter arguments aren't even being made, all that's being said is that changes were denied in the past, so they're denied now.

With the way test or kos currently works, several people straight up use it to metagame. Which is against server rules, but alas metagaming isn't really detailed, merely mentioned in kind of an off-handed way in the rules. Several people, some of which have straight up admitted to it in this thread alone, use the tester to target players they know to be skilled players as soon as they can in a round, before a single traitorous act has likely been committed. In many of the past threads bringing this topic up, a bunch of the suggestions against chance were pretty much just along the lines of 'sucks to have it happen, but deal with it' or 'just hope you don't spawn next to a detective I guess'. Not really helpful suggestions.

Surely you can understand and actually give a more fleshed out response that actually explains why it should stay exactly the way it is. I mean, most if not all people currently against test or kos aren't even wanting it to be completely done away with, just changed slightly so it can't be used to kill people right off the bat.
Honestly the only real way to keep the tester somewhat effective while taking care of most of the annoyances with it is stopping its use right as the round starts. I myself tend to keep the tester for later in the round when I got a few suspects wandering around and/or want to Ensure that the lads near me are not going to kill me. Now I'm against removing the rule as in a way this gives power to a detective and more insentive to stay the hell away from one. And hell in a more full server, you can get away with killing the detect after he force tests you because of the mic spam going on... Sure in a less full server you've got more problems but a clever T buys a fake tester after killing the detect getting "Proven" and then just destroys it. Or if there's multiple people around, toss a Holy or use a Jihad, they're all dead, you're dead as well sure, but you can message T buds to get you back.

Now on to the metagaming part, in a way, sure it is extremely annoying but who the hell won't agree that ensuring the most dangerous target wandering around is either dead or proven is a really smart thing to do? I mean again yes, it is extremely annoying for them to be consistantly force tested sure. However they lack understanding of how the usual victims of their rampages feel when faced with a single entity who can get instant headshots consistantly etc. So I myself feel that this balances things out. You annoy the server by being a great player, the server annoys you with force tests.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(07-29-2018, 07:52 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Honestly the only real way to keep the tester somewhat effective while taking care of most of the annoyances with it is stopping its use right as the round starts. I myself tend to keep the tester for later in the round when I got a few suspects wandering around and/or want to Ensure that the lads near me are not going to kill me. Now I'm against removing the rule as in a way this gives power to a detective and more insentive to stay the hell away from one. And hell in a more full server, you can get away with killing the detect after he force tests you because of the mic spam going on... Sure in a less full server you've got more problems but a clever T buys a fake tester after killing the detect getting "Proven" and then just destroys it. Or if there's multiple people around, toss a Holy or use a Jihad, they're all dead, you're dead as well sure, but you can message T buds to get you back.

Now on to the metagaming part, in a way, sure it is extremely annoying but who the hell won't agree that ensuring the most dangerous target wandering around is either dead or proven is a really smart thing to do? I mean again yes, it is extremely annoying for them to be consistantly force tested sure. However they lack understanding of how the usual victims of their rampages feel when faced with a single entity who can get instant headshots consistantly etc. So I myself feel that this balances things out. You annoy the server by being a great player, the server annoys you with force tests.

Although it can indeed be annoying, I think the same.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
Even though it's been discussed and turned down before, I want to see change with this. Maybe as you can only test or kos after so many minutes into the round, or make it so if they don't test then it's susable.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(07-29-2018, 02:08 PM)Avi Wrote: Even though it's been discussed and turned down before, I want to see change with this.  Maybe as you can only test or kos after so many minutes into the round, or make it so if they don't test then it's susable.

the thing is, if you don't test or kos them, you can sus them for not testing

imo if we do see change to the test or kos rule it should be only in overtime
Test or KOS is a bad rule mostly because it relies on chance rather than skill. You have to have the chance not to spawn next to the detective. If you do as a traitor, your traitor round is ruined. The only strategy involved is if you could get away, which mostly you can't because he's usually next to many people.
Remember the good old days of TTT when we had no portable tester that we could pull outta our asses? When we had to rely on old school methods like... killing a T, using map testers, or process of elimination? Man good times. If you're not catching on to my suggestion please lemme know.