Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Trusted Position
Ingame Name: AlmostMidnight

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:173747978

Time Played: 696 hours

When First Joined: December 16th, 2017.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Approximately 9:30AM-12:00AM (CDT)

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor 

What can you do to help the community?: Basically, I can help out the server by removing players whose breaking the basic rules and warning them with appropriate action.

Why do you want to help the community?: I've been here since I first joined and interested on helping individuals.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I've been giving a ban 12-hours in the past. (Thread doesn't exist).

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...tion--4465 

How did you find us?: When I first started Garry's Mod, I was really interested in joining Prop Hunt servers, thus I found this particular server for its high number of players (at the time).

Other: N/A
Okay, here we go.

1. You have false information on your staff application. You may have just missed it or otherwise but you have previously applied for staff before on the server. I have linked it below. You also never mention once throughout your application that you were previously staff before which is slightly an issue to me.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...tion--4465

2. You were staff before as your previous application was accepted however you only stayed a staff member for 2 months before resigning. Can we rely on you? Will you drop the ball on the staff again? Will you become wiped out from being staff again? Before you left it appeared as you were already halfway out the door by not responding to staff or players in the server discord or in game despite you being on the server. These are all issues that need to be considered in your application.

3. In game, you're a respectable fellow. You follow the rules and are friendly with the community. You are on quite often which is also a good thing. Only item of critique is that you don't give staff an opportunity to regulate the server before you hit a bind as if you were staff when someone doesn't do something or asks a question.

Due to the fact that you were staff but resigned in the fashion that you did in such a short time period, I am not convinced that the same thing will not happen in the future again. We need people that we can rely on. Prove me wrong but until next time -1 for me. No hard feelings are intended just how I have a view from your history.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
midnight has an ungodly amount of time and experience. never asked for trusted yet dink gave it to him. frankly i still think that midnight was unjustly demoted, but that is in the past. midnight may "never do his job" but he sure as hell has shown an insane commitment to the server. i know that commitment doesn't equal quality staff but for gods sake he has 1k hours in like 5 months, hes been regularly playing 8 hours a day for at least 2-3 months. Maybe, just maybe, that commitment should amount to something
(fyi midnight was denied trusted originally due to his low activity)
hate me all you want +1
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
+1 Honestly I think Midnight has taught me quite a bit about being trusted he's helped me as much as he can, I bring this up because while Midnight was demoted just as I was starting on the server He's taught me more about being trusted than most of the current staff. I think Midnight is a valuable asset and would be a great part of staff I'm willing to give him a chance even if he was demoted once.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
although almost midnight did leave some rather important information off his application i think his small transgretions should be over looked due to his high quality service to the comunity. he is always very quick at handeling any problems in the server such as ghosters and people who are spaming the chat. he is online quite a bit which keeps the server drama free majority of the time, this is very helpful when other staff isnt availible. he is also one of the more helpful people in this comunity when it comes to helping new staff, such as myself, become more familiar with the proper protocols and such. over all i was very sad to see him demoted and belive bringing him back would be a great service to our comunity. its definately a +1 from me!!
As a relatively new staff member, Midnight has given me help when I needed it. He is quick on his feet and he does tend to push some binds before staff can take care of it. That is a minus for a donor but as a staff that is quite helpful. He is very well versed in the rules and is helpful when handling mic/chat spam. He has put forth a lot of time and effort into the Dinkleberg community and is online a good bit. Midnight is very good with helping newer members as well. I feel that he should be given a second chance. Therefore, I give AlmostMidnight a +1.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
When you were staff before, you would go afk for long amounts of time which causes other players to do whatever they want when you are on. It encourages other players to break the rules and when another staff is on and tells them not to do something then they are going to throw a hissy fit saying that you did nothing about it in th first place and they thought they were allowed to do it. Another thing is that I think most of your time on the server is just you afk which is time farming.
Another thing is that you left all discord’s when you were Trusted then came back and didn’t want your rank back. It seemed like you were thinking of resigning when you did that. It’s either you stay or leave there is no “oh imma just leave all the discord’s and not have my rank back but keep my rank on the server and maybe resign”
[Image: giphy.gif]
So this one is a very easy decision for me, Midnight your a nice guy but:
You didn't do jack s*** when you where staff on the server, I had been told by multiple donors and many server regulars that you just sit there and don’t do anything about mic/chat spammers, ghosters, or even hackers. One even told me that they used their powers while you were on because you did not do anything. There have been plenty of times I join the server to ghosters/mic spammers/ racists that were obviously causing problems because people are saying stuff in admin chat and regular chat. The other day you said you “gave them warnings” but if they were doing what they had been doing then you would of had to of gagged them within two or three rounds. Not to mention I banned those same people two rounds later for ghosting which a member messaged me and told me that there where ghosters.
Every time i would load gmod when you were staff I would find the lobby full of mic spammers, ghosters, and occasionally a hacker and nothing was being done, which I’m 90% sure you were hour farming in order to boost your time on gametracker. Other staff I’m sure have noticed this too, it is not appropriate behavior for staff to be against time farming when they themselves do it. You can claim that you do not time farm, however complaints from server regulars and donors stating that you do not do anything while the only staff member on the server say otherwise. Gametracker says that you have been on an average of 600 minutes a day every since you got promoted, however on the forums a server regular stated that the server has been crashed more often lately, if you were as active as gametracker says you are then you would have noticed this problem and should have notified Dink in the staff discord or did what Voxxie did which was create a forum post.
Whenever we use the dinkleberg general discord I appreciate that whn you were staff we would coordinate which teams we are on to balance out staff, however I have heard from server regulars and donors that when they are in the chat you will purposely wait to make sure your on the opposite team from them and that when they talk about their spots you always run straight up to them, yes they are self ghosting but if you are purposefully boosting your score and just sitting there in order to ghost them then that is just completely out of line. I don't know if this is true or not but that behavior isn't acceptable to me.

You told me a short time ago that you were thinking of resigning, going from thinking of resigning to I want to continue to be staff, and then you we're demoted. It also really does not help your case that you left every single one of the dinkleberg discords including the staff discord as if you were going to quietly resign in order to keep your staff ranking.
You avoid maps, as staff you can not have the mindset of “oh i don’t like this map so I’m going to leave and comeback when it is over”, if your the only staff on then your leaving the server unattended or if there is only another trusted on then you are basically leaving them to do all the work meaning if they planned on playing, they now need to spend more time staffing rather than playing. This is more of a personal thing, if I don’t like a map then I will sit in spectator and check for illegal spots and handle other staff responsiblities.
You refused to accept any staff responsibility on the public discord and refused to be in the staff discord showing that you don't want to be seen as staff on there which with that then you shouldn't be staff at all.
Like I said before your a nice guy but to me this a STRONG -1, I personally do not think your fit for staff in general nonetheless with what I have heard about your behavior from when you were staff.
Im closing and denying this currently. You were just demoted less than 2 weeks ago and havent worked proving to me that you have changed and would be a good staff member again. Work on the things I told you about and you may reapply on 9-6-18.
[Image: giphy.gif]